Fantasy Island (HP and LotR)

529 posts / 0 new
Last post

"Hedwig" wrote:

wot u gonna do for me in return? :twisted: (how bout no more commenting on HP til uv read it?) Blum 3

OK girl u have my word Wink

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"Hedwig" wrote:

wot u gonna do for me in return? :twisted: (how bout no more commenting on HP til uv read it?) Blum 3

I could have told u how too and I can save you having to read that stupid books as well. But come to think of it you have Harry Potter addict written all over you. :roll:

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"Hedwig" wrote:

wots with the wink?? [img]

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"yuit" wrote:
"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"Hedwig" wrote:

I could have told u how too and I can save you having to read that stupid books as well. But come to think of it you have Harry Potter addict written all over you. :roll:

no she desent yuit, wot r u chatting bout....

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"yuit" wrote:
"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"Hedwig" wrote:

actually YOU tell me

that way I can stick to cussing lamo hairy puthar as much as I want

btw I had a guy in my year in high school-he looked like geeky harry potter

I made sure he was aware of this :twisted:

Nah, you gave her ur word now, i can't make u break ur word, but it so easy i surprise you need to ask someone.

Aasiyah, she a fanatical reader, she claims too read a book a night. I think she be made for harry potter.

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

"yuit" wrote:
Aasiyah, she a fanatical reader, she claims too read a book a night. I think she be made for harry potter.
wow, really? oh yeh thts right, she studied Lit at A-level too right.

hmm, so in tht case, y r u not willing to read HP lilsis, scared ul get addicted? Wink

lol luv the smileys! Biggrin

but u can anser this Qs if u want, as its a genuine one imo:

if ur an avid reader, y didnt u read the first HP book wen it came out? r u against the witchcraft element? (my cousin's dad doesnt allow her to read em coz of this) and if thats not the reason, then y not? r u just not into fantasy - hav u read CS Lewis and Tolkein's books?

"Hedwig" wrote:

if ur an avid reader, y didnt u read the first HP book wen it came out? r u against the witchcraft element? (my cousin's dad doesnt allow her to read em coz of this) and if thats not the reason, then y not? r u just not into fantasy - hav u read CS Lewis and Tolkein's books?

LOL

I have nothing against witch craft and my parents never censor my reading

the witches by roald dahl was one of my fav books

the hype of this book and the ugly geeky kids has put me of wanting to pick this book up

even if I'm bored out of my head I would never read it-and I'm a bookworm who even study's the back of the cereal box's when I'm bored

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
LOL

I have nothing against witch craft and my parents never censor my reading

the witches by roald dahl was one of my fav books

the hype of this book and the ugly geeky kids has put me of wanting to pick this book up

even if I'm bored out of my head I would never read it-and I'm a bookworm who even study's the back of the cereal box's when I'm bored

lol, i do tht with cereal boxes too (only wen i'm having breakfast tho!) Biggrin

wel u dont reallly know how they look til uv read their description in the books ... Wink drawings are just depictions outta an artists mind, and obviously the actors in the movies aren't 'the real thing' either.

some books automatically are hyped up coz of the authors being famous or wotnot, which is wots more interesting bout JK Rowling - she rose to fame from virtual 'nothingness', due to readers' reactions... if her book happened to b crap, ther wudnt have been a chance for the hype!

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:
...wow....you can sense the excitement in Hedwig;s posts!!

get a life you silly gooose! :twisted:

Harry Puthar, what a joke :roll:

gota agree with Hayder for once, it is lame not what u guys are makin it to be...

Just b4 class was gona end sum1 was goin on but HP i thot Aasiyah wud fit right in :roll:

Hey Aasiyah did i ever tell you how much i liked you and that your the best person in this world? I have countless times? great was wondering can you give me a short summary of the type of "witch craft" that is used in HP, need info for class...

Was it obvious to anyone else that Ron and Hermione liked each other??

