Punishment for not wearing hijab

48 posts / 0 new
Last post

"muslim_princess" wrote:
but these are the kind of girls that it is their nature to act like that..they ahve always been this way and they like it..do u no what i mean...they assume that because if their hijab no1 wants to even look at them..but they do..they get soomuch attention

Maybe its just natural for them to behave like that as they have always been like this which could mean they have actually become unaware that their behaviour is bringing attention and they assume their hijab is safe-guarding them maybe thats why like Aasiyah said, its best to educate them in a nice manner.

A woman must start wearing hijab if she is not and then automatically as her surrounding will treat her in a modest and respectable way she will surely attain inner hijab. :idea:

Fatima wrote:
"muslim_princess" wrote:
i couldnt agree more..i mean there are so mny girls that do so much stuff and so guys just assume that all hijabi are the same..am i rite?

IMO the actual act of wearing a hijab is not as important as the attitude that a girl adopts.

I know girls who dont wear the hijab, but they are modest, so the guys know that she isnt "that type of girl" so they dont bother her.

On the other hand you have some girls who are wearing hijab but they arent modest in the least.

So...its about having the right attitude

THANK YOU!

They are both important.

I don't think you would accept someone eating pork and saying "I am thinking halaal, and at the end of the day, that is the most important thing!"

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:
They are both important.

I don't think you would accept someone eating pork and saying "I am thinking halaal, and at the end of the day, that is the most important thing!"

*DUST* wrote:
"Saadia Khan" wrote:
however i dont think its fair to say that the actual wearing of the hijaab is not as important as the attitude it takes both.

i agree. inner hijab and outer hijab are 2 seperate things, yet connected. neither should be neglected.

+1

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

You wrote:
They are both important.

That makes absolutely no sense

Especially if you dont want it to.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Allah Ta’ala commands the wives of the prophet (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) in the noble Qur’aan, thus, ‘And stay within your homes.’ (Ahzaab). Allaamah Zaahid al-Kawthari mentions in his book, ‘Hijaab al-Mar-atul Muslimah’ this is an address to the wives of Nabi (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam), so the women besides them will be addressed to a greater extent.’ The reason being that Allah will not choose just any evil or bad women for the marriage of Nabi (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam). Allah will choose the best of women for this purpose. So, when this is the case that the most pure women of the Ummah are being addressed in this manner, then those women who are junior to them are addressed to a greater extent.

Today, the aspect of Hijaab is misunderstood greatly. The Niqaab is becoming a fashion, people haven’t understood the aspect of Hijaab. The actual object of Hijaab is concealment and to stay indoors. The object of Hijaab is not to just don the veil and parade the shopping malls and shows where there is intermingling of sexes. Wearing the veil is not a license for coming out of the house as it is misunderstood, but only under extreme necessity if a woman has to come out of her house, then she must don the Hijaab (veil) and under this context does this Aayat fit, i.e. O Nabi (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam)! Instruct your wives, your daughters an the believing women to draw over them their outer garment (veils).’ Otherwise, the law for a woman is she has to remain indoors as we have quoted the Aayat previously, ‘remain indoors’.

What we have understood, thus far, is that a woman must remain indoors at all times, and only due to extreme necessity she is allowed to come out of her house, donning the veil.

What is worse is that today the women adopt al-Tabarruj (i.e. exposure) when they come out. And majority of the time when they come out of their houses, it is without necessity. In doing so, they are going against the book of Allah in many ways, a) They are coming of their houses without necessity where as the Qur’aan commands them to remain indoors (as we have mentioned earlier), b) They are exposing their faces whereas the Qur’aan has commanded them to draw their veils (as mentioned earlier) and Allah Ta’ala and says in the Qur’aan, ‘and abstain from al-Tabarruj (exposure).

Imam Qurtubi (RA) mentions the meaning of al-Tabarruj after gathering all the views of the previous commentators of the Qur’aan. He says, in short, al-Tabarruj means a woman exposing her beauties to men. (Tafseer al-Qurtubi vol.14 pg.175; Cairo)

It is a well-known fact that from all the beauties of a woman, her face is the greatest. So, Allah is commanding her not to expose her face more seriously. So, if a woman does not don the veil when she comes out of the house (even when it is extremely necessary), she will be grossly disobeying the command of Allah Ta’ala and thereby earning the displeasure of Allah. What a greater can there be in disobeying the command of Allah that earning his displeasure! Earning the displeasure of Allah is worst thing a person can ever earn as this will lead to his destruction.

