Fantasy Island (HP and LotR)

529 posts / 0 new
Last post

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
i read the lion, witch and wardrobe when I was about 11

that book was so crap

it HP is anything like that book then I aint intrested

lol, i havent read the chronicles of narnia yet (any of them!) :oops: will get around to it soon tho.

but from wot i've heard of it, and from the reviews of the movie, it seems very different to HP. to be honest, this is expected of fantasies - they are from the imagination of the author, so no fantasy can be similar to another really.

i can honestly say i cant find any similarities between HP and another fantasy i've read - it's unique.

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

that book was so crap

Oh my god, u the first person i ever heard say something like that, When i was younger i used to spend hours in the Wardrobe, just waiting for something to happen and a Lion to appear.

Also this thread has been a much more "let attack aasiyah fascination with HP" then the actual book, but it meant it been loads more fun reading it.

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

"yuit" wrote:
"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

that book was so crap

Oh my god, u the first person i ever heard say something like that, When i was younger i used to spend hours in the Wardrobe, just waiting for something to happen and a Lion to appear.

over-imaginative kid Biggrin

I loved the lion the witch and the wardrobe that was great! I also loved Mary Poppins!

"yuit" wrote:
Also this thread has been a much more "let attack aasiyah fascination with HP" then the actual book, but it meant it been loads more fun reading it.

lol, has it? i never noticed! Fool (i guess that means everyone failed miserably) Blum 3

wel we managed to chat about GTA for a page... Lol but for HP lovers we do always have the spoilers from myself and Seraph - dont check it out unles uv read the Half-Blood Prince! Wink

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"Angel" wrote:
"yuit" wrote:
"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

that book was so crap

!

Yeah the funny part was i used to tell my mates, i actually saw the lion and visited the place when in the Wardorbe amd they actually believed me. Smile

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

"Aasiyah" wrote:
"Mez" wrote:
No but I have watched all three of them! Smile

What about U Aasiyah?

if u like fantasy then i would recommend reading the books. i had read all three books before watching the movies, and in my opinion, this is what made the movies even more enjoyable.

I have not got round to reading any books at all I have just been busy!!

I might catch up with the reading in the summer holidays with college and exams over! Smile

Who is the cat of the Forum? MEZ!
Your damn right!

"Angel" wrote:
"yuit" wrote:

I loved the lion the witch and the wardrobe that was great! I also loved Mary Poppins!

wow, yuit didnt anyone tell u the definition of 'fantasy'? Wink so with the release of the movie ppl have brought up the references to christianity in the book - apparently CS Lewis made parallels to christianity in his books, e.g. Aslan = Jesus :?: people complain that he was trying to indoctrinate children, get certain morals ingrained in their minds or summat, wot do u 2 think of this?

"yuit" wrote:
"Angel" wrote:
"yuit" wrote:
"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

that book was so crap

!

Yeah the funny part was i used to tell my mates, i actually saw the lion and visited the place when in the Wardorbe amd they actually believed me. Smile

(whispers) It was all in his head!! Lol

Your damn right!

"yuit" wrote:
"Angel" wrote:
"yuit" wrote:
"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

that book was so crap

!

Tell Me you knew it was not real right! And U know Santa is not real either don't you! :roll:

Your damn right!

"Angel" wrote:
"yuit" wrote:
"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

that book was so crap

When I was 7 I jumped off the pool house with an umbrella. It didn't work.

I was crushed...

Somewhat literally.

"Aasiyah" wrote:
"Angel" wrote:
"yuit" wrote:

wow, yuit didnt anyone tell u the definition of 'fantasy'? Wink so with the release of the movie ppl have brought up the references to christianity in the book - apparently CS Lewis made parallels to christianity in his books, e.g. Aslan = Jesus :?: people complain that he was trying to indoctrinate children, get certain morals ingrained in their minds or summat, wot do u 2 think of this?

No, I used to just think it was cool that a Lion could talk, which obviously took me a while to realise that in real life they actually didn't :roll: with that and the confusion that teh Wizard of Oz did too me, i realise Fantasy were not really for me. The Jesus thing is stupid, I never notice anything, but then again i was too young and stupid at that age to fully understand the story. Might need to read it again just too see what people are going on abput.

[url=http//

"Constantine" wrote:

I was crushed...

Somewhat literally.

[img]

no way!! where on Earth did u get the idea from?!! OMG. Sad

"Aasiyah" wrote:
"Constantine" wrote:

I was crushed...

Somewhat literally.

[img]

lol Mary Poppins.

I figured if a girl could do it I certainly could.

The funny thing is a year later I saw Superman and attempted to apply my Krytopian powers to flight off the dock.

NAILED my head against a pylon and woke up on the beach

lol that had to be funny to watch though - this stupid kid take a flying leap into a very large wooden pylon.

I was a pretty stupid kid

some boys are really silly they dress up like batman and throw themselves off tops of stairs

i was into witches when i was 7 but i knew my broom stick couldnt fly but my cloak did make me feel a bit evil

"Constantine" wrote:
"Aasiyah" wrote:
"Constantine" wrote:

I was crushed...

