THE LETS TALK SHOW IS BACK!

Salaam

The Lets Talk show by The Revival team is back on Mashal Radio on 87.7 FM and

Tune in every night after Tarawih salah about 11.30pm

We will be discussing all the hot issues from Marriage to EDL, Sex Education in mosques to sexual abuse in Muslim community, Mosques and Imams to Gang culture... and more!

So tune in, phone in, text in and even take part as aa guest in the studio or on the phone.

For any queries or to get involved email:

or

wasalaam

Since tonight's show is about to be a q and a on Tamadan, I have a question you can put to the shaykh: Why is there such a big difference between times when suhoor ends? some have it ending around 3, others around quarter to 4.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:
Since tonight's show is about to be a q and a on Tamadan, I have a question you can put to the shaykh: Why is there such a big difference between times when suhoor ends? some have it ending around 3, others around quarter to 4.

ive got that on my list already Biggrin as loads of ppl are asking that

is phlegm covered under the same rules of saliva?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Can someone write up the answers of the above 2 Qs on here, please?

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

You wrote:

There is a difference of opinion as to when fajr starts (suhr ends). I just follow the mosques in my locality, who follow the latest time which is pleasing to my nafs.

i dont think anything forces you to stick to a mosque for suhoor time.
or you can just check outside yourself.
i believe that between the end of suhoor and the azzan of Farj, there should be enough time to recite 50 verses.

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

bro: Does a pregnant woman have to make up her fasts?
me: probably
bro: i didn't ask for a probably! you should know!
me: why?
bro: cuz you're always on that revival website
me: so! they're not sheikhs on there!
bro: so you should be clued up
me: well i havn't been pregnant yet so...
bro, im sure u havnt been a lot of things but you still know abiut stuff, honestly i do wonder about you sometimes; you show a glimpse of intelligence and then...

LOL

anyway so if theres a Q+A today my Q is - do pregnant women have to make up their fasts? and i'd really appreciate if somebody wrote the answer cuz im gna go to sleep asap after taraveeh otherwise i won't be able to get up for sehri :/

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

No, they don't (if they fear health repercussions for the baby or themselves, or its a new mother).

They will have to make them up at a later time I think.

can pregnant woman pay fydia?

I thought fidya was only for when you cannot (or dont expect to be able to) make it up, like ever?

disclaimer: I ain't no sheikh.

assalamu alaikum,

if a woman fears for her life or that of the baby then she does not have to keep ramadan fast. She does however have to make up those fasts, it's still compulsory on her, no fidya will compensate. That is what i have been told.

make du'a for me i'm due in few weeks, anytime between end of ramadan and Eid, insha'Allah.

Hope you're all well and making the most of ramadan!

“O my people! Truly, this life of the world is nothing but a (quick passing) enjoyment, and verily, the hereafter that is the home that will remain forever.” [Ghafir : 39]

that's great!! will think about you in my duahs, inshallah everything goes fine!

jazak'Allah sister!

“O my people! Truly, this life of the world is nothing but a (quick passing) enjoyment, and verily, the hereafter that is the home that will remain forever.” [Ghafir : 39]

Hajjar wrote:
if a woman fears for her life or that of the baby then she does not have to keep ramadan fast.

or the fear of illness or long term harm.

(I was reading about this today and in the explanation - it mentioned the verse about the sick and the travelers to explain that since it was only the seriously sick that that covered, this also was about a similar thing. It conveniently ignored the traveler in the same quote... that made little sense to me.)

Tomorrow, the topic is Zakah and should feature Shaykh Salim Ghisa.

Hajjar wrote:

make du'a for me i'm due in few weeks, anytime between end of ramadan and Eid, insha'Allah.

Aww Insha'Allah it'l all go well Smile and congrats in advance! have you thought of any names?

You wrote:
Tomorrow, the topic is Zakah and should feature Shaykh Salim Ghisa.

He has not been able to make it, so it is a show about converts, with a convert being used as a museum exhibit.

Tonight's show was on the prophet (saw).

WHile I did (try to) record it, I cannot seem to find the file where it has been saved, so if anyone has a copy of it, it would be much appreciated if you could upload it somewhere.

(ther eis no show the next two nights I think - next night will be wednesday.)

You wrote:
Tonight's show was on the prophet (saw).

WHile I did (try to) record it, I cannot seem to find the file where it has been saved, so if anyone has a copy of it, it would be much appreciated if you could upload it somewhere.

(ther eis no show the next two nights I think - next night will be wednesday.)

o i was listening to that one but lost my connection....was hoping it would be uploaded tho.

Is there any benefit to the uploads of the shows that I am doing? Does anyone listen to them?

If so, how is the sound quality? (I do compress the files also do some work to make the sonds far more even than the live show, so that overall it is a LOT more balanced and listenable, but this may be cancelled a little by the higher compression rates... what do people think?)

You wrote:
Is there any benefit to the uploads of the shows that I am doing? Does anyone listen to them?

I intend to listen to them. sometime. soon. i'A.

Let's Talk Show is about Zaka'ah today and SHaykh Salim Ghisa is in the studio.

do most ppl here stay awake after tarawih for sehri or go to sleep?

if u stay awake then does anyone tune in to the lets talk show by the revival?

any comments or feedback would be great

if u have missed any then u can listen to em all from the home page audio section

next few topics are:

marriage
sex education in mosques
Q & A session
idiots guide to quran

so tune in on 11.45 wed- till sunday

wasalaam

Can I come on the lets talk show?

My Credentials:
Scholar of nothing
Able to talk about nothing forever
Can depict/verbalise the great nothing to listeners
Have no dime bar

TheRevivalEditor wrote:

sex education in mosques

Interesting.

oh and i *intend* to listen to the recorded uploaded version of the shows, at some point so can't comment on it yet. Smile

YouShutup wrote:

My Credentials:
Scholar of nothing
Have no dime bar

LOL thats one show id listen to.

I tend to go to sleep after tarawee prayer.

Back in BLACK

YouShutup wrote:

My Credentials:
Scholar of nothing
Have no dime bar

Perfect! just gatecrash the show! You probably know where it is based... just make sure its not a q and a night.

Most days I go to sleep after taraweeh and some days I stay awake for sehri.

I have never tuned it, although I intend to for the marriage show Blum 3

you seem to ahve changed your tune on marriage this ramadan...

Listened to the 2 Q&A's - was really good and learnt some stuff. Shaykh Salim Ghisa rocks!

You wrote:
you seem to ahve changed your tune on marriage this ramadan...

I'm like the tide, I change all the time.

Pages