Police foil EDL terrorist plot to blow up mosque(?)

Seven arrested over Bournemouth mosque 'bomb plot'

Dorset Police opened fire to arrest one of seven people suspected of making threats to blow up a mosque.

Officers used a rapid tyre deflation round to stop a van in Corfe Castle in an investigation into the alleged threats to a Bournemouth mosque.

Six men and one woman were held in Dorset and Hampshire during the operation last week.

Read more @

They were members of the EDL.

now, has the EDL made its move from a far right organisation into an actual terrorist group?

Or was it an over reaction? all were released without charge and I can't help but remember a few high profile arrests of Muslims in the recent past that were greatly publicised as major breakthroughs in catching terrorists/foiling plots etc that were later found to be much a do about nothing.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

bad, bad EDL people. They need some time off in the naughty corner.

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

I'm more interested in the...

You wrote:

rapid tyre deflation round

Haven't seen them being used in any of the police programmes on TV.

They shot the tyres - you must have seen that in some cop show or other?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:
They shot the tyres - you must have seen that in some cop show or other?

I've seen spike strips being used but not the deflation rounds.

In the US, the police there actually sometimes use live rounds to deflate a tyre. That's pretty cool.

MuslimBro wrote:

In the US, the police there actually sometimes use live rounds to deflate a tyre. That's pretty cool.

you forgot to add the *eyes shining in awe*

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

The police let them go without charge! So I guess that means their intelligence got it wrong - again..

I have no doubt in my mind that a day will come when a group with a similar hate for Muslims as the EDL will cross the line and engage in violent terrorist activities (in fact if you count the odd petrol bomb, they already are). But I would doubt anyone serious enough to become a terrorist would march alongside the EDL as the police take their pictures for future intelligence..

But then again... I suppose when someone resorts to terrorism, they lack certain mental abilities. So maybe they would be thick enough to march :roll:

There have already been real plots. Its not "something for the future", but something that has happened already.

Many however were not charged or dealt with in the same way when Muslims committed similar offenses.

There was the guy from glasgow who threatened to behead a muslim a day. He was not convicted, instead sent to a phsyche ward. COntrast with the Muslim guy from the northeast who was unhinged and the community reported him to the police. Instead of being dealt with like other menally ill people, he was convicted of terrorism.

Go back a few more years and a member of the BNP had stockpiled the largest hoard of explosives founjd sicne WW2 and had plans and ideas to use them in a race war including steps to ignite it in the first place.

Instead of being charged with terrorism, he was charged with having explosives and got a 6 months holiday sentence.

There are already such people around and there have already been plots and minor attacks. They have just not been dealt with as seriously by the media as other stuff.