Fantasy Island (HP and LotR)

529 posts / 0 new
Last post

"Mez" wrote:
But Ron never did any spell when they drove to Hogwarts! or did they?

lol Mez ur so gullible, its sweet tho. Biggrin Hayder hasnt ever read any HP books, he's a HP-hater without even knowing y, so i wouldnt trust him if i were u! Lol

the answer to ur Q is Muggle's rules dont apply to Wizards and Witches. well, witches and wizards dont travel by flying cars anyway, i'm guessing that the Weasley boys, like their father, learnt how to drive via trial and error! but ofcourse Ron gets a howler from his parents for driving that car, so its not as tho he's ALLOWED to drive, but it was a last resort.

hope that answers ur question. Smile

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

Aasiyah you seen the new movie GOF yet?

Doesnt do the book justice IMO. Seems like they're rushng thru the storyline. The Elves were not mentioned at all... in fact you wont see a single elf in the whole movie.
The Quidditch World Cup is only featured briefly, you dont get to watch them play... or see the Veela.... or the leprochauns and the fake gold.
Compared to the book its too fast paced... i guess they were just trying to make it all fit in the hour and half or watever.

but the end scene with voldemort was cool.

One bit i didnt like about this movie was that it shattered my image of Dumbledore being the cool/calm genius/funny type. Instead he comes off a little too human in this. Maybe thats just my mental image of how i recon he should be from the books.

Anyway... seeing Harry trying to chat up Cho is well worth watching it... funny.

Back in BLACK

"Aasiyah" wrote:
...so i wouldnt trust him if i were u! Lol

:evil:

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:
"Aasiyah" wrote:
...so i wouldnt trust him if i were u! Lol

:evil:

heyyyy, ur not ment to take comments outta context - i sed that^^ in relation to HP, i mean come on, seeing as how u havent read any of the books, ur far from an authority on it! i'm sure we can trust u when it comes to other stuff tho...

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"Seraph" wrote:
Aasiyah you seen the new movie GOF yet?

Doesnt do the book justice IMO. Seems like they're rushng thru the storyline. The Elves were not mentioned at all... in fact you wont see a single elf in the whole movie.
The Quidditch World Cup is only featured briefly, you dont get to watch them play... or see the Veela.... or the leprochauns and the fake gold.
Compared to the book its too fast paced... i guess they were just trying to make it all fit in the hour and half or watever.

but the end scene with voldemort was cool.

One bit i didnt like about this movie was that it shattered my image of Dumbledore being the cool/calm genius/funny type. Instead he comes off a little too human in this. Maybe thats just my mental image of how i recon he should be from the books.

Anyway... seeing Harry trying to chat up Cho is well worth watching it... funny.

nope, definitely will go this weekend! wow yeh i heard theyd missed out a lot. pity about the Quidditch and i'm not at all happy that they left out Dobby. Sad but Fleur Delacour is part-Veela, dunno if that counts. Wink

"Aasiyah" wrote:

i'm sure we can trust u when it comes to other stuff tho...

..at your own risk Lol
joke

Might go watch that chronicles of narnia film 2day, the TIGER, Aasiyah and the wardrobe

any1 seen it? supposed 2 be good?

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

Ha Ha Lol
That is not at all amusing !!
:o
Try again!! Dirol

Who is the cat of the Forum? MEZ!
Your damn right!

what wasnt?

it was a serious question :!:

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:
Might go watch that chronicles of narnia film 2day, the TIGER, Aasiyah and the wardrobe

so is this my turn to go :evil:

:roll:

oy i thought u didnt like fantasy - ur giving in HAH. Biggrin u might aswell go watch the HP film too (before me! :()

i never said that.......i LOVED LOTR Biggrin

they knew how to make a good film.....didnt even read the books

and before you start.......i read some of Chamber of Secrets and watched the 1st HP film.....pretty rubbish

LOTR fantasy was next level..........HP was OTT hullabaloo

and i dare not stoop that low, and watch HP Wink

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:
i never said that.......i LOVED LOTR Biggrin

they knew how to make a good film.....didnt even read the books

and before you start.......i read some of Chamber of Secrets and watched the 1st HP film.....pretty rubbish

LOTR fantasy was next level..........HP was OTT hullabaloo

and i dare not stoop that low, and watch HP Wink

wel *shockhorror* ur not the only one who thought the first few HP movies were crap. Daniel Radcliffe didnt learn how to act properly till around the thrid one (PoA). with the new director, Prizoner of Azkaban was the first good HP movie IMO.

but go-osh, who on Earth starts reading a series of books from the middle? u shudv read The Philsopher's Stone first! :roll:

and yeh, LOTR rocked!!! i can imagine u getter bored to death by the books though.

this HP movie has been top of the UK box office for 3 consecutive weeks! its obviously gonna b worth watching...

Well it did not sound like a serious question to me!! :?

Your damn right!

