The Argument from Design: A Video Introduction by Hamza Andreas Tzortzis

A video introduction on the argument from design for the existence of God. Hamza Andreas Tzortzis argues that God makes sense of the fine-tuning of the universe to permit life. The premises of the argument are:

1. The fine-tuning of the universe to permit life is due to physical necessity, chance, or design.
2. It is not due to physical necessity or chance.
3. Therefore, it is due to design.

Please watch to see how Hamza expands on the premises using philosophical, scientific and rational arguments.

">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAoD2qjATBk]

(Taken from )

Weak argument that does not hold... the possibility exists that it happened by chance which he has not eliminated.

Different people will be affected more by different things.

For some, the questioning of the chance will be far more effective than other things.

You do not need to eliminate all other possibilities entirely. Just show how crazy they are in order to make sure that people actually question them instead of taking them as the default answer without questioning how unlikely such things are.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

How often have crazy possibilities come true!

People thought the earth was the centre of the universe and it was crazy to consider otherwise...
People thought democracy was a crazy system for someone to follow...
People thought lack of activity led to obesity. Recent research shows it to be the other way round...
People thought it was crazy that newton´s laws did not operate in the universe until relativity and quantum mechanics showed otherwise...
People thought it crazy to give votes to women until the twentieth century...

The list goes on...one has to eliminate possibilities not leave them open. If possibilities exist, the matter is one of doubt and not certainty...

They also thought chopping off the head would kill an individual.

Oh wait, I think I played this game wrong...

The thing about faith is, even when it is absolute, it is about more than mere fact as if God wanted, he could have revealed Himself to us all, leaving not even a shadow of a doubt. He (swt) did not.

I can rememeber being told as a kid a story of a person who was well versed in the arguments on the existence of God - on his deathbed, he was confronted with the devil who asked him for his arguments. The devil, being the devil, was able to twist things etc in order to refute the arguments and eventually none remained.

At the end, the person had to say "I believe in God even without any evidence" and that is what saved him.

Now, that may just be a story, but it has a message.

Besides, your arguments that you showed in that other topic were weak, where you were not even willing to specify your own position on some matters.

You believe your arguments (well, hopefully you do - too many peoplke have not come to me saying they do not think that you are real or honest etc) and they are convincing for you. That may not be the case for other people, they will require different arguments etc to convince them.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:
The thing about faith is, even when it is absolute, it is about more than mere fact as if God wanted, he could have revealed Himself to us all, leaving not even a shadow of a doubt. He (swt) did not.

As if people have any experience to know God when they "see" him!

You wrote:
I can rememeber being told as a kid a story of a person who was well versed in the arguments on the existence of God - on his deathbed, he was confronted with the devil who asked him for his arguments. The devil, being the devil, was able to twist things etc in order to refute the arguments and eventually none remained.

At the end, the person had to say "I believe in God even without any evidence" and that is what saved him.

Not sure where you found the story but it sounds like nonsense. It has no substance whatsoever.

You wrote:
Besides, your arguments that you showed in that other topic were weak, where you were not even willing to specify your own position on some matters.

Meaningless!

God can arrange it that there is no doubt. He (swt) is afterall all powerful.

Even when it comes to religion, there is a verse in the qur'an that if God had so willed, everyone would have been of the same faith.

What you are questioning here is not me, but the ability of God, so please be careful with your polemic approach.

You wrote:

God can arrange it that there is no doubt. He (swt) is afterall all powerful.

Even when it comes to religion, there is a verse in the qur'an that if God had so willed, everyone would have been of the same faith.

What you are questioning here is not me, but the ability of God, so please be careful with your polemic approach.

What a joke of an answer! You don't even understand my point!

For someone to know that it is God (however he chose to reveal himself!) they would need previous information to make that conclusion - otherwise how would they know it was God?

And given they cannot have any previous information on what God looks like, they could not make such a conclusion if God "showed" himself!

Understand before you reply - as most of your replies to date show you not to even understand the issue you comment on! That is why you have to resort to gutter like comments and abuse which reflect your true personality behind the thin veneer of Islam - like your other buddies who have shown their realities! LOL

You see we have this thing given to us called fitrah that we can use.

EDIT - deleted a lot of offtopic posts below this that edited a few others to remove an oftopic argument

You wrote:
You seem we have this thing given to us called fitrah that we can use.

LOL So instincts and organic needs can recognise a god when they see one? No wonder hundreds of millions of hindus think they see god in their temples - when most of us see stones!