Diary of a bad man

76 posts / 0 new
Last post

Thought this was relevant to DOB

Curse words, profane expletives, and disgusting swear words have become such an integral part of speech today that no one even notices or objects to them anymore. We participate and walk past many such conversations daily. These words that would never be heard in polite conversation a decade ago are spoken brazenly in our mosques, in the schools, and sometimes even in our homes.

The Prophet ﷺ (peace be upon him) said: “The believer is not a slanderer, one who curses frequently, one who indulges in obscenity, or one who engages in foul talk.” (Tirmidhi)

Allah subhanahu wa ta`ala (exalted is He) gives us a sneak peek into hellfire and we find the inhabitants of hell cursing and blaming each other for their fate. It was considered “cool” to use dirty language in this life, but in the hereafter those that are receiving a sizzling “warm” welcome from Allah (swt) are found engaging in cussing. Are these the kinds of people we want to emulate in our lives? Is theirs a desirable end? On the other hand, those who turned away in disgust from laghw (dirty, false, evil vain talk) in this world will be protected from it in the hereafter. In Paradise there will be scintillating conversations but no sign of indecency or vulgarity in speech.

Please read the full article .

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

This is a load of ****, hes a **** and you shouldnt listen to his ****. He takes the micky out of islam more than he teaches anything. He teaches more bad than he does to youngsters. We should follow the sunnah, the prophet. Listen to scholars, why him? who is he? and yet he has millions of followers. You dumb people!

OpenYourEyes wrote:
This is a load of ****, hes a **** and you shouldnt listen to his ****. He takes the micky out of islam more than he teaches anything. He teaches more bad than he does to youngsters. We should follow the sunnah, the prophet. Listen to scholars, why him? who is he? and yet he has millions of followers. You dumb people!

Great minds think alike Blum 3 ...though chill out with the bad language yourself - don't do what he does!
Edit: I should remember this myself too.

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

OpenYourEyes wrote:

Lol

Agreed

OpenYourEyes wrote:

The irony is did you read the article before? About the swearing? LOL!
I don't think you've actually seen Diary of a Bad man- where does he make fun of Islam?
I hate it when people say this stuff and can't come up with evidence because they've just "heard" it second hand.

“Before death takes away what you are given, give away whatever there is to give.”

Mawlana Jalal ud Din Rumi

He doesn't make fun of Islam - though there are those religious preachers who've made vids saying how bad he is, and how we shouldn't watch him/find it funny

He just goes about sharing morals in the wrong way.

The Lamp wrote:
OpenYourEyes wrote:
This is a load of shit, hes a dumbass and you shouldnt listen to his crap. He takes the micky out of islam more than he teaches anything. He teaches more bad than he does to youngsters. We should follow the sunnah, the prophet. Listen to scholars, why him? who is he? and yet he has millions of followers. You dumb people!

I don't think you've actually seen Diary of a Bad man- where does he make fun of Islam?
I hate it when people say this stuff and can't come up with evidence because they've just "heard" it second hand.

Ok, swearing is wrong.. but there's a point. Diary of a Bad man AKA Humza does take the mick... like for example in his first video when he says (something along the lines of): "But 'uff's' not even a cuss!" (in reference to saying anythning back to your parents. So he does take the mick. But i guess for some he is good and for others he isn't. Its a matter of opinion really... (not that it makes what he says right btw)

"That's the thing about pain. It demands to be felt" - Augustus Waters

Nasheedgirl wrote:
The Lamp wrote:
OpenYourEyes wrote:
This is a load of shit, hes a dumbass and you shouldnt listen to his crap. He takes the micky out of islam more than he teaches anything. He teaches more bad than he does to youngsters. We should follow the sunnah, the prophet. Listen to scholars, why him? who is he? and yet he has millions of followers. You dumb people!

Ok, swearing is wrong.. but there's a point. Diary of a Bad man AKA Humza does take the mick... like for example in his first video when he says (something along the lines of): "But 'uff's' not even a cuss!" (in reference to saying anythning back to your parents. So he does take the mick. But i guess for some he is good and for others he isn't. Its a matter of opinion really... (not that it makes what he says right btw)

I think the whole point is that he shows what he's doing is wrong and in the end there's that hadith saying you should respect your parents or whatever, so that shows he was wrong at first. But that's my point, he doesn't emphasise the lesson enough - its just a few mins at the end - AFTER he's taken the mick, said and done all the wrong stuff - which the audience remember and repeat more than the actual lesson.

OpenYourEyes wrote:
Listen to scholars, why him? who is he? and yet he has millions of followers. You dumb people!

and you must be the smart one.

Listening to lectures is boring.

There are more ways of teaching and explaining things that standing infront of a stage and addressing an audience of presumed 70 year olds.

and they even teach younger kids to copy that same boring style. Its disconcerting to see like 10 year olds pretending they are 50.

While I dont like or watch diary of a badman, its different, it talks to people on a different level. Maybe its not the most pious thing and maybe it has even lost its ways (I have only seen like one or two, so I cant really say if it has or hasnt), but its not boring old people being boring old people.

and before you get on your high horse lambasting others for their decadent ways, maybe try to avoid such decadent language yourself? Otherwise a word comes to mind. I starts with H and ends in ypocrite.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Great video, but is it neccesary. he talked about rubbish for the firstt 6-7 minutes and then the last 2-3 minutes were more true. maybe he should mess around less and concentrate more on what his trying to do, which is to get the message across. Heaven is under your mums feet, so respect your mum and your granted jannat. SIMPLE

I am certain he will be more likely to act like a 70 year old when he is 70.

If its not your cup of tea, its not necessary to watch. I don't.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Admin whether u like lectures or not, you have to accept the fact that he does talk rubbish! There are other people on YouTube who are funny and have lots of views without having to use bad language and talk rubbish. Ok they're probably not as influential as him, but he impacts people more negatively than positively from my experience.

Ok. I'm gna stop repeating myself now. I don't hate him that much and I have laughed watching his videos. Just don't think he should be an advert for Islam with the way he behaves.

Taking int account that I posted this video on here......I think the dudes changed from his first video and progressed onto evolving into a complete clown which yeah still makes him funny....just not the kind of acting that I'd like Islam associated with....like little kids are dare I say it looking upto him and trying to copy him.....meh im just worried at effect he might be having on the kids, I'd like to think elder lot can watch it laugh and be done with it......probably not what I though when I first watched it n posted It up.

Rawrrs_isarollingstone wrote:
Baba Ali who can be quite judgemental and offputting

Eh? Baba Ali? Judgemental? Are we talking about the same Baba Ali?

“Before death takes away what you are given, give away whatever there is to give.”

Mawlana Jalal ud Din Rumi

Same guy.

I do agree with that criticism, but most people like him.

Pages