Marriage expectations

147 posts / 0 new
Last post

@ Lampy - Ripper is either just a playyer or pretending to be one, I don't think he's had his heart broken just yet lol.

@Ripper, Just cuz I pass on marriage (which actually, social norms wont allow me to do unless no one wants to actually marry me) doesn't mean I will be doing haram stuff.

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Just yet? LOL! OK here's the stake! ;P

“Before death takes away what you are given, give away whatever there is to give.”

Mawlana Jalal ud Din Rumi

ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:
@ Lampy - Ripper is either just a playyer or pretending to be one, I don't think he's had his heart broken just yet lol.

@Ripper, Just cuz I pass on marriage (which actually, social norms wont allow me to do unless no one wants to actually marry me) doesn't mean I will be doing haram stuff.

Hate the game, not the playa...

If I ever have to kill for something, it would be for, "A woman"
If I ever have to kill something it would have to be, "A woman"

Why?

The person to be held to task should be the one doing the damage.

Its not about hate, but about ownership.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Aleena95 wrote:
Loool ..
I think I found him anyways, but thats just my expectations Smile

Do you treat him like a Princess too?

I think I'll pass on marriage and just die a sad, lonely death instead. It'll probably be better than marriage - but, yes, I wouldn't ever find out.

:s seriously....thought u were really into all this marriage stuff

lol, was never "really into it", its just a popular topic in most teenage girl's conversations. Blum 3

Marriage as a concept is all good but when you see how marriages turn out these days its off-putting and you just think its not worth it. Beee

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

lol, was never "really into it", its just a popular topic in most teenage girl's conversations. Blum 3

Marriage as a concept is all good but when you see how marriages turn out these days its off-putting and you just think its not worth it. Beee

ah ok, yh i wouldn't know much about teenage girls convos when it comes to marriage lol.

Lol Smile

a GOOD WIFE IS ONE THAT COOKS,CLEANS & PROVIDES SEX ON DEMAND!

I'd rather go by the guidelines given in the qur'an and sunnah. Seems like a better less angry bet.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

My friend goes her sister's potential husband/fiance is the perfect guy, there seems to be nothing wrong with him and since it seems too good to be true she's on a mission to find his flaw! Lol

I was going to ask would you marry a guy/girl knowing they had had bf/gf relationships outside of marriage in the past? Would you be able to accept such a person?

depends i guess. I would be a lot more :/ if someone had intimate relationships because you dont know what a person might have and tht. unless you only meant these kinda relationships when asking the question..and not the ones (what do u call them???) cos a person can change and if no-one gives them a chance after they have made a change they might feel making a change in the first place was worthless?????

"Verily, in the remembrance of Allah, do hearts find rest"

bilan wrote:
unless you only meant these kinda relationships when asking the question..and not the ones (what do u call them???)
huh? :S

bilan wrote:
depends i guess. I would be a lot more :/ if someone had intimate relationships because you dont know what a person might have and tht. unless you only meant these kinda relationships when asking the question..and not the ones (what do u call them???) cos a person can change and if no-one gives them a chance after they have made a change they might feel making a change in the first place was worthless?????

So does that mean I still have chance? Biggrin

If I ever have to kill for something, it would be for, "A woman"
If I ever have to kill something it would have to be, "A woman"

MuslimBro wrote:

Here is my list of the perfect boyfriend:

1. Shares all email and IM passwords

2. Has none, or only one, female friend

3. Tell's me when his only female friend calls

4. Tell's me when he goes basically anywhere

5. Family time doesn't interfere with our time too much

6. Doesn't want to/will not go out with friends w/o me

7. Doesn't want to/will not travel out of state w/o me to see friends

8. Rarely goes online to IM people, and tells me when he does. And doesn't email any females

9. Does not want to, and never looks at, other females

10. Call and texts a few times every hour or two

11. Never meets other women except when absolutely necessary (i.e. work)

Sounds like my husband. lol

My friend goes her sister's potential husband/fiance is the perfect guy, there seems to be nothing wrong with him and since it seems too good to be true she's on a mission to find his flaw! Lol

I was going to ask would you marry a guy/girl knowing they had had bf/gf relationships outside of marriage in the past? Would you be able to accept such a person?

I used to think i wouldn't ever accept someone who has had previous relationships but it turns out (annoyingly) that almost every guy i know has been in one. Perhaps it's foolish to refuse proposals simply because of the 'been in a relationship before' factor, everyone makes mistakes right?

Jihad of the Nafs (The Struggle of the Soul)

Truth's_Razors wrote:
outside of marriage in the past? Would you be able to accept such a person?

I used to think i wouldn't ever accept someone who has had previous relationships but it turns out (annoyingly) that almost every guy i know has been in one. Perhaps it's foolish to refuse proposals simply because of the 'been in a relationship before' factor, everyone makes mistakes right?

I think, it shouldnt be the sole factor for refusing...
but its like, someone who hasnt been in a relationship, their probability is UP HERE. and the guy who has been a relationship..well, HIS probability (of being accepted by you) is... well..middle-ish?

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

Truth's_Razors wrote:

You've got a few years before you should start considering second best.

There will be those out there that haven't had relationships - they will stick outsometimes as being "unrefined" maybe because they may not have learnt the tricks of the trade.

Everyone makes mistakes, but some you wont want to settle with and more, you need to be in the same point of life with similar goals and aspirations for it to work well.

On the other hand, people can change.

You wrote:
Truth's_Razors wrote:

You've got a few years before you should start considering second best.

There will be those out there that haven't had relationships - they will stick outsometimes as being "unrefined" maybe because they may not have learnt the tricks of the trade.

Everyone makes mistakes, but some you wont want to settle with and more, you need to be in the same point of life with similar goals and aspirations for it to work well.

On the other hand, people can change.

If this was FBook, I would have 'Liked' this Smile

Jihad of the Nafs (The Struggle of the Soul)

I think it all comes down to how honest they're being and why they're being honest with you. People make mistakes; it doesn't matter but if they repent and move forwards then that will be better. Smile

“Before death takes away what you are given, give away whatever there is to give.”

Mawlana Jalal ud Din Rumi

if God can forgive; how dare you not.

but that point admin raised...making me think...

Lilly wrote:
Cuz you're human and it's hard for you -takes a great character to forgive

Lilly wrote:
Cuz you're human and it's hard for you -takes a great character to forgive

but you shouldnt decide to NOT forgive without considering anything.

I never said you should! Smile

Pages