The "Grand Designs" appreciation topic

Does anyone watch this?

Its about middle aged men mostly, who have a mid life crisis and decide to build something ludicrous, often with good results. Real achievements even.

(so like "changing rooms" - but for men.)

You can watch some of the episodes on

Today is was a midlife crisis couple who decided to build an eco home. Their initial budget was £200k, and they in the end spent approximately £340k.

I thought the rooms could have been a bit bigger, morespacious.

I don't watch that. I watch programmes where people's homes have been wrecked by 'Cowboy Builders', and yes, that is the name of the programme.

I dont have a TV :oops:

Your own soul is nourished when you are kind; it is destroyed when you are cruel.

That's good.

We have a TV but I rarely watch it. I watch everything online now.

MuslimBro wrote:
That's good.

We have a TV but I rarely watch it. I watch everything online now.

I only watch dragonball GT (with my brothers)...does that make me one of the guys? :doubt: urrgghh *shudder just to even think about that*

TV's not good for the eyes, makes you lazy and not good for brain also... Biggrin

Your own soul is nourished when you are kind; it is destroyed when you are cruel.

Bijou wrote:

Thats why I linked to 4oD where you can watch it online

:badgrin:

/Corrupting people one action at a time

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:
Bijou wrote:

Thats why I linked to 4oD where you can watch it online

:badgrin:

/Corrupting people one action at a time

Lol your the evilest of all!