Didnt really think it would happen till book 6 THBP

Back in BLACK

"Seraph" wrote:
Was it obvious to anyone else that Ron and Hermione liked each other??

Wasnt that like obvious from the 1st book? i didnt even have to watch the 1st part to know that (well actually i did watch the 1st part and thats the last time i watched any of it)

i dont think it was 'obvious', but definitely hinted at throughout the books, just got obvious in the HB prince tho.

i think Harry's sudden affection for Ginny was [img]

"angel" wrote:
Hey Aasiyah did i ever tell you how much i liked you and that your the best person in this world? I have countless times? great was wondering can you give me a short summary of the type of "witch craft" that is used in HP, need info for class...

lol, u serious? wot on earth r u studying?

"yuit" wrote:
I got a question to ask too all those Harry potter fans out there. What is so good about the book? Why is there a unhealthy interest from the older generation in a kids book? This whole situation has passed me by, because i can't understand how my stupid 6 year cousin loves Harry Potter and a perfectly intelligent person like Aasiyah does as well. :?:

lol ur chatting as tho its a disease! Blum 3

and u keep making out as tho i'm a crazy, fanatical fan, which is SO not the case, seriously. i am never excessive about anything, or atleast i try my best not to be. there are loadsa books i love, but as HP happens to b a [b]series[/b] of books tht i luv (one of which is stil to b released), theres more to chat about and thats y i created this thred.

firstly, hav u read any of the books? if not then wots the point in me answering ur question coz u probably stil wont get me.

but as always with good fiction, the short answer to ur question is: ESCAPISM.

"Aasiyah" wrote:
"angel" wrote:

Sociology of science and tech, the relevance i dont know! will find out on on friday....i am just gona search the net for it, this is what my lecturer posted on Blackboard:

[b]In preparation for next week's session on the origins of science in the 17th century, I'd like you all to have a look on the internet for information about non-scientific views of nature - particularly those associated with different magical traditions and paganism etc. What I'm looking for are things like details of rituals, spells etc and the way in which the natural world is depicted/described. We will then use these to draw out comparisons with scientific views of nature. NOTE: Do NOT give your contact details to anyone - I don't want anyone joining a coven![/b]

lol

"angel" wrote:
"Aasiyah" wrote:
"angel" wrote:

Sociology of science and tech, the relevance i dont know! will find out on on friday....i am just gona search the net for it, this is what my lecturer posted on Blackboard:

[b]In preparation for next week's session on the origins of science in the 17th century, I'd like you all to have a look on the internet for information about non-scientific views of nature - particularly those associated with different magical traditions and paganism etc. What I'm looking for are things like details of rituals, spells etc and the way in which the natural world is depicted/described. We will then use these to draw out comparisons with scientific views of nature. NOTE: Do NOT give your contact details to anyone - I don't want anyone joining a coven![/b]

lol

wel if it's 17th century then i dont see how HP cud help u to b honest. but i wil think about this and see if i come up with anything, nothing comes to mind at the mo.
seraph might b able to help....

This movie was awesome! Best one yet I think, no more childish antics!

I thought I was going to have to endure more quidditch but fortunately some rather mean fellows came along and disrupted that (providing a lovely new plot twist)

Ralph Feinnes was perfect for the role of Voldemort

"Aasiyah" wrote:
"angel" wrote:

lol

wel if it's 17th century then i dont see how HP cud help u to b honest. but i wil think about this and see if i come up with anything, nothing comes to mind at the mo.
seraph might b able to help....

eeerr thnx i guess....

As mere coincidence i do happen to know a little something about it: Pagans pretty much believe in the recognition of the divine in nature. They believe alot in the natural world or more specifically the 'ongoing cycle of life and death'. AKA most pagans are eco-friendly and thus wish to live in a way that has minimum harm to the natural environment.

Pagans worship the devine (nature) thru imagery of feminine and masculine Gods and Goddess whose annal cycle of procreation, birth and death deines the pagan year. I dont think they have a set defined doctrine but addapt a more 'if it doesnt harm anyone, do what yo want' type of approach. And in terms of rituals that they perform from what i can gather is simply a way to make contact with the devine in the world around them.

