mental illness and jinn

Salaam

What r ppls views on mental illnesses and jinns are they linked together or does one exist and the other doesn't

discuss

Walekumsalams.

I think they are definantely linked. Of course its not always that just because a person might be mentally ill that there is a jinn connected to it, some people are either born that way or sometimes have had life experiences which makes them that way.
However, I think every Musliman should believe in the Ghaib - Jinn ,especially since it is clearly written in the Quran Shareef, and there is a special chapter regarding this issue Surah Jinn.

I myself have had first had experience with the Ghaib and I know many people even though they are Muslims dont believe in it ...

Your own soul is nourished when you are kind; it is destroyed when you are cruel.

i think i saw a book with this title, today

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Oh, as we are on this topic, I'd just like to add:

One of my cousins married this guy; it was a love marriage. I think the guy's relatives wanted him to marry someone else. So, they did some sort of magic and made 3 Jinns attack her. Gradually she turned (kind of) mad. She's like me; you know, weak, stickly, delicate. And, she actually picked her mother-in-law up and threw her outside. Someone like her , who weighs 4 stones. She couldn't even open a marmalade jar, last time i saw her.
She went to the doctors, and they said "there's a whole in her head/brain"; some say it's a tumour, but the actual fact is that it's the doings of the Jinn.

Love is a serious mental disease.

Also, how can one (Muslim) not beleive in Jinn?
I know some people who thought all this 'Jinn' stuff was BS.
But, a meeting with my grandad changed that perspective.
I don't quite understand, if you believe in humans, if you believe in Angles, why not in Jinn?

I think alot of the time people jump to conclusions too quickly. Especially to blame things they dont understand on the supernatural. I find it strange that people arent willing to believe that the person has a medical condition but are more likely to believe its Jinn possession.

We should always look for the most likely cause of the problem first before considering anything supernatural.Yes I believe in Angels and Jinns. They're stated in the Quran, so therefore they exist. Thats good enough for me.

Isha ppl always come out with crap like they set jinns on someone else blah blah blah its all bs. They're taking credit for someone elses misfortune which is sickening. Chances are she already had the medical condition. I hope your cousin was medically treated after that.

The uneducated are always superstitious bcoz thats all they know. An educated and even minded person will explore all the options first before ever considering Jinn involvement. Id have to see some evidence first.

Isha Al-Maghribi wrote:

One of my cousins married this guy; it was a love marriage. I think the guy's relatives wanted him to marry someone else. So, they did some sort of magic and made 3 Jinns attack her. Gradually she turned (kind of) mad. She's like me; you know, weak, stickly, delicate. And, she actually picked her mother-in-law up and threw her outside. Someone like her , who weighs 4 stones. She couldn't even open a marmalade jar, last time i saw her.
She went to the doctors, and they said "there's a whole in her head/brain"; some say it's a tumour, but the actual fact is that it's the doings of the Jinn.

I've got family members going through this also...its horrible to see them suffer like that, such a beautiful life has been wasted out of jealously and cruelty.

Your own soul is nourished when you are kind; it is destroyed when you are cruel.

Sephy wrote:
I think alot of the time people jump to conclusions too quickly. Especially to blame things they dont understand on the supernatural. I find it strange that people arent willing to believe that the person has a medical condition but are more likely to believe its Jinn possession.

We should always look for the most likely cause of the problem first before considering anything supernatural.Yes I believe in Angels and Jinns. They're stated in the Quran, so therefore they exist. Thats good enough for me.

Isha ppl always come out with crap like they set jinns on someone else blah blah blah its all bs. They're taking credit for someone elses misfortune which is sickening. Chances are she already had the medical condition. I hope your cousin was medically treated after that.

The uneducated are always superstitious bcoz thats all they know. An educated and even minded person will explore all the options first before ever considering Jinn involvement. Id have to see some evidence first.

I agree with the first part you have said, people do need to make medical checks...however not everything is always back and white and in some cases (as I believe in Isha's case) Jinns are involved. Many people are just blind to this fact.

Sephy wrote:

Ok, you're entitled to your opinion.

But, she got checked out be Sheikhs, and they said it was Jinn's doings. Plus, my Grandfather ...teaches(?) Jinn and communicates with them, he said there is 3 mischevious Jinn present.
Also , a bunch of doctors, including my Father weren't exactly sure what the cause was; and these were really professional Doctors/Surgeons.
Not to mention, she doesnt really have any noticeable effects of the tumour, that I'm aware of.
Plus, how can you explain the rise in her sudden strength? She can pick up her mother-in-law, who Masha'Allah weighs...a lot.
Therefore, even the educated (doctors, scholars) think there is superstitous purposes.

Masha'Allah, she is in Jerusalem now; on a Pilgrimage....

Bijou wrote:
Isha Al-Maghribi wrote:

I've got family members going through this also...its horrible to see them suffer like that, such a beautiful life has been wasted out of jealously and cruelty.

I agree totally.

Bijou wrote:
Sephy wrote:

I agree with the first part you have said, people do need to make medical checks...however not everything is always back and white and in some cases (as I believe in Isha's case) Jinns are involved. Many people are just blind to this fact.

Again, I agree.
Sometimes, you have to think outside the box...

Bijou wrote:
Sephy wrote:

I aint blind to it. I jst dnt think its the first thng u shud think of.
Aslong as theyre getting checkd by professionals both medical and otherwise.