121 posts / 0 new
Last post

ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:
MakeMeRawr_8TeenF wrote:
since Admin has listened to you and decided to not lock the thread

And Fizz!

she said it like a day later lol

I just mean that me just saying something doesn't make it just happen.

I was offering an alternative point of view, 'Admin' would had to have AGREED, not just 'listened' to it to have gone through with it.

I'm not as powerful as you might think >.<

#Before you look at the thorns of the rose , look at it's beauty. Before you complain about the heat of the sun , enjoy it's light. Before you complain about the blackness of the night, think of it's peace and quiet... #

LOL

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Wink

I firmly believe in freedom of speech, do you not?

#Before you look at the thorns of the rose , look at it's beauty. Before you complain about the heat of the sun , enjoy it's light. Before you complain about the blackness of the night, think of it's peace and quiet... #

no, not firmly

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

MakeMeRawr_8TeenF][quote=ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE][quote=MakeMeRawr_8TeenF][quote=ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:

Our names look pretty cool together Lol Blum 3

no, not firmly

Either do or you don't.

There's no such thing as half FREEDOM of speech. Could be wrong but I wouldn't think that if it was restricted it was free.

But I do think that as Muslims, or just normal people, we should try to be nice, or at least not unkind, to other people anyway.

Oops.

MakeMeRawr_8TeenF wrote:
no, not firmly

Either do or you don't.

There's no such thing as half FREEDOM of speech. Could be wrong but I wouldn't think that if it was restricted it was free.

I guess you're right,that's a no then. My idea of freedom reminds me of communism. :oops: :S Fool
Quote:

But I do think that as Muslims, or just normal people, we should try to be nice, or at least not unkind, to other people anyway.

agreed

EDIT: Islam gave people freedom of speech so who am I to deny it to anyone? (but everything comes with limits, right?) Just wish we'd all always use our brains, think, understand then speak.

Islam gave people freedom of speech

I don't know if it's true, but I remember hearing someone say "Words can take you out of the fold of Islam"

Words can appear to take you out of the fold of Islam, and as always, if something is infront of a judge, it is not the intention that would matter, but the action/words etc.

I don't think freedom of speech is a case of absolutes though - it needs and has limits. Even in the UK, a few EDL protests have been banned, there was a massive outcry at the Al Muhajiroon suggestion that people could protest at Wooton Basset. There was outcry when they did protest at a soldiers homecoming parade - a perfectly legitimate form of protest.

(and the cake - that woman who got convicted under terrorism related offences due to her bad poetry.)

Who decides what those limits are? that is the question.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

MakeMeRawr_8TeenF wrote:
Islam gave people freedom of speech

I don't know if it's true, but I remember hearing someone say "Words can take you out of the fold of Islam"

I think i've heard that hadith before, but it doesn't mean that people haven't got freedom of speech - they'd need it in order to say something out of line; hence why i said everything has a limit

Yep, I did say somewhere up there about not locking thread.

A bit over the top considering its the internet.

Do you think she's decided to leave?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:
Do you think she's decided to leave?

I don't she's that sensitive. She has suffered worse...

Everyone has. But, the thing is she came on here to express herself more freely than she felt she could with friends/family. Get new perspectives etc.

Maybe that has been shot down now?

You wrote:
Everyone has. But, the thing is she came on here to express herself more freely than she felt she could with friends/family. Get new perspectives etc.

Maybe that has been shot down now?

Maybe, maybe not. Who knows.

@Ocean once you've been through a lot even the little things can hurt.

she came here to get things off her chest but that didn't work out well did it?!

riiiiiight

When did we start feeling sorry?

I just think she would be better being more open with her family, the people more closer to her. Clearly, being open on a forum hasn't worked, well not this forum anyway. I wonder if Isha knows of any other forums or chat rooms...

I give up.

Why did my post come out twice? :S

Ocean wrote:
YAY

Lol

Nothing wrong has happened here.

Everyone on the forum is allowed to express their own views.

Every time i see the title of this post, i hear this in my head.

(Shaggy)

"Before you go let's analyse the situation
I'm a typical Jamaican
why you laying your frustration (on me)"

MakeMeRawr_8TeenF wrote:

(Shaggy)

I'm a typical Jamaican

LOLLL

# 'When we met it was a perfect combination
But you know my reputation
don't know what you were expecting of me' #

Ah i remember this songgg

Jihad of the Nafs (The Struggle of the Soul)

Truth's_Razors wrote:
MakeMeRawr_8TeenF wrote:

(Shaggy)

I'm a typical Jamaican

LOLLL

don't know what you were expecting (of) me' #

Biggrin

Hahaa, you hear it too?!

MakeMeRawr_8TeenF wrote:
Truth's_Razors wrote:
MakeMeRawr_8TeenF wrote:

(Shaggy)

I'm a typical Jamaican

LOLLL

don't know what you were expecting (of) me' #

Biggrin

Hahaa, you hear it too?!

I actually only saw it after you said it!

Jihad of the Nafs (The Struggle of the Soul)

Lol

well these two are feeling very guilty

s.b.f wrote:
Lol

:O

I have nothing to feel guilty about thank you very much -_-

MakeMeRawr_8TeenF wrote:
s.b.f wrote:
Lol

I didn't suggest you did.

Ocean wrote something about guilt.

I look further down and you and TR are off about lyrics.

It's funny!

s.b.f wrote:
MakeMeRawr_8TeenF wrote:
s.b.f wrote:
Lol

I didn't suggest you did.

Ocean wrote something about guilt.

I look further down and you and TR are off about lyrics.

It's funny!

Aha, tbf i was meaning to say it for ages >.<

The song's stuck in my head again now

Pages