WHATS YA BACKGROUND & IS SHEESHA ALLOWED?

178 posts / 0 new
Last post

Just a qsn about sheesha, i was under the impression that the smokers put tobacco in it

Am i right in this assumption :?

If so then wudnt the same rules regarding smoking cigarettes apply.

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:

btw....i saw a Important member of revival team there not so long ago :twisted:

ASTAGFIRULLAH

does he preach "do as I say-Not do as I do"

nope, like many, i dont think he thinks its haraam

nor do i

maybe not reccomended as cigs and hukkah's (dependin what ya believe here folks)......so techincally, u aint sinning if u havin a lil chill now n then

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

"Fatima" wrote:
Just a qsn about sheesha, i was under the impression that the smokers put tobacco in it

i heard that too

thats why I think that if i dont smoke fags why should I try sheesha

whats the diff?

you cant get addicted to sheesha

and unlike fags, it dont smell or taste nasty

its fruit flavoured stuff

no nictine factor

and no cravings

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"Fatima" wrote:

i heard that too

thats why I think that if i dont smoke fags why should I try sheesha

whats the diff?

Taste. But don't break a rule for it (alcohol can also be nice. I'm not passing fatwas).

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:
you cant get addicted to sheesha

and unlike fags, it dont smell or taste nasty

its fruit flavoured stuff

no nictine factor

and no cravings

No nicotine? Rubbish, and it is more-ish. If it was as convenient as cigarettes it would be more addictive, not less, with all that sugar.

dont go jus coz i said you can by the way lol

sometimes its better if you avoid it, i dont like the stuff going on around

but i dont pay attention, and i know the 'chill' i have there means nothing to me....most of the time i only go coz mates start crying if i dont go

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:

no nictine factor

i heard that there is a small amount of nicotine present

u can reserch it on the internet

"100" wrote:
No nicotine? Rubbish, and it is more-ish. If it was as convenient as cigarettes it would be more addictive, not less, with all that sugar.

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
i heard that there is a small amount of nicotine present

im even more confused :?
But doesnt really matter, not that im ever gonna try it

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:
dont go jus coz i said you can by the way lol

sometimes its better if you avoid it, i dont like the stuff going on around

but i dont pay attention, and i know the 'chill' i have there means nothing to me....[b]most of the time i only go coz mates start crying if i dont go[/b]

Thats a good joke

People, hayder lives in sheesha, watch him edit my post now[/b]

_____________- -SupeRazor- -_______________

Some ppl make their goals the stars.
They may live n die n never reach the stars,
but in the darkness of the night, those stars will guide them to their destination.
Becuz they made them in their eyesight

Salam

"Med" wrote:
Imam Shafi'ee alayhi rahmah would stand in respect for even the immature boys of Syed household, it is only in one thing the Syeds are more virtuous, viz lineage. A person may be superior to Syed in regards to knowledge, taqwa, wealth, manners, beauty etc.

All that is true.

I get up for them too.

It is forbidden to give them charity. We can only give them gifts.

Omrow

"razor" wrote:

People, hayder lives in sheesha, watch him edit my post now

How can he edit it?

Unless...

"Enver" wrote:
"razor" wrote:

People, hayder lives in sheesha, watch him edit my post now

How can he edit it?

Unless...

Cuz he cries to admin, who edits em

but in the darkness of the night, those stars will guide them to their destination.

ha ha :roll:

and who jus rang to beg me to come sheesha again?

wait, who introduced me to that sheesha cafe?

:roll:

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

salaam

no cravings oops

not that i actually have cravings but i do feel for it sumtimes.

and before every1 starts thinking ohmg i dont go chill out in the sheesha cafe its more at home havin a laff and joke with old folks who start on the poetry even when the name sheesha is mentioned lol i cant say i dont enjoy it thou!!

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:
ha ha :roll:

and who jus rang to beg me to come sheesha again?

wait, who introduced me to that sheesha cafe?

:roll:

I merely invited u. BIG DIFFERENCE.

and it was u who introduced me to the drugs and the clubbing if i remember,

took me ages gettin offa ma addictions thankls to u Lol

"Fatima" wrote:

Hayder you never told me it had tobacco in it and you spent the best part of 40 minutes assuring me it was halaal.

