always going of track!

Who is the cat of the Forum? MEZ!
Your damn right!

"Mez" wrote:
Cut the chit chat

Back on to the Harry Potter topic!

You boys will never learn!!

always going of track!

heheh. hello newbie, do u like the forum? sorry dont know much bout u as i havent visited the newbies thread recently...

anyways r u a HP fan? Biggrin

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

Aasiyah! did you see the new movie yet?

"Constantine" wrote:

no!! Cray 2 can u believe tht?! :shock:

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

If you want, I can tell you what happens.

:?:

"Aasiyah" wrote:
"Constantine" wrote:

no!! Cray 2 can u believe tht?! :shock:

!!!!!!

Thats just wrong... go out and see it right now! I don't care if you have class - just tell your prof you have homework.

lol i KNOW! it'll probably b outta the cinemas soon. but i never go 2 the cinema on my own, and my friends too busy at the mo. but hopefully we'll go this weekend.

enver r u kidding?!! i've read the book so i already know 'wot happens' anyway. Blum 3

"Aasiyah" wrote:
enver r u kidding?!! i've read the book so i already know 'wot happens' anyway. Blum 3

Drat!!

[size=5]NOTE TO SELF: Try to spoil the book not the film, duh... [/size]

"Enver" wrote:
[size=5]NOTE TO SELF: Try to spoil the book not the film, duh... [/size]

Lol

Its tru tho... HP Book 7 will be the end of the HP series.

J.K Rowling has agreed to write "other" things for a much younger audience.

In terms of what happens in Book 7, all ive got to go on is that J.K Rowling is uneasy as to maybe she's made the ending too obvious. And that book 7 would pretty much pickup where book 6 left off. And as there was a definate end to THBP you feel very strongly that the plot is not over.

So any theories? Or rumors?

anyone

Back in BLACK

dya know wot... when the previous books were released i'd b well eager for the next one to come out, coz i'd feel like the story was left on a cliffhanger.

but this one kinda killed the suspense for me. dumbledore dying was not convincing or a good twist (the fact tht i knew prior to reading it did not help).

in some ways i wish she'd prolong things a bit more, add the suspense... coz i cant imagine the story being 'over', i'm dreading reading 'THE END' in big fat letters in the next book. Sad

"Aasiyah" wrote:

in some ways i wish she'd prolong things a bit more, add the suspense... coz i cant imagine the story being 'over', i'm dreading reading 'THE END' in big fat letters in the next book. Sad

oh my..... :roll:

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:
"Aasiyah" wrote:

oh my..... :roll:

lol, i thought ud reply to that post of mine, cudnt help urself eh? Blum 3

you know me to well

nope i couldnt

plus having not posted for what seems like a long time, i cant help it!!

i jus find the extreme love for Hairy Puthar quite......well, sad Blum 3

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:
you know me to well

nope i couldnt

plus having not posted for what seems like a long time, i cant help it!!

i jus find the extreme love for Hairy Puthar quite......well, sad Blum 3

ew.. 'extreme love', do i luk like a sufi to u? :roll:

look, its fairly simple: not everyone has the same likes and dislikes, if we did, we'd b robots. for e.g. i am in no way a footy fan and find it somewhat sad tht people spend hours of their time every week watching matches on the telly, talking footy and wotnot. but hav u ever seen me take the piss outta u footy fans?

[size=7]your swearing[/size] no need to get worked up Wink

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:
[size=7]your swearing[/size] no need to get worked up Wink
huh, no i'm not...? Fool

lol i am not one to get worked up over footy, seriously. my point was, tho i find footy fans somewot sad, i dont hav enuf knowledge to diss it anyway as i've never been interested enuf to learn about it. i.e. if one is ignorant about summat, they shouldnt comment. Wink

edit: jus re-read my post to find the alleged swearing... Blum 3 if ur referring to 'taking the piss' i never saw tht as a swear as its the equivalent of 'taking the mick' right, wots the diff? soz didnt realise tht was a swear, i wont use it from now on.

well the last i checked, if i said that word to the teacher i would get in trouble

and my parents have never said it

and it can be a swear word

mayeb isnt, dunno but to mee it is

and....u were gettin worked up Wink

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:
well the last i checked, if i said that word to the teacher i would get in trouble

lol, ur becoming like lilsis now - gotta get the last word... Blum 3 Lol

"Aasiyah" wrote:
"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:

lol, ur becoming like lilsis now - gotta get the last word... Blum 3 Lol

Uh oh... two of em

im Unique :evil:

[size=7]i am unique, there is no one like me, i am me, hayder, i like me, i repeat, i am unique, there is no one today like me, i am happy with me[/size]

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

oh and....i see you havnt quite kicked the habit of stickin your tongue out :roll:

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:
oh and....i see you havnt quite kicked the habit of stickin your tongue out :roll:

oh wel since it bugged u so much i promised to stop using it a while back, but ur reply was evil, so u lost ur chance! Blum 3

[b]Seraph, u asked if we knew anything Book7-related, so here are some extracts from an interview with JKR, trust me the [url= interview[/url] is way longer (its in 3 parts!), these r just some main points u may b interested in:[/b]

- we will see more of Umbridge.

