Finding a marriage partner...

204 posts / 0 new
Last post

Lilly wrote:
that raises another one of my questions.

Us, the new generation, do we systematically rule out cousins and family relation from our marriage list because this is the thing our parents did/its uncool/or whatever else??

erm i've never ever thought of it like that!!

and i would say no.

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Since its not fardh to, there is no harm in not forcing yourself to live by old paradigms.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

TheRevivalEditor wrote:

well if u marry and live in your own home- not ur in laws- then ur ok; that way if u dont get on, u tolerate but still show respect
reality is majority of ppl dont get on with in laws , and its mostly wife not liking mother in law....

yep its more of a problem for girls.

My mum says when you get married your mother-in-law IS your mother and so should be treated so.

I would like to listen to my mum and treat my mother-in-law like my mum too but i can't do that if i don't like her and don't get along with her or vise versa.It would be really hard if you were living in the parents house which is very likely in an Asian family.

and having problems from the beginning of the marriage is really not a good start!

it doesn't matter so much about sister/brother-in-laws as they probably wouldn't be living with you.

I probably wouldn't marry into a family with a bad reputation though.

You wrote:
Since its not fardh to, there is no harm in not forcing yourself to live by old paradigms.

ofcourse

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Ocean wrote:
Funzo wrote:
i feel going up to random people at bus stops is getting me there! eventually someone will say yes!

Law of Average: The more people you speak to the more "No"s you get and the more "no"s you get, the closer you get to a "YES!"

Lol LOVE IT!

FINALLY someone gets it!

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

Lilly wrote:
@ Funzo. Tell me what i should say because i dont know Blum 3

Just smile and nod smile and nod Smile

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

Funzo wrote:
Lilly wrote:
@ Funzo. Tell me what i should say because i dont know Blum 3

Just smile and nod smile and nod Smile

:O there really is gna be a revival wedding aaww congrats fanarmi & Lilly Blum 3

@ Lilly i told u, u should have just ignored him Blum 3

TheRevivalEditor wrote:
I've always talked about setting up a revival matrimonial service.... and soon I'm thinking of setting up a matrimonial databse.... only because so many ppl out there cant find a compatible muslim marriage partner!

The database must be big enough in order for it to be effective in finding matches.

One strategy is to make it mandatory for all revival forum members to sign up... except for me ofcourse Smile

What are you trying to say? that you're already taken? Where's the cake?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Why are you so scared? they won't bite you... unless you ask nicely.

MuslimBro wrote:

One strategy is to make it mandatory for all revival forum members to sign up... except for me ofcourse Smile

HAHA, in ur dreams, if i was forced to do that, i would so give fake details Blum 3 not that u could possible be forced to do anything over the net...

what about a revival wedding

a push and a plod here...and we can get You and Anon married off... they get on like a house on fire.... Smile a couple arguing alot is good practise for marriage lol

what do you say.....

No chance.

You wrote:
No chance.

Why are you so scared? they won't bite you... unless you ask nicely. :twisted:

you've been saving that one haven't you? Did it sting when I used it?

So whats your story then? why are you so eager to find out if she is taken? its ok, I wont stand in your way.

Just turning it all back on you Biggrin

MuslimBro and Anon1 sitting in a tree... with Anon1 arguing how the tree represents secularists kuffar values and stating that in an Islamic state the tree would somehow be different, but better.

You wrote:
MuslimBro and Anon1 sitting in a tree... with Anon1 arguing how the tree represents secularists kuffar values and stating that in an Islamic state the tree would somehow be different, but better.

Yes an Islamic tree analogy would produce fruit whilst a kufar tree would produce thorns - but then you would be there telling everybody both are the same and the Prophet(saw) ate thorns in a hadith you had to fabricate cos you saw many kuffar eating thorns and had to join them!

Oh God. After a few days (?) without internet this REALLY cheered me up.
GO REVIVAL!

And yeah, You and Anon. thee best couple

@Funzo *nods and smiles, nods and smiles*

and if you make it compulsory to sign up to the matriomonial site then what about the poor little 12 years old??

@ BLUE. Pff we're gonna have a double wedding, have you already forgotten your promised? our one and only holiday man? Suhail.

edit: wait WHAT AM I SAYING!!!?? I always thought Funzo and Sully went well together, what with their deep biological talks...

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

Anonymous1 wrote:
You wrote:

Yes an Islamic tree analogy would produce fruit whilst a kufar tree would produce thorns - but then you would be there telling everybody both are the same and the Prophet(saw) ate thorns in a hadith you had to fabricate cos you saw many kuffar eating thorns and had to join them!

Have you heard the hadith about eating something from (AFAIK) Uhud, even if it be thorns?

EDIT - I could analyse your post further - and I had, but I have not deleted it as its just going round in circles of hatred.

Lilly wrote:

And yeah, You and Anon. thee best couple

+1 awww this is so cute and Mr Ed's plan is working without him having to do any hard work!
Lills wrote:

@Funzo *nods and smiles, nods and smiles*

and if you make it compulsory to sign up to the matriomonial site then what about the poor little 12 years old??

@ BLUE. Pff we're gonna have a double wedding, have you already forgotten your promised? our one and only holiday man? Suhail.

Aww congratulations u guys - now that you've ACCEPTED.
Neither I, nor Suhail said anything about getting married unlike you two!!
Lol the 12 year olds probably come on here like once and never come back.

Lills wrote:

edit: wait WHAT AM I SAYING!!!?? I always thought Funzo and Sully went well together, what with their deep biological talks...

Nahh opposites attract Wink and anyway its all settled now I-m so happy lol

Im already married do you people pay no attention to my FB?? Jheez!

Anonymous1 wrote:
You wrote:

If you want to talk crap go elsewhere please

Funzo wrote:

Your FB is full of liars Blum 3

Don't break Lilly's heart!! Sad

(:

ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:
Funzo wrote:

Your FB is full of liars Blum 3

Don't break Lilly's heart!! Sad

(:

Lillys a big girl now she can handle it! liars?? whoo are they then?

Funzo wrote:

congrats!

Aren't you supposed to recruit her to The Revival?

You wrote:
Funzo wrote:

congrats!

who said its a her??

Funzo wrote:
You wrote:
Funzo wrote:

congrats!

who said its a her??

Funzo, go and get married already. You seem to be pretty open about all this Wink

And then invite all the revival crew to the wedding.

And the wedding location should take place somewhere where everyone can get to - places like Bedford don't count. Apologies. Blum 3

i agree with Sully. Find somewhere between manchester and London!

and yep, im fine, even though, YOU were the one bringing talk of wedding on Funzo.... and FB? whats your name there?

@ BLue: dont try it! bringing me down with you! you wanna get married before college eh? even though its going to be a long distance thing because holiday boy wants to spend Eid in Pakistan, or maybe you could join him? Werent you missing Pakistan? the ice cold chocolate thing?

ohh well, being a bachelorette never harmed any. Im quite happy Biggrin <-- see?

i say, we need more twelve years old. So that i can feel old and that all those marriage talk will stop (inshaAllah)

wait, how come its the YOUNGEST who are guetting married??? You? NOor? Sully???????

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

Pages