WHATS YA BACKGROUND & IS SHEESHA ALLOWED?

178 posts / 0 new
Last post

lol unfortunate i'm not spanish - it's a line from "La Bamba"

It means I am not a sailor, I am a Captain![/i]

"Constantine" wrote:
lol unfortunate i'm not spanish - it's a line from "La Bamba"

It means I am not a sailor, I am a Captain![/i]

I got the captain bit but thats all, neway i best go to sleep now. wish me luck on the rest of the essay! Tc Hasta la vista capitan Blum 3

lol good luck with the essay g'night!

"angel" wrote:
"Aasiyah" wrote:

Sunni Muslim, British/American, Indian/Yemeni

wow thats cool, Muslim British, American, Indian and a Yemeni!

lol, alhumdulillah! Smile

Quote:
What Does this lot mean - Ahlus Sunnah wal Jama'ah, Hanafi, Sabri, Warsi, Minhajian

good question. the first part just relates to one being a Sunni, the 'hanafi' part relates to School of Thought (there are 4), then after that i've got no idea. so u'd hav to ask hayder!

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

Smile

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

"Constantine" wrote:
You do follow American affairs closely... very closely.

In fact so closely I occasionally look up at the sky and wonder "is Irfghan in a space station watching me through a giant microscope"

But that would be silly!!

hahahaha

heh heh...

right?

- I think I asked you this once before but have you ever thought about moving here? or at least just coming over to chill for a while?

There are lots of interesting things you definitely couldn't experience via internet reports.

Like Yellowstone park - definitely see that before it explodes taking Montana with it.

I just watch the [url= Show[/url] on the net regularly. Dirol

And I did American History in college (last two years of 'high school').

I would love to travel across America. How much do you think it would cost? And how long should I do it for?

If I lived there I'd be travelling all over the place.

avoid south carolina

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

Don't wanna bump into Dave. :roll:

[color=blue][b]Assalamu alaikum wr wb!

Sorry! me gettin slower nowdayz the rest of the work is over taking... Lol

Anyway..

Im a Muslim, Ahlus Sunnah wal Jama'ah, Minhajian, European

I hpe dats enuf..

Fi Iman Allah[/b][/color]

"Duniya toh badalti rehti hai...Ey mere Quaid tuh kabhi Na badal janaa"

Someone affiliated with Minhaj ul Quran.

"irfghan" wrote:
Someone affiliated with Minhaj ul Quran.

[color=blue][b]Yep! that is rite Biggrin

Jazak'Allah khair bro![/b][/color]

"Duniya toh badalti rehti hai...Ey mere Quaid tuh kabhi Na badal janaa"

"irfghan" wrote:

I just watch the [url= Show[/url] on the net regularly. Dirol

And I did American History in college (last two years of 'high school').

I would love to travel across America. How much do you think it would cost? And how long should I do it for?

If I lived there I'd be travelling all over the place.

lol isn't the Daily Show coming to the UK pretty soon?

Did you see the one a while ago where Rob Corddry gets distracted by a giant ball of tinfoil on the whitehouse front lawn? lol i've been saying 'shiiiny' for weeks now.

Traveling the US and seeing "everything" is nearly impossible since we are essentially a continent - I guess it depends on what you want to see.

If natural stuff is your thing the Atlantic seaboard is gorgeous, especially Marthas Vineyard, and Much of Mass. all the way up through Maine. The Carolinas and Florida are tropically gorgeous - especially Hilton Head Island, Nags Head Island and Charleston.

Texas is absolutely a world apart - especially along the border, its amazing how fast Texas goes from forests to deserts.

The west is by far the most interesting - especially Montana and the Dakotas then down through Arizona and NM, from the badlands to Yellowstone and Glacier park, there is some absolutely amazing stuff out there, sometimes a forest is a forest but this is absolutely next level stuff.

Further out toward California is a whole different experience - that's zorro country, there are lots of interesting villas and vineyards out there that are really fetching - the Redwood forest makes absolutely no sense, trees that large throw you off (they filmed the endor speeder chase scene in the RF). Up into washington and further up into Alaska is even more amazing - lower alaska and washington rain - a lot, and are basically a collosal forested mountain.

And crowing the country is the hinterlands of northern alaska - Point Barrow and the like which are totally constructed out of ice, its absolutely gorgeous and literally nobody lives there.

Now if cultures and people are your thing - any big city is the place to go, New York, DC, Boston, Philly, Miami, (up until recently) New Orleans, Dallas/Forth Worth, San Antonio, LA, San Fransisco will all be awesome places. Indian reservations out west (except Nevada) are amazing - you gotta meet some native americans, especially the shoshone.

