Hair...Hair...Hair

I was wondering whether anyone knows of any Muslim hairdressers in London, particularly SW London. I cant find any anywhere

thanks, Salaam

Soz dnt know any in SW london BUT u could try Green Street which has beauty by neelams or yasmins.

' Nay, verily! With me is my Lord, He will guide me ' {2662}

"melody" wrote:
I was wondering whether anyone knows of any Muslim hairdressers in London, particularly SW London. I cant find any anywhere

thanks, Salaam

eeerrmmm heres a stupid question that im gonna ask anyway...

Q.why do they need to be muslim?

Aslong as she a girl... coz im guess your a girl... and togeather your two girls doing each others hair...into platts no doubt.

Back in BLACK

Amaani Hair & Beauty 12 Montfort Place, Wimbledon, London, SW19
020 8788 7726

Farah's 119a The Broadway, London, W13
020 8567 2292

Hidden Beauty - Hair for Hijaab (Home visits, based East London)
07947 734 919

Karimas 10 Cornford Grove, London, SW12
020 8673 4419

Maybe melody is the PR girl for one of these places.

"melody" wrote:

thanks, Salaam

Most beauty parlours in East London are stictly "women only".

There are many decent ones in Ilford Lane and Green Street....the ones in Green Street are the ones you may have seen advertised in "Asian Woman" mag.

I'm sure South London (Southall) has many too.

In SW there are few women's only hairdressers and are really spaced out...

"Seraph" wrote:

Aslong as she a girl... coz im guess your a girl... and togeather your two girls doing each others hair...into platts no doubt.

Maybe coz according to Hanafi fiqh, the awrah of a muslim woman in front of non-muslim women is the same as that in front of non-mahrem men. i.e. they have to cover everything except their hands, face, and feet.

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

I think there’s a difference of opinion on that….

Some Hanafi scholars have also said that a Muslim woman may uncover in front of non-Muslim women to the extent of what she is allowed to uncover in front of Mahram men.

Well you lucky so n' sos in London. Although most salons are used by women over here, their men folk tend to tag along like spare luggage. If it's not that then there are always male hairdressers within view. It's never been a problem coz I don't do much with my hair, I'm happy with how it is. But for my wedding it was a headache. I managed to find a salon that had a VIP room. So i had the privacy i needed, and they treated me amazingly Biggrin

"yashmaki" wrote:
But for my wedding it was a headache. I managed to find a salon that had a VIP room. So i had the privacy i needed, and they treated me amazingly Biggrin

lol, good for u! Biggrin

btw, i remember u saying u were having problems with family over the wedding being segregated, and that ud keep ur niqab on if it wasnt - wot happened in the end? hope u dont mind me asking... Wink

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

I am thinkin of getin highlights/streaks put into my hair, my hair are dark brown, what colour highlights should i get done?

Salam

Those who cut hair.

"Seraph" wrote:
heres a stupid question that im gonna ask anyway...

Like us, being at a place not too different, it seems that it is a delicate cut for them too.

Omrow

"angel" wrote:
I am thinkin of getin highlights/streaks put into my hair, my hair are dark brown, what colour highlights should i get done?

Magenta.

"angel" wrote:

light and dark brown

NOT blond

i want to get mine done that colour too but sumtimes i think that no one is gonna see it so why body damaging my hair for nothing

may do it for eid

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"angel" wrote:

light and dark brown

NOT blond

i want to get mine done that colour too but sumtimes i think that no one is gonna see it so why body damaging my hair for nothing

may do it for eid

I knw when u wear the hijab you think wahts the point but i wana do it for myself, need a change, probs get layers and like you said light/dark highlights defnitley not blonde!

Btw what do u think of dark maroon/browny colour highlights?

Assalamu Alaikum,

Well Asiyah it turned out to be fully segregated in the hall. So I had to take it off for half an hour, let the guests who travelled out far see my face, it's a "must" apparently :roll: But in my house and his house it was mixed I didn't take it off there. Alhamdulilah went pretty well considering what my ppl are like Biggrin

"yashmaki" wrote:
Assalamu Alaikum,

Well Asiyah it turned out to be fully segregated in the hall. So I had to take it off for half an hour, let the guests who travelled out far see my face, it's a "must" apparently :roll: But in my house and his house it was mixed I didn't take it off there. Alhamdulilah went pretty well considering what my ppl are like Biggrin

aww, lol. alhumdulillah. Biggrin

angel, get 'copper' coloured highlights, they look good on my friend. but she's white so dunno if it'd suit asians? should do tho coz her hair's dark brown too. make sure u get a good quality dye, dont want to damage ur hair all for a new look! good luck. Smile

"Aasiyah" wrote:

angel, get 'copper' coloured highlights, they look good on my friend. but she's white so dunno if it'd suit asians? should do tho coz her hair's dark brown too. make sure u get a good quality dye, dont want to damage ur hair all for a new look! good luck. Smile

Well i aint gona get a dye from the shops actually thinkin of getin it done from the hairdressers, yeh copper sounds good....but i am scared incase they ruin my hair so i am still searching what hairdressers to go for..