May Allah Ta’ala give us all the ability to understand the reality of Hijaab and observe it according to its requisites.

and Allah Ta'ala Knows Best

When a woman attains maturity no part of her body should remain uncovered except her face and the hand up to the wrist joint. (abu da'ud)

Im not sure about punishments in the hereafter but what i can say is that when I first started to wear hijab i found that everything else automatically adapted where it concerned actions, speech and interacting with people on a day to day basis.  I was given some sound advice which was seek knowledge and strengthen your Emaan, that way you can see the hijab as part of you and not just part of what you are wearing! Smile

Praise be to Allaah

First of all it is essential to know that Muslim men and Muslim women are obliged to follow the commands of Allaah and His Messenger, no matter how difficult that may be for people and without feeling shy of other people. The believer who is sincere in his faith is the one who is sincere in carrying out his duty towards his Lord and obeying His commands and avoiding that which He has forbidden. No believer, man or woman, has the right to hesitate or delay with regard to commands; rather he or she should hear and obey immediately, in accordance with words of Allaah (interpretation of the meaning): 

“It is not for a believer, man or woman, when Allaah and His Messenger have decreed a matter that they should have any option in their decision” [al-Ahzaab 33:36] 

This is the case with the believers who are praised by their Lord in the aayah (interpretation of the meaning): 

“The only saying of the faithful believers, when they are called to Allaah (His Words, the Qur’aan) and His Messenger, to judge between them, is that they say: “We hear and we obey.” And such are the successful (who will live forever in Paradise). 

And whosoever obeys Allaah and His Messenger , fears Allaah, and keeps his duty (to Him), such are the successful” [al-Noor 24:51-52] 

Moreover, the Muslim should not look at how small or great the sin is, rather he should look at the greatness and might of the One Whom he is disobeying, for He is the Most Great, the Most High; He is Mighty in strength and Severe in punishment, and His punishment is severe and painful and humiliating. If He exacts vengeance on those who disobey Him, then utter destruction will be their fate. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): 

“Such is the Seizure of your Lord when He seizes the (population of) towns while they are doing wrong. Verily, His Seizure is painful (and) severe. 

Indeed in that (there) is a sure lesson for those who fear the torment of the Hereafter. That is a Day whereon mankind will be gathered together, and that is a Day when all (the dwellers of the heavens and the earth) will be present” [Hood 11:102-103] 

A sin may appear insignificant in the eyes of a person when before Allaah it is serious, as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): 

“you counted it a little thing, while with Allaah it was very great” 

[al-Noor 24:15] 

This matter is as some of the scholars said: “Do not look at the smallness of the sin, rather look at the One Whom you are disobeying.” We have to obey Allaah and do as He commands. We must remember that He is watching in secret and in public, and avoid that which He has forbidden. 

With regard to belief, if a Muslim who prays commits some sins or bad deeds, he is still a Muslim so long as he does not commit any action which would put him beyond the pale of Islam or do any of the things which nullify Islam. This sinful Muslim will be subject to the will of Allaah in the Hereafter; if He wills He will punish him, and if He wills He will forgive him. If he enters Hell in the hereafter, he will not abide there forever. But no person can be certain as to his fate, as to whether the punishment will befall him or not, because this matter is known only to Allaah. 

Sins are divided into two categories, minor and major. Minor sins may be expiated for by prayer, fasting and righteous deeds. Major sins (which are those concerning which a specific warning has been narrated, or for which there is a specific hadd punishment in this world or torment in the Hereafter) cannot be expiated for by righteous deeds. Rather the one who commits such sins has to repent sincerely from them. Whoever repents, Allaah will accept his repentance. There are many kinds of major sins such as lying, zinaa, riba (usury/interest), stealing, not wearing hijaab at all, and so on. 

Based on the above, we cannot say for certain whether a woman who does not wear hijaab will enter Hell, but she deserves the punishment of Allaah because she has disobeyed His command to her. With regard to her specific fate, Allaah knows best what it will be. We cannot speak about things of which we have no knowledge, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): 

“And follow not (O man, i.e., say not, or do not, or witness not) that of which you have no knowledge. Verily, the hearing, and the sight, and the heart of each of those ones will be questioned (by Allaah)” [al-Israa’ 17:36] 

It is sufficient deterrent for the Muslim whose heart is aware to know that if he does a certain action he will be exposed to the punishment of his Lord, because His punishment is severe and painful, and His Fire is hot indeed. 