On top of all that there are about a thousand and fifty cultural landmarks and such worth checking out.

It's a big place.

I couldn't begin to estimate how much it would cost to see the entire thing - maybe 4/5 thousand depending on how many major cities you go to. If you are planning on moving here to live, then travel it's probably a little less expensive since you could drive rather than fly everywhere, maybe 2 or 3 thousand.

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:
avoid south carolina

HEY!

Okay... maybe stay away from the sticks - unusual people out there.

Charleston and Hilton Head are awesome.

...you might get a little frustrated with the people though, things move a little... slowly amongst the majority of people here and they can test your nerves.

I've seriously had to debate fast food drive through people on my order:

"Hi there! I'd like a number 5"
"Okay... So ya'll want 5 a what?"
"No sorry maam, I meant I wanted a number 5 value meal"
"well then why didn't yall say so - what kinda value meal do you want then"
"...the one on number 5..."
"Yall said that already, dont need to repeatin ya self"
"LOOK JUST GIVE ME THE DAMN VALUE MEAL"
"Now you listen here, I am a [i]per[/i]son and yall better start treatin me with some respect or i'm just not gonna listen to you"

Out around Sans souci where I live we really don't run into that much... kinda grates your nerves after a while.

Ashley river is gorgeous - you gotta see it.

"irfghan" wrote:
America is a world in itself isn't it?

Before I get any ideas I better read that Bill Bryson book. Lol.

Yeh, Daily Show is here. But you can only get it if you have a Sky Digital subscription package or a Freeview box (that requiers some ultra-powerful ariel where I live). :evil:
So it's still web clips for me.

lol @ [url=

lol yea... it really is... I think that seriously has a lot to do with why we are self centered.

Don't really understand how lucky we are too - not having to pay for the Daily Show.

Thanks for the link! I was afraid they wouldn't rerun that one for a while!

"Constantine" wrote:
"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:
avoid south carolina

HEY!

Okay... maybe stay away from the sticks - unusual people out there.

Charleston and Hilton Head are awesome.

Should I visit Savannah? Wink

"irfghan" wrote:
Should I visit Savannah? Wink

If you like colonial history definitely - and it's real close to Hilton Head Island so you could make a trip of em.

Savannah isn't like Charleston or Atlanta though. I've always been embarassed of the track record the South has with racism - unfortunately parts of Savannah you will definitely run into some slimy individuals. They are mostly off the tourist track though since the touristy stuff is a big cultural attraction and is where all the more international enlightened elite hang out, as well as cultural figures from throughout the south.

Ran into bb king there once!

I don't like the touristy stuff anyway.

Always better to go places which are off the tourist track.

EG I ventured into Fatih in Istanbul just because the guide book told me tourists don't go there.

"irfghan" wrote:
I don't like the touristy stuff anyway.

Always better to go places which are off the tourist track.

EG I ventured into Fatih in Istanbul just because the guide book told me tourists don't go there.

lol yea that's a good way to travel... it's good to check up on where the locals like to go.

Dis goes out to the pakistani peepz jus wonderin wats a mirpuri n is dat a language as well sori if i sound rude dont mean to be jus wonderin dats all.

Learn To Love The People Who Are Willing To Love You At Present. Forget The People In The Past & Thank Them For Hurting You, Which Lead You To Love The People You Have Right Now..

yeh MP is a language some might say a dialect.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

oi med don't diss bengalis just coz they can cook fish llool. My brothers mates diss us coz we eat fish. But they're always asking for an invite to try it! But maybe ud be surprised to know we eat meat too not just fish. Where ever did this idea come that all bengalis just eat fish?

BTW bengali fish is tops, better than any other varieties..not that i'm being bias or anything lool. Eelisha is very popular bootiful but one problem lots of bones, eat at your own peril. Bengalis just spit the bones out..don't ask it's not something i do, i'm far to well mannered for that hahah.

Depends. Some bengalis eat more veg and have meat as a treat. Some eat more meat and have fish rarely. Others just eat fish all the bloody time. Personally I like a bit of variety. I can't start a meal with a fish curry and end it with a fish curry, too much for me.

But damn can bengalis cook Biggrin fish or meat they're a dab hand in da kitchen, and my mother taught me well alhamdulilah lol

P.S isn't mirpur also a city in kashmir?

"yashmaki" wrote:
oi med don't diss bengalis just coz they can cook fish llool. My brothers mates diss us coz we eat fish. But they're always asking for an invite to try it! But maybe ud be surprised to know we eat meat too not just fish. Where ever did this idea come that all bengalis just eat fish?