"Constantine" wrote:
lol women... hair...

HAH.

oy, wots tht meant to mean? :evil:

[size=9]*mutters* sexist, misogynist....[/size]

Blum 3 nah but u do sound like omrow up there!

lol at least it wasn't "bastardo egotista!"

Whats with women and hair - it's like your universal language!

"Constantine" wrote:
lol at least it wasn't "bastardo egotista!"

Whats with women and hair - it's like your universal language!

And we dont even show our hair off cuz we wear hijab lol

Hey havin hair on your head is nice and there's no harm in makin it look good, you just remember that when you hit your old age and have hair loss!

lol so like you said... why bother making it look nice when you wear a hijab anyway?

"Constantine" wrote:
lol so like you said... why bother making it look nice when you wear a hijab anyway?

Cuz when i am at home i dont wear my hijab (you dont have to in front of your dad/bro's etc anyone that you cannot marry according to Shariah)

So i want my hair to look pretty for me :oops: plus feel like treatin myself Blum 3

"angel" wrote:
"Constantine" wrote:

Cuz when i am at home i dont wear my hijab (you dont have to in front of your dad/bro's etc anyone that you cannot marry according to Shariah)

So i want my hair to look pretty for me :oops: plus feel like treatin myself Blum 3

lol okay then.

fear not dave, its jus one of them many mysteries about women!

ever heard such rubbish...........'for myself'.....wats that supposed 2 mean?! :roll:

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

oh do shurrup boys! :roll:

r u trying to tel me that u never dress smart or make an effort on such things 'for urself'. maybe Dave'd do it for Annette, but hayduh? wot stops u from going out looking like a tramp?

btw i know a guy who puts effort into his hair! he has his own straightener!! Lol

hahahah. My bro bought me a hair straightener for my wedding.Silly boy maybe he hasn't noticed in the 24 years I've been living with him that my hair is straight as anything lool. Anyways I straigtened my hubbys beard with it the other day, trust me it looks darn nice an neat, and longer!. Like an oriental sages beard lol. He's gone vain now, he's real careful when changing into clothes in case it goes out of place. What have I started here :roll:

I'm not sure about hair dyes. They can look pretty if done professionally, but yes the texture of your hair will alter. Inevitably it will become dry, and can go dull. That's why ppl with coloured hair need to use more conditioners and products to maintain the look. If that doesn't bother you go for it.

I might do it when I'm old and grey, if I reach that age. But if my hair goes white then I'm leaving it I think it looks nice like that lol.

You noticed old english ladies often get their hair done, just to make themselves feel better I suppose. Sweet. Big curls with pink, purple tints. Makes me think they're hardcore rockers at heart lol.

I'm doing my mother in laws hair, get some jumbo curlers in there add some volume, give her a treat. I trimmed off the stragly bits the other day and blow dried it for her, bit of volume. Makes a change to the oiled back hair. What's with asian women always apply excessive amounts of oil, middle part it, and they think that's gorgeous :roll: I only took off 2 inches to make it straight she screamed at me look all my hair, it's all gone lool.

"yashmaki" wrote:
hahahah. My bro bought me a hair straightener for my wedding.Silly boy maybe he hasn't noticed in the 24 years I've been living with him that my hair is straight as anything lool. Anyways I straigtened my hubbys beard with it the other day, trust me it looks darn nice an neat, and longer!. Like an oriental sages beard lol. He's gone vain now, he's real careful when changing into clothes in case it goes out of place. What have I started here :roll:

lol once my bro went to this asian hair dresser and the guy straightend his beard (even tho he didnt want tht done)! he looked SO funny, lol. i dunno, personally i think its wierd for guys to get stuff like that done to their hair - beard hair especially! natural look is much better! Wink

Quote:
I'm doing my mother in laws hair, get some jumbo curlers in there add some volume, give her a treat. I trimmed off the stragly bits the other day and blow dried it for her, bit of volume. Makes a change to the oiled back hair. What's with asian women always apply excessive amounts of oil, middle part it, and they think that's gorgeous :roll: I only took off 2 inches to make it straight she screamed at me look all my hair, it's all gone lool.

aww, thts so sweet! Smile

"Aasiyah" wrote:

r u trying to tel me that u never dress smart or make an effort on such things 'for urself'. maybe Dave'd do it for Annette, but hayduh? wot stops u from going out looking like a tramp?

btw i know a guy who puts effort into his hair! he has his own straightener!! Lol

well me..........i have a reputation and an image to maintain Smile

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

"Aasiyah" wrote:

lol she actually takes me shopping for clothes - when left to my own devices I resort to khakis and a leather jacket.

I think I took Indiana Jones too seriously as a kid...