The BIGGEST Islamic event EVER!!!

Assalamu-Alaikum! Just wondering if anyone is going to the GLOBAL PEACE AND UNITY CONFERENCE. Its the biggest Islamic event going and loadsa people like Zain Bhikka, Dawud Whansby Ali and other guests speakers from around the world are gona be present In London, even the lady from pakistan sorry dont know her name. If your over the age of 6 then the ticket price is £12. Hope everyone can take this event as an advantage to form a strong Islamic brotherhood and sisterhood regardless of their backgrounds because these days muslims fight due to stupid reasons like oh they're pakistani so i hate them or they're bengali so i don't want nothin to do with him or her. Come on wake up people we are all equal in the eyes of ALLAH SWT and the only thing that can differentiate between us is our deeds so let us be on the same boat and stay as a big Muslim Ummah so that whatever our enemies strike us with they can never break down our Ummah as long as we stick together. I hope INSHA-ALLAH that everyone can make it and learn something new from it to help us lead better lives. WASSALAAM.

I been too most of the big conference of late, i thik i would probably give this one the miss, this time. But apart from Zakir Naik, there not much of a speaker line up, though the nasheed is abit better. Anyway the link is below

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

"yuit" wrote:
I been too most of the big conference of late, i thik i would probably give this one the miss, this time. But apart from Zakir Naik, there not much of a speaker line up, though the nasheed is abit better. Anyway the link is below

ive gone off zakir naik....big hoohaa over nothing.
any have info on ahmad bukhtar?
then we have dr israr and qazi ahmad of jamaat islami...good urdu speakers but not great in english
azam tamimi..ok but not scholar
imran khan...????

im surprised no big english speaking scholar is attending....
but i will be there inshallah...with teh revival stall...handing out the next issue of the mag Biggrin

Yuit please dont take this the wrong way but jus because you mite of disliked one of the other conferences or mite not of enjoyed it much dont mean that all of them are going to be the same are they. I think you should go and check it out and then see if this one is unique or not? Please dont take this the wrong way as i said before ok i know its your choice but i'm jus sayin orite.

Learn To Love The People Who Are Willing To Love You At Present. Forget The People In The Past & Thank Them For Hurting You, Which Lead You To Love The People You Have Right Now..

Hameed Gul usually makes sense.

He'll be a good speaker.

Of course I won't. I not jumping too no conclusion, I been to the last 3 big conference and too be honest it hard to take anything in, because they have loads of speaker and they all have a certain subject for 30-40 minutes and it impossible to take everything in. Too be honest i think it best to have a whole load of nasheed artist come on and have one or two big speakers. That way it easy for the audience. Too be honest if Shaam are added to the list I probably would come. But I agree it brillant seeing 1000's of people, hopefully 15,000 on this occasion coming for the same purpose and that islam.

On ed point I agree it is a poor line up of speakers for such a big event. On Zakir Naik I see alot of people have a love hate relationship with him, they all love him and sang his praise till they find out his views on following a school of thought and now they hate him Lol . But I believe that Zakir Naik has a certain charisma that not many people have and I personally love him, though i don't agree with everything he may say he a top speaker and I would love to hear him speak again.

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

why dont you try contacting the Islam channel and request for Shaam to be present and see what happens

Learn To Love The People Who Are Willing To Love You At Present. Forget The People In The Past & Thank Them For Hurting You, Which Lead You To Love The People You Have Right Now..

i dont blame Yuit, the Unity confrence in Manchester was a loada cobblers

but the only reason im tempted to go to this one is coz of the nasheed artists

theres a really strong line up, but i somehow doubt they will all be there and we get more than one or 2 nasheeds from them

if only shaam were there! sami wont come, he does solo now - too big time for every1 else Biggrin

im not awed by the speakers, i hope they dont take up the whole day

Ed....u sure u'll hav the magazine out by that date....its a lil less than a month Smile

nontheless, i shall be there inshallah - edinburgh plans collapsed for 2day, and i want to go to a nasheed concert!

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

i kinder shy away from big events, and anything in london stinks simply because it's too far for me lol.

I've noticed the best conferences Ive been to are the ones which are small and not so commercial. I'm willing to pay for tickets, I know costs need to be met, but everything seems about money these days. Ppl even exploit religion to cash in. There was a time when religious knowledge was parted freely, and ppl would travel miles just to hear one hadith. Now you have to travel over a hundred miles then pay 20 quid or more for a series of lectures, that are diluted versions of the past. Yes I'm soo negative lol

I'm not dissing this conference just letting off steam. If you can go, go.

Please let me know what you pick up, so I can learn something from you Take notes!

I agree with Yashmaki, event have come big business. I remember the last big conference I went too and the line up was incredible, it had nearly all the scholar that i wanted to hear, i sent the organiser loads of email to make sure that they were coming and i got a guarantee and i ended up buying 20 so call premium seats which also meant i got a 3 course meal. But on the day nearly all the scholar that i thought were coming never did and we had some of teh worse seat in the house. Alhumduillah still took what i could from the event, but i learnt a important lesson. None of these big event go too plan, they all mess up at some stage as Hayder said.

I agree that the best event are the small more intimate one, which are normally held in the mosque as well. Where you can speak and ask question to the scholar afterwards. These big event are just too busy.

[url=http//

very true

you get more from a small talk in a local centre or mosque, than these big events

as i said, nasheeds are all im going for

or to help with the revival....if im needed!!