BTW bengali fish is tops, better than any other varieties..not that i'm being bias or anything lool. Eelisha is very popular bootiful but one problem lots of bones, eat at your own peril. Bengalis just spit the bones out..don't ask it's not something i do, i'm far to well mannered for that hahah.

Depends. Some bengalis eat more veg and have meat as a treat. Some eat more meat and have fish rarely. Others just eat fish all the bloody time. Personally I like a bit of variety. I can't start a meal with a fish curry and end it with a fish curry, too much for me.

But damn can bengalis cook Biggrin fish or meat they're a dab hand in da kitchen, and my mother taught me well alhamdulilah lol

P.S isn't mirpur also a city in kashmir?

lol, bengalis and fish. I mention a small line on it, and our bengali brethren start getting over excited and produce an essay on the subject.

MashaALLAH, lol.

I joke around with my best mate ALL the time cos he is a bengali, u shud see him, wenever we go out to eat ALWAYS FISH. masalah fish, or salmon fried, or tuna sandwich, or cod, or roe. and on and on.

Lol, on eid we went to a chip shop and they had some salmon curry or summat and my mate was getting so excited, he didnt even realise how much he was talking abt it, and how excietd he sounded. Poor geeza, only realised how over board he went, wen he finally looked at the pakis and saw us all cracking up at him.

But seriously, fish is a good meat. Mrs likes fish salan, personally hardly ever have it, our main meat is chicken.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

our main meat is chicken too but lately fish mother in law doesn't eat much else. I'm forcing her out of that though not a good habit. Should be used to eating all sorts of dishes. she hate veg so i make veg curries and fries no meat some days. She's got to get used to it. There may come a day when meat is not readily available or we're in some hardship then how will she cope.

Anyways meat all the time isn't good, it's too extravagant.

Actually i love tuna sandwiches come to think of it lool. Sometimes smoked salmon sandwiches with soft cheese yum!

Some english fish work well in indian curries. Trout /mackeral for example gota be realy careful though that fish is real delicate breaks up easy.

You have to try maas chatney. Fish baaji fry. I love that. The simple foods always turn out the best. Mackeral or herring fish mixed with onion, spices then pan fried til it's slightly crispy that's tops lol, served wid rice. Taste best with this bengali leaves though...they're hard to get uff.

Erm think im talkin about fish too much i'll be quite now hahaah.

"yashmaki" wrote:
our main meat is chicken too but lately fish mother in law doesn't eat much else. I'm forcing her out of that though not a good habit. Should be used to eating all sorts of dishes. she hate veg so i make veg curries and fries no meat some days. She's got to get used to it. There may come a day when meat is not readily available or we're in some hardship then how will she cope.

Anyways meat all the time isn't good, it's too extravagant.

Actually i love tuna sandwiches come to think of it lool. Sometimes smoked salmon sandwiches with soft cheese yum!

Some english fish work well in indian curries. Trout /mackeral for example gota be realy careful though that fish is real delicate breaks up easy.

You have to try maas chatney. Fish baaji fry. I love that. The simple foods always turn out the best. Mackeral or herring fish mixed with onion, spices then pan fried til it's slightly crispy that's tops lol, served wid rice. Taste best with this bengali leaves though...they're hard to get uff.

[b]Erm think im talkin about fish too much i'll be quite now hahaah[/b].

LOL. Obviously Muhtarama is very happy when discussing fish, please dont let us stop u.

[size=9](Whispers)
These bengali bapus are crazy abt fish, the stereotypes are true
hahahahaha[/size]

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

Heres another one to add to the long list of MP's on this forum :roll: Wink lol

Im a Muslimah, Ahlus Sunnah wal Jama'ah, Hanafi, Pakistani, Kashmiri, Mirpuri, British Born Manchester lady Smile

I received nothing I wanted
I received everything I needed.
My Prayer has been answered.

"f020855" wrote:
Dis goes out to the pakistani peepz jus wonderin wats a mirpuri n is dat a language as well sori if i sound rude dont mean to be jus wonderin dats all.

Its people who are from Mirpur which is in Kashmir, yes mirpuri is a language associated with people who stay in most areas of Kashmir ( i think)

Being curious aint offensive.

"angel" wrote:

yes mirpuri is a language associated with people [b]who stay in most areas of Kashmir[/b] ( i think)

Being curious aint offensive.

the bold text is entirely true. In Kashmir there are two ''ethnic'' groups, broadly speaking. One group is very similar to the punjabis who live in northern punjab bordering kashmir, they share potohari culture and are bascially one. Just have variation.

The second group in kashmir, who live further into kashmir, are ethnically different. Their language is different and their ethnicity is other.

Both groups are kashmiri.
and yes being curious isnt offensive.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

Pages