- JKR wouldnt answer the questions 'What would Dumbledore's boggart be?' and 'What would Dumbledore see in the Mirror of Erised?'

- as it stands, the last word in Book7 is 'scar'.

- this was a major thought i had whilst reading the HBP, and i remember mentioning it here at the time:

Quote:
MA: Yeah, chapter one, and current world events, specifically in the last four years. Terrorism and the like; has it factored into your writing, has it shaped your writing?

JKR: No, never consciously, in the sense that I've never thought, "It's time for a post-9/11 Harry Potter book," no. But what Voldemort does, in many senses, is terrorism, and that was quite clear in my mind before 9/11 happened. I was going to read last night [ie, do the midnight reading at the castle] from chapter one. That was the reading until the 7th of July [bombings in London]. It then became quite clear to me that it was going to be grossly inappropriate for me to read a passage in which the Muggle prime minister is discussing a mass Muggle killing. It just wasn't appropriate, as there are touches of levity in there. It was totally inappropriate, so that's when I had to change, and I decided to go for the joke shop, which is all very symbolic because, of course, Harry said to Fred and George, “I’ve got a feeling we’ll all be needing a few laughs before long.” It all ties together nicely. So no, not consciously, but there are parallels, obviously. I think one of the times I felt the parallels was when I was writing about the arrest of Stan Shunpike, you know? I always planned that these kinds of things would happen, but these have very powerful resonances, given that I believe, and many people believe, that there have been instances of persecution of people who did not deserve to be persecuted, even while we're attempting to find the people who have committed utter atrocities. These things just happen, it's human nature. There were some very startling parallels at the time I was writing it.

- Book7 wil probably b shorter than OotP

- "R.A.B" - the person who messed with Voldy's horcrux (the locket) - apparently 'Regulus Black' (sirius's bro) is a good guess. and maybe he has the other mirror (remember wen sirius gave harry a mirror to get in touch...).

-

Quote:
MA: Now that Dumbledore is gone, will we ever know the spell that he was trying to cast on Voldemort in the Ministry?

JKR: It’s possible, it's possible that you will know that. You will — [pause] — you will know more about Dumbledore. I have to be sooo careful on this.

- JKR feels she made it painfully obvious in the first five books that Harry and Ginny wud become an item, as wud Ron and Hermione.

- On Draco in HBP:

Quote:
MA: He was utterly fascinating in this book.

JKR: Well, I'm glad you think so, because I enjoyed this one. Draco did a lot of growing up in this book as well. I had an interesting discussion, I thought, with my editor Emma, about Draco. She said to me, "So, Malfoy can do Occlumency," which obviously Harry never mastered and has now pretty much given up on doing, or attempting. And she was querying this and wondering whether he should be as good as it, but I think Draco would be very gifted in Occlumency, unlike Harry. Harry’s problem with it was always that his emotions were too near the surface and that he is in some ways too damaged. But he's also very in touch with his feelings about what's happened to him. He's not repressed, he's quite honest about facing them, and he couldn't suppress them, he couldn't suppress these memories. But I thought of Draco as someone who is very capable of compartmentalizing his life and his emotions, and always has done. So he's shut down his pity, enabling him to bully effectively. He's shut down compassion — how else would you become a Death Eater? So he suppresses virtually all of the good side of himself. But then he's playing with the big boys, as the phrase has it, and suddenly, having talked the talk he's asked to walk it for the first time and it is absolutely terrifying. And I think that that is an accurate depiction of how some people fall into that kind of way of life and they realize what they're in for. I felt sorry for Draco. Well, I’ve always known this was coming for Draco, obviously, however nasty he was.

Harry is correct in believing that Draco would not have killed Dumbledore, which I think is clear when he starts to lower his wand, when the matter is taken out of his hands.

- On Dumbledore in HBP:
Quote:
ES: Was Dumbledore planning to die?