"Aasiyah" wrote:

wel *shockhorror* ur not the only one who thought the first few HP movies were crap. Daniel Radcliffe didnt learn how to act properly till around the thrid one (PoA). with the new director, Prizoner of Azkaban was the first good HP movie IMO.

but go-osh, who on Earth starts reading a series of books from the middle? u shudv read The Philsopher's Stone first! :roll:

and yeh, LOTR rocked!!! i can imagine u getter bored to death by the books though.

well pretty much every1 kept telllin me how good 1 and 2 were...

and i read it coz my lil bro brought it home and i wanted to see what the fuss was about Smile ....i knew the storyline so i was followin....but got bored quickly....even my lil bro thought it was childish!

i dont think i could read either of the books...HP or LOTR....[size=7]waste of time[/size] and too hard on the mind

the films are better.....and thats where LOTR rocks, Peter Jackson made a good job of all 3 movie

i was sad to see the end of the 3rd one...and coz, i think, JRR Tolkien is dead....no chance of a 4th Sad

"Aasiyah" wrote:

this HP movie has been top of the UK box office for 3 consecutive weeks! its obviously gonna b worth watching...

are you tryna make me go watch it? Wink

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:
i dont think i could read either of the books...HP or LOTR....[size=7]waste of time[/size] and too hard on the mind

yeh yeh... in other words ur too lazy to read. Lol

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:
the films are better.....and thats where LOTR rocks, Peter Jackson made a good job of all 3 movie

definitely. i always say i find the LOTR movies way better than the HP ones (though HP still has the potential to get better!) whereas the HP books are better than the LOTR ones.

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:
i was sad to see the end of the 3rd one...and coz, i think, JRR Tolkien is dead....no chance of a 4th Sad

u think? Wink yeh he died in 1973. BUT there's always 'The Hobbit'!! thats the story of Bilbo Baggins, remember him? i think Jackson said he'd make it eventually. Smile

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:
are you tryna make me go watch it? Wink

y, r u considering going? Lol i was not kidding about the box office - check it out:

oh, and its top in the US too!

lol.....do you work on comisission for HP? Wink

i WILL NOT GO WATCH IT!!!!

many films are top of the box office, doesnt mean they are good....just means many people go watch them

take for instance......Austin Powers - i wouldnt watch it, despise them kinda films........but in UK and i think US........it sells

yes i am too lazy to read 3 books 1000 pages each, or 6 books 800 pages each........I have a life!!!

HP movie has potentila to get better? how many are left? i doubt the story will be as dark...as mysterious.....as edge of your seat.......and as good effects as LOTR Dirol

The Hobbit - now that would be a nice film to watch....i kinda skimmed thru the book and found an E-book online of it.

a film on smeagle would be nice tho Biggrin

[size=7]trixxxy little Potter, stealin my fame.....ITS MINES, MINES!!![/size]

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

Well U know u R not all amuzing

You just have to try harder next time Biggrin

Your damn right!

"Mez" wrote:
Well U know u R not all amuzing

You just have to try harder next time Biggrin

come again?....im sorry...not got a clue what ur on about, or who ur talkin to

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

I think
LOTR is not as good as HP films
and not as interesting as them!! Sad

Your damn right!

i think......

:roll:

LION KING would whupp HP's rear any day!!

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

I am talking to U Darth V-Hayder!!

Who else?

Your damn right!

Hye don’t talk about HP like that!!

Why R U being so mean to him? Sad

Your damn right!

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:
lol.....do you work on comisission for HP? Wink

i WILL NOT GO WATCH IT!!!!

so u say... :twisted:

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:
many films are top of the box office, doesnt mean they are good....just means many people go watch them

so u tryna say the millions of ppl who go watch these movies are dum.b enuf to not look at reviews or listen to wot other ppl sed about the movie, before going to watch it? not everyone is rich enuf to go waste their money on crap movies ya know. crap movies would most definitely NOT b top of the box office for a THIRD CONSECUTIVE week.

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:
yes i am too lazy to read 3 books 1000 pages each, or 6 books 800 pages each........I have a life!!!

lazy ppl dont have a life! Lol

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:
HP movie has potentila to get better? how many are left? i doubt the story will be as dark...as mysterious.....as edge of your seat.......and as good effects as LOTR Dirol

yep, there are 3 movies left (the final book is yet to come out). so it still has a lot of time and potential to improve. i doubt it'll ever surpass the LOTR movies, but it'll still be wicked. each have their own charm - they are different 'fantasies' after all. Smile

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:
The Hobbit - now that would be a nice film to watch....i kinda skimmed thru the book and found an E-book online of it.

a film on smeagle would be nice tho Biggrin

yeh The Hobbit movie should be good. but a film on smeagol? naaah. they already covered his transition in the LOTR movies anyway. an entire movie just about smeagol would be boring. but he will feature in The Hobbit ofcourse!! Smile

"Mez" wrote:
Hye don’t talk about HP like that!!

Why R U being so mean to him? Sad

poor hayder doesnt have a life u see, so he's just taking it out on a fictional character who cant talk back to him. Lol Wink

"Mez" wrote:
I think
LOTR is not as good as HP films
and not as interesting as them!! Sad

have u read the LOTR books?

No but I have watched all three of them! Smile

What about U Aasiyah?

Your damn right!

i read the lion, witch and wardrobe when I was about 11

that book was so crap

it HP is anything like that book then I aint intrested

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

that book was so crap

I take it U would not go and watch the movie then Smile

Your damn right!

"Mez" wrote:
"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

that book was so crap

nope.

last movie I watched was the exorcism of emily rose

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"Mez" wrote:
"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

that book was so crap

nope.

last movie I watched was the exorcism of emily rose

Ok would U go and watch the new HP movie then? Biggrin

Your damn right!

"Mez" wrote:
No but I have watched all three of them! Smile

What about U Aasiyah?

if u like fantasy then i would recommend reading the books. i had read all three books before watching the movies, and in my opinion, this is what made the movies even more enjoyable.

Pages