(ed, thats a plea - can i come with you? Smile )

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

WHAT?!

fireworks display?! :shock:

i thawt that was haraam, or at least, to be avoided....

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"yuit" wrote:
But I believe that Zakir Naik has a certain charisma that not many people have and I personally love him, though i don't agree with everything he may say he a top speaker and I would love to hear him speak again.

i love dr zakir naiks talks MASHALLAH he is a top speaker imo)...i just love the way he quotes the surahs and then the verses when proving a point etc.. like yuit says he has a certain charisma ...i know a few people hes inspired thru his talks , hes also influenced me on certain issues.

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:
WHAT?!

fireworks display?! :shock:

i thawt that was haraam, or at least, to be avoided....

huh why is it haram?

well not haraam probably

but ive always been told its waste of money and we shouldnt really do it

never done fireworks in ma life :?

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

yeh I shud be going

only cos its local, mates are going and cos good nasheed groups are playing

heh, i thought this was gonna be about hajj!

Now I'll read the topic...

Unity conference: A charade for the media. A back slapping exercise.

People discussing topics that are either not relevant, or not their expertise...

Scholars getting the basic DEFINITION of unity wrong...

All IMO.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

u remember the last one Admin? Lol

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:
u remember the last one Admin? Lol

Yup...

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Omrow" wrote:
Are the Corrs coming ?

for shame Omrow, for shame...

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

"naj" wrote:
"yuit" wrote:
But I believe that Zakir Naik has a certain charisma that not many people have and I personally love him, though i don't agree with everything he may say he a top speaker and I would love to hear him speak again.

i love dr zakir naiks talks MASHALLAH he is a top speaker imo)...i just love the way he quotes the surahs and then the verses when proving a point etc.. like yuit says he has a certain charisma ...i know a few people hes inspired thru his talks , hes also influenced me on certain issues.

you do?!

I dont listen to Zakir Naik at all, personal reasons.

But abt these conferences. I only attend conferences that are held in masajid or madaris, period. I went once to some conference of some people in Aston in Bham YEARS AGO.

Alhamdulillah, ALLAH has guided me away from it. For me the masjid conferences are full of light and guidance alhamdulillah. I aint telling any1 not to go, its none of my business what ppl do in their free time, im just commenting on my own experience and feeling.

The way I see it religious knowledge that I have benefitted from has been in the House of ALLAH, with no money, no food, no show, no funfare involved. Simplicity. Sitting on the floor, in a circle around the Mawlana, hearing the words of ALLAH and His Rasul salallahu alayhi wa sallam, with no women in view, with humility and respect has been most beneficial.

But can I ask a qsn?

The aston conference that I went to had women and men in the same hall with no barrier. The men could see them and they could see the men. and also there was free mixing at the food and book stalls.
Are these conferences you advertise such that men and women can view each other, do they sit in one hall, do they mix at the stalls.

NOTE: I am NOT making this a debate. I am asking if the conference is like this, if u think there is nothing wrong with that then your welcome to your opinion. I am asking for information.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

Might be comin to that just depends cuz i already got a programme which i am attending next week in rochdale.

There was a mens section, a womens section, and a family section in Manchester... not that you could tell.

Paki organising is the best in the world... totally diabolical!

I know a few brothers put in alot of hard work, but you gotta correct the system first! That would also make you work smarter...

I visited a Cultural Islamic Fair in the Rex Centre in Coventry road last week. It was mixed....they didnt have seperate stalls for brothers and sisters.

But it wasnt any more or less "mixed" then the bus I sat on to get there or the road that I walked down to get in.

Most people were their with their family's. I didnt witness any dodgy free mixing...

I'll see if I can get my mates to come down with me to this one...

I doubt you can hae segragated stalls...

The rules of the street apply there IMO.

That people should not ostruct, and lower their gaze...

The Mawlid at Wembley was mixed gathering, they mess that up quite bad, the women only section had about 200 niqabi there and 3 of my mates got seat right in teh middle of that section.

But saying that, you find at these event that there still ain't no real intermixing. Because nearly everyone that come, come for the purpose of learning about the deen. As Admin said, majority of people will lower their gaze and as Muslim Sis said you probably ran into more trouble at a bus stop. Everyone is in their own world, no one comes with the intention of pulling, well I hope they don't. I normally love the atmosphere that goes with these big event, just don't enjoy the hassle.

On the event, i will decide at the last minute whether i will go, unlike all the other events, there is no real desire too go, so might give it a miss.

[url=http//

did anyone go to the celebrate eid concerts around U.K. then? i went to the one in London. alhumdulillah it was ok, only complaints i have is tht in some acts the music was so loud it was drowning out the lyrics (dunno if they do that on purpose :wink:) and it was a little too 'mixed' for my liking - after uv inadvertently bumped into like, the third brother ('sorry sister!'), it gets kinda embarassing. :oops:

Azhar Usman was hilarious! Smile

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

Sad

i had to cancel my trip

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

I've heard a quite a few of Zakir Naiks lectures, but I can't say he draws me in. There's certain things he has said which strike me as strange and actually very insulting towards those who follow madhabs.

Debaters often forget they need to remain humble under pressure, and often resort to mocking or humiliating their opponents. I hate that, what good is that for dawah.

I avoid listening to him.

im goooooooooooooooooooing!!!

just booked tickets for me and mum and we are excited!!

(we dont get out much)

Pages