Shaykh Ibrahim Osi Efa: Modesty in Islam

Ocean wrote:
  • When Allah wants to destroy a nation, He takes away Haya/modest form the heart of that society! (< REALLY?)

• There's a hadith with similar wording. Can't seem to find it now though.

Ocean wrote:
    And my then my inetrenet was being POO so I couldn't finish it but I will! I promise!

That's what you get when you sign up with TalkTalk.

Thanks for the notes - I had only watched the first part.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Why would Allah swt want to destroy a nation?

s.b.f wrote:
    Why would Allah swt want to destroy a nation?

Because they aren't listening to him?

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Ocean wrote:
    I still don't get "What it means by We have to be modest with ourselves"...

i think it means not to be full of ourselves, above the rest of the world. i think.

thanks for the notes. only watched part one. but i LOVE the way he speaks :O its just flows so well!!

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

Everybody dies.

The only alternative to some sort of end to things is that life is eternal and everyone gets unlimited opportunities.

Besides there is hikmah to destruction too. It can also be for good.

A young person can die early in order to prevent a life of sin while a sinner may be given a long life in order to gain better opportunities to repent.

Every ending is a begining.

As an example one of the biggest recent calamities in the Muslim world was the destruction of the ottoman empire almost a century ago. However even in this there is goodness as previously unbreakable walls have been shattered and non Muslims in then opposing countries of the Ottoman empire can now see islam without the shackles of the old world.

In the end this may result in a greater number of people finding salvation that if the old world order had continued.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:
    Besides there is hikmah to destruction too. It can also be for good.

Yep.

The nations who were destroyed in the past have been mentioned throughout the Quran for a reason.

Ocean wrote:

Lilly wrote:

thanks for the notes. only watched part one. but i LOVE the way he speaks :O its just flows so well!!

There's more to it than just THAT!

i know..but its a good beginning. can you get any good out of someone you dont enjoy listening to?:P

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

Ocean wrote:

Is it unfair that people who were born in 18something (let's say) have two extra centuries years in grave compared to someone who dies today?

would you want to live for so long?

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Times and stuff in the grave/barzakh pass differently from here in our world.

I read it somewhere. No idea how different.