In terms of actual rituals performed in covens tends to be a little different from one coven to another. Some of the basic rituals that are performed in many covens are things like 'Casting the Circle', 'Calling the Quarters (guardians of the circle)', 'Invoking the Deity', 'Raising Energy' (used to invoke spells etc), Cast your spell, Thank the Deity, Release the Quarters and finally Release the Circle.

Hope that helps angel... dont ask how i know this.

Back in BLACK

"Seraph" wrote:

eeerr thnx i guess....

As mere coincidence i do happen to know a little something about it: Pagans pretty much believe in the recognition of the divine in nature. They believe alot in the natural world or more specifically the 'ongoing cycle of life and death'. AKA most pagans are eco-friendly and thus wish to live in a way that has minimum harm to the natural environment.

Pagans worship the devine (nature) thru imagery of feminine and masculine Gods and Goddess whose annal cycle of procreation, birth and death deines the pagan year. I dont think they have a set defined doctrine but addapt a more 'if it doesnt harm anyone, do what yo want' type of approach. And in terms of rituals that they perform from what i can gather is simply a way to make contact with the devine in the world around them.

In terms of actual rituals performed in covens tends to be a little different from one coven to another. Some of the basic rituals that are performed in many covens are things like 'Casting the Circle', 'Calling the Quarters (guardians of the circle)', 'Invoking the Deity', 'Raising Energy' (used to invoke spells etc), Cast your spell, Thank the Deity, Release the Quarters and finally Release the Circle.

Hope that helps angel... dont ask how i know this.

Thanks it did help at least i know what i am looking for now but see this below, what do these terms mean?

"Seraph" wrote:

'Casting the Circle', 'Calling the Quarters (guardians of the circle)', 'Invoking the Deity', 'Raising Energy' (used to invoke spells etc), Cast your spell, Thank the Deity, Release the Quarters and finally Release the Circle.

I know u asked not to ask how u knw this but do u have any links which would explain those terms?

Aasiyah we are gona discuss bout contemporary witchcraft not only of the 17th century...thanks guys.

Aasiyah!

That's Hegwig isn't it?

Its the same person Dave...

Aasiyah... has just gone a little batty

angel check your pm.

Back in BLACK

"Constantine" wrote:

I thought I was going to have to endure more quidditch but fortunately some rather mean fellows came along and disrupted that (providing a lovely new plot twist)

lol. Lol

but :shock: can this be? even Dave has watched the new HP movie before me?!?! how cud this happen? :evil:

Blum 3 i shud b going to watch it next weekend hopefully. c the problem is, my mate who i'm going with is really busy so i had to wait til a convenient time for her (coz going to the cinema on ur own is just sad).

"Constantine" wrote:
Aasiyah!

That's Hegwig isn't it?

lol. wosnt that hard to figure out wos it? but i changed bak day b4 yesterday i think. (i did say i'd change bak once i'd watched the movie, but everyone seemed to b getting confused as to who i was... :roll:) Lol

"Aasiyah" wrote:
"Constantine" wrote:

lol. Lol

but :shock: can this be? even Dave has watched the new HP movie before me?!?! how cud this happen? :evil:

Blum 3 i shud b going to watch it next weekend hopefully. c the problem is, my mate who i'm going with is really busy so i had to wait til a convenient time for her (coz going to the cinema on ur own is just sad).

lol, ive still not seen it.

totally blanking the subject with my nephew.

He must learn patience, and that he cant always get what he wants. Maybe when hes calmed down about it... and its the last week of it being on, i'll take him then.

Back in BLACK

"Aasiyah" wrote:
"Constantine" wrote:

lol. Lol

lol you forget Aasiyah! I've always been a Harry Potter fan!

"Seraph" wrote:
Aasiyah... has just gone a little batty

oy! :evil:

Pages