MA: It goes back to the question of whether Snape.... whether this had been planned, and since Dumbledore had this knowledge of Draco the whole year, had they had a discussion that said, "Should this happen, you have to act as if it is entirely your intention to just walk forward and kill me, because if you don't, Draco will die, the Unbreakable Vow, you'll die," and so on —

JKR: No, I see that, and yeah, I follow your line there. I can't — I mean, obviously, there are lines of speculation I don't want to shut down. Generally speaking, I shut down those lines of speculation that are plain unprofitable. Even with the shippers. God bless them, but they had a lot of fun with it. It's when people get really off the wall — it's when people devote hours of their time to proving that Snape is a vampire that I feel it's time to step in, because there's really nothing in the canon that supports that.

ES: It's when you look for those things —

JKR: Yeah, it's after the 15th rereading when you have spots in front of your eyes that you start seeing clues about Snape being the Lord of Darkness. So, there are things I shut down just because I think, well, don't waste your time, there's better stuff to be debating, and even if it's wrong, it will probably lead you somewhere interesting. That's my rough theory anyway.

- More on "R.A.B":
Quote:
MA: Forgive me if I'm remembering incorrectly, but was Regulus the one who was murdered by Voldemort —

JKR: Well Sirius said he wouldn't have been because he wasn't important enough, remember?

MA: But that doesn’t have to be true, if [R.A.B.] is writing Voldemort a personal note.

JKR: That doesn't necessarily show that Voldemort killed him, personally, but Sirius himself suspected that Regulus got in a little too deep. Like Draco. He was attracted to it, but the reality of what it meant was way too much to handle.

- ok here's a bit tht cud clearly provide some hints, but its completely slipped my mind who this 'Grindelwald' person is, so wil u lot plz enlighten me...:
Quote:
ES: Our other “Ask Jo” question (the one about James and Lily’s sacrifices), was from Maria Vlasiou, who is 25, of the Netherlands. And then the third is from Helen Poole, 18, from Thirsk, Yorkshire – also one of the “Plot Thickens” fan book authors. It’s the one about Grindelwald, which I’m sure you’ve been gearing up for us to ask.

JKR: Uh huh.

ES: Clearly -

JKR: Come on then, remind me. Is he dead?

ES: Yeah, is he dead?

JKR: Yeah, he is.

ES: Is he important?

JKR: [regretful] Ohhh...

ES: You don’t have to answer but can you give us some backstory on him?

JKR: I'm going to tell you as much as I told someone earlier who asked me. You know Owen who won the [UK television] competition to interview me? He asked about Grindelwald [pronounced "Grindelvald" HMM…]. He said, “Is it coincidence that he died in 1945,” and I said no. It amuses me to make allusions to things that were happening in the Muggle world, so my feeling would be that while there's a global Muggle war going on, there's also a global wizarding war going on.

ES: Does he have any connection to --

JKR: I have no comment to make on that subject.

MA: Do they feed each other, the Muggle and wizarding wars?

JKR: Yeah, I think so. Yeah. Mm.

MA: You've gone very quiet.

MA: We like when you get very quiet, it means —

ES: You’re clearly hiding something.

- there is no significance behind the gum wrappers that (insane) Mrs. Longbottom keeps giving Neville.

- ON SIRIUS'S DEATH!!!

Quote:
MA: Our third winner question is from Monique Padelis, who’s 15, of Surrey. How and when was the veil created?

JKR: The veil's been there as long as the Ministry of Magic has been there, and the Ministry of Magic has been there, not as long as Hogwarts, but a long time. We’re talking hundreds of years. It's not particularly important to know exactly when, but centuries, definitely.

MA: Was it used as an execution chamber or just studying?

JKR: No, it's just studying. The Department of Mysteries is all about studying. They study the mind, the universe, death…

MA: Are we going back to that room, that locked room?

JKR: No comment.

- mysteriously enuf:
Quote:
Dumbledore's family would be a profitable line of inquiry.

- ON DUMBLEDORE'S DEATH!!!
Quote:
JKR: Well, there you go. See, I'm aware that “Half-Blood Prince” will not delight everyone, because it does shoot down some theories. I mean, if it didn't, I haven't done my job right. A few people won't particularly like it, and a lot of people aren't going to like the death very much, but that was always what was planned to come.

We still don't know whether there was a genuine leak on that, or whether it was speculation that happened to be accurate.

ES: With this book?

MA: Remember the bets?

ES: Oh yeah -

JKR: Yeah, the betting scam. Well, we're now 50/50. If you remember, on “Phoenix,” the betting went for Cho Chang, and it was exactly the same thing. Suddenly someone put up something like £10,000 on Cho Chang to die, and you wouldn't think someone would waste that kind of money, so we think that they thought they had inside information. On the Dumbledore one, we still don't know. Was there a genuine leak or did someone just guess, and get it right?

ES: I remember actually putting a poll up on MuggleNet asking people if they thought he was going to bite it.