Somewhat literally.

[img]

lol Mary Poppins.

I figured if a girl could do it I certainly could.

The funny thing is a year later I saw Superman and attempted to apply my Krytopian powers to flight off the dock.

lol that had to be funny to watch though - this stupid kid take a flying leap into a very large wooden pylon.

I bet you figured out by now that it is impossible fly unless you tye stings to yourself!! :roll:

Your damn right!

"Mez" wrote:
I bet you figured out by now that it is impossible fly unless you tye stings to yourself!! :roll:

lol Icarus.

I dunno if this is indicative of anything but eventually I became a VFR single engine pilot.

And now I fly for real!

"Constantine" wrote:

u mean ur 'Kryptonian' powers... Wink

"Constantine" wrote:

ouch that does not sound nice at all. wot do u mean u 'woke up' on the beach - didnt ppl realise wot had happened?

gosh now i'm scared to death of my kids doing such things - gonna make sure they get it into their heads that all these people are NOT real!! :?

"Constantine" wrote:
I dunno if this is indicative of anything but eventually I became a VFR single engine pilot.

And now I fly for real!

yeh, u lucky sod!!

"Aasiyah" wrote:
"Constantine" wrote:

"Constantine" wrote:

ouch that does not sound nice at all. wot do u mean u 'woke up' on the beach - didnt ppl realise wot had happened?

gosh now i'm scared to death of my kids doing such things - gonna make sure they get it into their heads that all these people are NOT real!! :?

lol are you kidding me? My parents NEVER watched me, in fact most of the time I had to stay out of their way because I was a tremendous nuisance. And it is a private beach so nobody else was around.

Moral of the story - if you don't want to actually keep track of what the kids are up to, force them to wear helmets lol

"Constantine" wrote:
"Mez" wrote:

lol Icarus.

And now I fly for real!

Well Duh!! :roll:

Your damn right!

"Constantine" wrote:
"Aasiyah" wrote:
"Constantine" wrote:

"Constantine" wrote:

lol are you kidding me? My parents NEVER watched me, in fact most of the time I had to stay out of their way because I was a tremendous nuisance. And it is a private beach so nobody else was around.

Moral of the story - if you don't want to actually keep track of what the kids are up to, force them to wear helmets lol

AHHH would'nt they look like little Angels!! Biggrin

Your damn right!

"Aasiyah" wrote:
"Constantine" wrote:

And now I fly for real!

yeh, u lucky sod!!

lol flying... landings on the other hand.

When I went up for my checkride I passed by a slim margin, the FAA examiner called my landing a "very nice interpretation"

haha a lot better these days though...

I had the ironic problem of not being used to landing without a heavy crosswind since I live on the ocean.

But when I went for my checkride it was further instate and there was no heavy crosswind - so I kept "landing" diagonally (if you can picture this it's called "crabbing") but without the crosswind to correct me I was swerving all over the runway.

UGH that was a bad day

"Constantine" wrote:

:shock: i dunno wot to say to that...

[size=7]u cudv drowned...[/size]

Sad

"Mez" wrote:

lol no.. but believe me they look far less angelic with blood gushing out of their foreheads.

"Aasiyah" wrote:
"Constantine" wrote:

Sad

lol... probably would have been a relief to them, never been much of a priority.

Thus the reason I am so big on having a family some day.

I kinda get the feeling I was "accidental"

"Constantine" wrote:
"Mez" wrote:

lol no.. but believe me they look far less angelic with blood gushing out of their foreheads.

True! True! Sad

Your damn right!

"Constantine" wrote:
"Aasiyah" wrote:
"Constantine" wrote:

Sad

lol... probably would have been a relief to them, never been much of a priority.

Thus the reason I am so big on having a family some day.

I kinda get the feeling I was "accidental"

:o dont say that!!

wot happened when u came home with a bloody head then? :?

yeh make sure u have a real 'family' - more than one kid!! Biggrin

"Aasiyah" wrote:

My nanny took me to the hospital and I got a couple stitches.

Which are not fun by even the most masochistic standard.

Mom just yelled at me for "bleeding everywhere" and later apologized by giving me money and telling me to go hang out with my friends - THE UNIVERSAL mom apology.

Anybody find that a bit belittling by the way?

lol okay okay i'll have a boy and a bunch of girls - mostly girls though.

this thread is to long to read...

is it really ALL THAT?

not really into books like this...

prefer non-fiction

"Constantine" wrote:
"Aasiyah" wrote:

My nanny took me to the hospital and I got a couple stitches.

Which are not fun by even the most masochistic standard.

Mom just yelled at me for "bleeding everywhere" and later apologized by giving me money and telling me to go hang out with my friends - THE UNIVERSAL mom apology.

Anybody find that a bit belittling by the way?

lol okay okay i'll have a boy and a bunch of girls - mostly girls though.

Ok is this your Imagination or is it for real? :?

Your damn right!

Pages