“The Fire of Allaah, kindled, 

Which leaps up over the hearts” [al-Humazah 104:6-7] 

On the other hand, for the woman who obeys her Lord’s commands – including observing complete hijaab – we hope that she will enter Paradise and attain the victory of salvation from the Fire and its torments. 

It is strange indeed that a woman whose character is good, and who prays and fasts and does not look at boys, and avoids gossip and backbiting, does not wear hijaab. If a person really achieves these righteous deeds, this is a strong indication that she loves goodness and hates evil. Let us not forget that prayer prevents immorality and evil, and that good deeds bring more of the same. Whoever fears Allaah concerning his nafs, Allaah will support him and help him against his nafs. It seems that there is much goodness in this Muslim woman, and she is close to the path of righteousness. So she should strive to wear hijaab as her Lord has commanded her. She should ignore the specious arguments and resist the pressures of her family. She should not listen to the words of those who criticize her, and she should ignore the specious arguments of those sinful women who want to make a display of themselves according to fashion, and she should resist the desires of her own self which may tempt her to show off her beauty and feel proud of it. She should adhere to that which will afford her protection and modesty, and rise above being a mere commodity to be enjoyed by every evil person who comes and goes. She should refuse to be a source of temptation to the slaves of Allaah. We appeal to her faith and her love for Allaah and His Messenger, and we urge her to observe the hijaab enjoined by Allaah and to obey the commands of Allaah (interpretation if the meanings): 

“and not to show off their adornment” [al-Noor 24:31] 

“and do not display yourselves like that of the times of ignorance, and perform As Salaah (Iqamat as Salaah), and give Zakaah and obey Allaah and His Messenger”[al-Ahzaab 33:33] 

And Allaah is the Source of strength and the Guide to the Straight Path. 

Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

I'm truly enjoying the design and layout of your blog. It's a very easy on the eyes which makes it much more pleasant for me to come here and visit more often. Did you hire out a designer to create your theme? Excellent work!

My sister is currently going through a dilemma. She has been wearing the hijab ever since I can remember. Although she is over 20 years old, she has a child like figure and so over the years when she has changed the way she has worn the hijab it has never come across as anything more than someone just changing the way they do something. I have seen girls changing from covering their necks to suddenly not covering their necks. It's their personal choice and they should do whatever they are comfortable and what they understand of it. I am not judging here. What I am trying to say is that, I do not believe my sister has any bad intentions of changing her style. Now recently I have noticed some weakening on her belief system. If she gets hot or has a headache she talks about taking the hijab off. Now....what I don't understand is, a few years ago, when summer was really summer and we used to go out a lot, she would wear about 5 layers of full arm covering sleeve tops before sticking a hoody on top or a dress. The change now is that she wears less clothing, she might not cover her arms up either probably. I'm not particularly worried as I trust her. But her personality hasn't changed. Her attitude towards people are still kind and thoughtful. But should I be worried? I do notice sometimes that she's either down or staring into space. Can't tell whether its all related or not. But anyone out there who is a girl who understands or can relate to this matter?

well, faith goes up and down. good actions bring it up, bad actions bring it down. its a fact that faith has levels.

maybe she's going through a "down" phase. maybe try and help her come back up. reading quran, sitting and thinking abt Allah, asking for forgiveness (astaghfirullah), giving charity etc...

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

I personally, would not be worried. The five layers might have been proving too much, as far as I know in the summer it's recommended to just wear lighter clothing.

But I don't think it's anything to worry about.

“Before death takes away what you are given, give away whatever there is to give.”

Mawlana Jalal ud Din Rumi

I personally, would not be worried. The five layers might have been proving too much, as far as I know in the summer it's recommended to just wear lighter clothing.

But I don't think it's anything to worry about.

“Before death takes away what you are given, give away whatever there is to give.”

Mawlana Jalal ud Din Rumi

Hey! I could have sworn I've been to this web site before but after checking out several pages realized I had never been here before. I added it to my bookmarks and have shared it with a couple of friends. Thanks for the great information! Time to get back on the Beach, thanks!

Pages