JKR: And what was the result? That's really interesting.

ES: The majority thought he was going to die in book six — well, six or seven. Most thought it was going to be in seven.

JKR: Really. Yeah.

ES: It was probably 65/35, but definitely, most thought he was going to die.

JKR: Yeah, well, I think if you take a step back, in the genre of writing that I'm working in, almost always the hero must go on alone. That's the way it is, we all know that, so the question is when and how, isn't it, if you know anything about the construction of that kind of plot.

- ok here's another obviously significant bit, but agen, coz i hav forgotten who this 'Aberforth' chap is, u guys wil hafta enlighten me!
Quote:
ES: What on earth was Aberforth Dumbledore doing with those goats?

[Big laughs from all]

JKR: Your guess is as good as mine! [Evil laugh!]

MA: Excellent. And Dumbledore makes a little joke about him in this one, about knowing people in bars.

JKR: Yes, absolutely. Yeah, that's right. And you of course see Aberforth very briefly.

MA: Does the gleam of triumph still have yet to make an appearance?

JKR: That's still enormously significant. And let's face it, I haven’t told you that much is enormously significant, so you can let your imaginations run free there.

ES: I think everybody realized it was significant when they read it but we didn’t see it materialize in 5 or 6.

JKR: Well, it still is.

ES:We’ve been kind of waiting for the big revelation.

JKR: Absolutely, that's for seven. That's for seven.

- MORE ON BOOK7!!!
Quote:
MA: Here at the end you sort of get the feeling that we know what Harry’s setting out to do, but can this really be the entire throughline of the rest of the story?

JKR: It's not all of it. Obviously it's not all of it, but still, that is the way to kill Voldemort. That's not to say it won't be extremely an torturous and winding journey, but that's what he's got to do. Harry now knows — well he believe he knows – what he’s facing. Dumbledore's guesses are never very far wide of the mark. I don't want to give too much away here, but Dumbledore says, ‘There are four out there, you've got to get rid of four, and then you go for Voldemort.’ So that's where he is, and that's what he's got to do.

ES: It's a tall order.

JKR: It's a huge order. But Dumbledore has given him some pretty valuable clues and Harry, also, in the course of previous six books has amassed more knowledge than he realizes. That's all I am going to say.

ES: It seems like it would be impossible. If Harry had gone to the cave, he never could have done it on his own, it seems like.

JKR: Well, I'm prepared to bet you now, that at least before the week is out, at least one of the Horcruxes will have been correctly identified by careful re-readers of the books.

- spooky...:
Quote:
MA: Was there anyone else present in Godric’s Hollow the night Harry’s parents were killed?

JKR: No comment.

- MOVIES VS. BOOKS!!!
Quote:
ES: Oh, I have a question about that. When you write the books now, do you see the actors from the movies, or do you see your own characters?

JKR: My own characters. Every time.

ES: Their faces don’t infiltrate your head at all?

JKR: Not at all. I still see my Ron, I still see my Harry, I still see my Hermione. I was writing them for too long before the films came out for the film images to displace what’s in my head. I was lucky in that sense. I’d lived with these characters so long, it just couldn’t have any effect. Occasionally I will — Ron/Lavender, I did kind of think of Rupert. I mean, it was always planned that way, obviously, but I would kind of emerge for a coffee break and I might have a wry smile about Rupert.

MA: Doing that?

JKR: Not so much doing it, he’ll be more than adequate to the task of doing it, but thinking about him attending the castings for Lavender, stuff like that. It just kind of makes you smile once you know the people who are acting it. But I really mean what I’ve said before – you would have to go a very long way to find three better-adjusted people, given what they’ve been through, Rupert, Dan and Emma. They’re incredible.

Aasiyah calm down, its lack of sleep getin to you....why such long posts? i would have read it in the mornin but since its HP not gona bother readin it at all. Yeh i knw u didnt post if for us HP-haters Blum 3

"Angel" wrote:
Aasiyah calm down, its lack of sleep getin to you....why such long posts? i would have read it in the mornin but since its HP not gona bother readin it at all. Yeh i knw u didnt post if for us HP-haters Blum 3

hehe, its a long post coz, as i sed, its just some points from an interview thats so long it had to be put on the website in 3 parts!!! and it apparently came up to 66 pages in writing!! :shock:

and lol, yeh its not really for those who havent read HP, coz u wouldnt understand it... Wink

Hi Aasiyah
Yeh I like this thread, I find Harry Potter very intriguing

I have watched the first two films of Harry Potter and found it interesting but annoying because they cut bits out in the films which is in the books.

Your damn right!

Look in the new members thread
And you will find your answer you are seek about me!!

Your damn right!

Pages