Btw my mum and sis each have a sheesha in their bedrooms and we have one in the living room and in the hallway and bathroom too. (no joke we do, seriously.)

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

so...when i invite you, why dont u come? Smile

and its not haraam as far as i know

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

punjabi meaming of sheesha

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

we've been thru this topic of sheesha a mill. times already - i'm sure there's a thred somewhere...

100 wot type do u smoke? ur calling it 'hookah' so i assume its the indian version? coz i know the (arabian) 'sheesha' material i have does not contain nicotine and is nowhere near as bad as cigarettes.

Dawud, i dont know of any scholars who hav labelled sheesha 'haraam', altho i hav herd it labelled 'makrooh'. the sheeshas provided in most of these 'cafes' contain fruit molasses which make up 99%, and this is the 'flavouring' tht u smoke. the remaining 1% is tobacco used to [b]preserve[/b] the molasses.

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

Hedwig, 1%? No way. At least a quarter, sometimes as much as 60%. I always just refer to smoking narghila but as that is what I call the tobacco, I thought I would use the word hookah which everyone knows. It's tobacco, and the molasses sweeten and preserve the tobacco. I would say trust me, and do, but I've a feeling you're gonna cling to this one. I've never been to India, and all my narghila comes from Arab countries. The filtration may remove some nicotine.

[url= Narghile[/url]

[url= and Health Issues
[img]

"100" wrote:
Hedwig, 1%? No way. At least a quarter, sometimes as much as 60%. I always just refer to smoking narghila but as that is what I call the tobacco, I thought I would use the word hookah which everyone knows. It's tobacco, and the molasses sweeten and preserve the tobacco. I would say trust me, and do, but I've a feeling you're gonna cling to this one. I've never been to India, and all my narghila comes from Arab countries. The filtration may remove some nicotine.[/url]

according to tht link, i should b a 'hookah chain smoker' by now. :roll: the reason i thought u smoked the indian version is coz most arabs call it 'sheesha' whereas indians call it 'hookah'. so basically ur saying the opposite to wot i sed - that the molasses are there to preserve the tobacco? in tht case there must b much more tobacco than molasses... in which case u cud probably get addicted.

as u gesd tho, i maintain tht the sheesha i use is majority molasses and extremely little tobacco, hence the strong 'taste' of fruit, and no addiction. i dont do it often anyway, just on random occasions, now and then. its always a social thing, one has to b sad to sit and smoke sheesha on their own!

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

I was just disputing your claim about the tobacco content and it not being addictive. If you know tobacco, which I'm sorry to say I do, you will recognise all the big lumps of tobacco, smothered in molasses, which is the gooey stuff. If there wasn't a significant amount of tobacco it wouldn't burn right and you'd be smoking coal. Come to think of it coal can't be too healthy either.

"100" wrote:
I was just disputing your claim about the tobacco content and it not being addictive. If you know tobacco, which I'm sorry to say I do, you will recognise all the big lumps of tobacco, smothered in molasses, which is the gooey stuff. If there wasn't a significant amount of tobacco it wouldn't burn right and you'd be smoking coal. Come to think of it coal can't be too healthy either.

one of the potential health risks of sheesha tht i'd mentioned on a previous sheesha discussion was Carbon monoxide poisoning - if ur smoking for aaages, then u might feel dizzy afterwards, thts coz of the CO. but the reason this doesnt make sheesha 'forbidden' or 'haraam' is coz its a reversible effect.

[url= applies to Carbon Monoxide in the system, not to the effects. In fact smokers have a significantly reduced tolerance of Carbon Monoxide in the environment and CO poisoning is a common cause of death. How do you reverse that? btw I have already stated I have no issues with the odd sheesha, but to argue to non-smokers, from hearsay or make-believe, that it carries no health risks is unwise.

"100" wrote:
[url= applies to Carbon Monoxide in the system, not to the effects. In fact smokers have a significantly reduced tolerance of Carbon Monoxide in the environment and CO poisoning is a common cause of death. How do you reverse that? btw I have already stated I have no issues with the odd sheesha, but to argue to non-smokers, from hearsay or make-believe, that it carries no health risks is unwise.
that is if u smoke on a regular basis. personally i dont use it on a regular basis, therefore the sheesha does not pose any health risks to me. if someone is wierd enuf to carry a sheesha around with them or something, thats another story... Wink

Pages