Who else is Graduating this year? (InshaAllah!)

The title kinda says it all.

I'm going to graduate this year (InshaAllah) - BA English with Creative Writing, is anyone else Graduating and what in?
Oh and you might as well throw in what your hoping to do afterwards too!

Tags: 

Sounds like an exciting degree.

Did you enjoy it?

What have you got out of it?

What's your future career? What are you hoping for?

Can we seen examples of things that you have written?

Yes I loved it! (Essays and all!)

What I got out of it: Well I learnt LOADS, surprisingly my degree had bits of everything mixed in - Psychology, Sociology, History, Media (just to name a few!) I think I was able to broaden my 'skill' (so called) and gain a qualification while doing something I enjoy (writing).

Future Career: At the moment I'm going to keep writing privately until I find something solid to work on. I haven't really got a career path sorted because I'm hoping to study some more.

Examples: Do you mean stories?

What are you doing at the moment?

Jihad of the Nafs (The Struggle of the Soul)

Truth's_Razors wrote:
Yes I loved it! (Essays and all!)

Biggrin

Truth's_Razors wrote:

What I got out of it: Well I think I learnt LOADS, surprisingly my degree had bits of everything mixed in - Psychology, Sociology, History, Media (just to name a few!) I think I was able to broaden my 'skill' (so called) and gain a qualification while doing something I enjoy (writing).

Glad to hear it.

Truth's_Razors wrote:

Future Career: At the moment I'm going to keep writing privately until I find something solid to work on. I haven't really got a career path sorted because I'm hoping to study some more.

Writing Privately?

What are you hoping to study?

Will you be publishing fiction?

Where did you study?

Truth's_Razors wrote:

Examples: Do you mean stories?

Anything that you think is worth reading. Anything you read over and over again and think, I like this. Up to you.

Truth's_Razors wrote:

About to shower and then sleep.

Truth's_Razors wrote:

About to shower and then sleep. [/quote]

Ha Funny (seriously!)

I actuallyyy meant academically!

Writing privately- as in just to get my thoughts on to paper, writing for myself to read myself (depending on what it is)

I hope to publish fiction in the future InshaAllah, perhaps children's books - we'll see, maybe I'll find the time to write a novella!

MA International Criminology - hopefully should be working somewhere in the CJS. Ideally punishing criminals.

MuslimBro wrote:
MA International Criminology - hopefully should be working somewhere in the CJS. Ideally punishing criminals.

Delayed i know but International Criminology! Veryyy interesting! Where do/did you study?

MuslimBro needs to become the world's first consulting detective.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

My first guess was a not so magical Hogwarts but that was pushed aside by 'Somewhere in the travels of Robert Langdon in The Da Vinci Code'

Aw.. i graduated this year.. it was my final year

Graduation day is a lovely day to look forward to.

I make dua that all of you graduate successfully and are content with the outcome (classification) of your degree. Ameen.

I finish end of September so graduate next year.

Parents want me to take a picture with the silly costume. I'm thinking of a plan on how to avoid it...

Ocean wrote:
Why would you want to avoid it?

1. Generally don't like being in pictures.
2. Parents may try and put the picture up in the house.
3. Costume just looks silly.

Ocean wrote:
What did you do for your first degree?

Undergraduate and Postgraduate are both Criminology.

Ocean wrote:
So what colour stripe will you be wearing?

I don't know if this answers your question.

"Holders of the Master of Arts...wear a traditional black gown with long hanging sleeves. The hood is in blue damask lined with university scarlet woven silk. The cape is edged with plain scarlet silk and the hat is a black cloth mortar board."

Silk...

and Monk??? NO WAY! we're talking Sherlock Holmes here! Biggrin

edit: i shouldnt be here, im not graduating, but hey ho! I just discovered i qualify as "youth" Biggrin and...im looking forward to posting on this topic. (if i go uni...)

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

@Ocean - is the whole garment silk or just part of it?

Lilly wrote:
(if i go uni...)

You could always not go uni and get married to your cousin. And stay at home all day... do the housework... look after the kids.... :twisted:

I could just become a housewife.

But not guetting married to the cousin.
ana la ajwazu ibn khalatee.

And stay at home all day... do the housework... look after the kids....

you forgot. GET JANNAH. Blum 3

dont go near Silk! or you wont get to wear it in Jannah. Who doesnt want to wear silk in jannah?

Lilly wrote:
dont go near Silk! or you wont get to wear it in Jannah. Who doesnt want to wear silk in jannah?

Let me ask you a question - can men wear a garment which is partly silk (silk is the minority)

no idea. no sheika, (not yet)
But if i was a dude, then i would just stay away from it, or anything that resembles it.

did you like my arabic? Blum 3

Are men allowed to touch silk?

Lilly wrote:

Not really. I haven't heard you properly.

Lilly wrote:

Ofourse. They can touch it, caress it, fondle it. Anyway..

Garments made purely of silk for men is haram. But for garments which are combined with silk, men can wear it as long as silk is the minority material.

MuslimBro wrote:
Lilly wrote:

Not really. I haven't heard you properly.

(this makes me want to retype it in capital but i wont, instead i'll just say something, but i dont know what yet) What sort of reply is that anyway?

there was this grammar question i was going to ask you about...i forgot...

Lilly wrote:
MuslimBro wrote:

Ofourse. They can touch it, caress it, fondle it. Anyway..

Garments made purely of silk for men is haram. But for garments which are combined with silk, men can wear it as long as silk is the minority material.

RATED PG! you really need to get yourself a wife! (what makes it worse is that i WAS thinking about the wife's silky PJ's)
So you asked me just to be mean...

I give up with the quoting thing...

Lol Lilly - you weird minded chick!

how am I weird?!
Its him! If i was to tell you how i came about to the wife/husband PJ thing...well...you'd think i was even weirder (considering that you think me weird because of the PJ talk)

Ok maybe i should edit it slightly, i think what you said sounded weird NOT that i think that you're weird (and i'm pretty sure i never called you weird per se!) so you can tell me your train of thought, i'm sure it's interesting! Smile

you're fully entitled to think im weird, I dont mind, Im a right freak... It's just that i cant seem to be able to think/act like the majority...

COSBY SHOW! this episode where his wife was wearing silky PJ's and he was wearing good ol' not-silky-i'm-guessing-cotton PJ's.

not much of a brainstorm eh? Blum 3

Lol i think i can justtt about follow!

heard of cosby show?

Of course, don't watch it much though!

me neither...LOL
just that episode. i think it was father's day or something. one of the most hilarious one!

Lilly wrote:
RATED PG! you really need to get yourself a wife! (what makes it worse is that i WAS thinking about the wife's silky PJ's)

You dirty girl, what you thinking about. You're the one who needs to get married!

Lilly wrote:
So you asked me just to be mean...

Did I hurt your feelings...?

Pages