Iranian cleric blames quakes on promiscuous women

Promiscuous women are responsible for earthquakes, a senior Iranian cleric has said.

Hojatoleslam Kazem Sedighi told worshippers in Tehran last Friday that they had to stick to strict codes of modesty to protect themselves.

"Many women who do not dress modestly lead young men astray and spread adultery in society which increases earthquakes," he said.

Tens of thousands of people have died in Iran earthquakes in the last decade.

Mr Sedighi was delivering a sermon on the need for a "general repentance" by Iranians.

"What can we do to avoid being buried under the rubble? There is no other solution but to take refuge in religion and to adapt our lives to Islam's moral codes," he said.

Read more @

Tags: 

THATS RIDICULOUS!

what does he think, that these women (if they were promiscuous) are performing a one man act? as talented as women are of course, its a bit far fetched. and as for leading men astray, are they mindless, defenseless sheep that get lured by these 'women' into dark corners? i hate it when people portray women as folk that will just jump on any guy just for the sake of it as soon as you turn a blind eye! i mean please,we do have our dignity! and i have yet to meet a guy that brings out my inner wolf,so to speak.lets face it, with the guys around these days, its unlikely to happen anyways...

I think its quite a power to make the ... wait let me rephrase that.

Having a super power of causing earthquakes is nothing to be knocked.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

The majority of Muslims believe (1) women should cover themselves, not go around outside the home by themselves, not have sex outside marriage and (2) that Allah can and does create earthquakes.

If you are a believer, how can you scoff if one of your religious elders/leaders quite reasonably (within the religious mindset described above) links the two?

Again we come back to this puzzlement I have over how moderation can be coherently drawn from Islam. (PS. I'll respond to other threads I've been in later, v.busy atm.)

Anyway, I've read the Muslim forums: everyone knows earthquakes are caused by Allah if Christians die, and by a US space-satelite-laser-weapon if Muslims die.

It is simple - Islam is a logical religion and he needs to provide a religious basis for his argument, quote from the qur'an and hadith. One that makes sense. Besides, you rarely (or never) hear a Muslim scholar make such an argument.

Anyway, I've read the Muslim forums: everyone knows earthquakes are caused by Allah if Christians die, and by a US space-satelite-laser-weapon if Muslims die.

and now I will have to ask you for links becaue I have not even heard the loony fringe say that.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

I dont think ladies in ICELAND wear thin clothes.

So why would God heat them up?

Omrow wrote:
I dont think ladies in ICELAND wear thin clothes.

So why would God heat them up?

LOL!!!!!!!

Jeez
I swear
people will blame ANYTHGING on women

it takes TWO to have sex
I agree with the above comment (cant remember who mentionmed it) were ALL the men so mindless that they got tricked and drugged into bed????

:

Ibn Abi Dunya reported that Anas Bin Malik said;

' I went with another man to meet Ayesha (R.A) and he asked her,
' O Mother of the Believers, tell us about the earthquake?'

She said,
' When they authorise fornication,the drinking of wine, the use of musical instruments,
Allah commands the earth;

'Tremble with them so that they might give up and repent. Otherwise, He would destroy it upon them. '

The man asked, ' O Mother of the believers, is it a punishment for them?'

She replied, ' Rather it is some reminder and mercy for the believers, but a punishment and curse for the disbelievers. '

(Tirmidhi)
==============
if there's no drinking problems and no musical instrument problems, it must be fornication that's the problem. and as men have uncontrollable lust which falls upon your muslimahs to rectify through veils and movement restrictions, it is quite logical to move to a position that it is women that cause earthquakes.

No - men and women are responsible for their own actions. Original sin is a concept alien to Islam.

While, yes, contolling your desires is a lot harder when there is not a legitimate pathway available (and many detractors seem to ignore this fact) people are still responsible for their own reactions.

You seem to consider muslim women oppressed. What if they themselves tell you otherwise? This seems to be an elitism creeping into. People who consider thenselves thinkers and mbe even moderates - the know better about the oppression of a person than the oppresed themselves and take it as their duty to liberate people even as they protest against it.

Militant liberalism anyone? Everythijg is allowed unless the liberals don't like it.

Ofcourse you can blame it all on women.

Ladies are behind it all.

Did you not know that man's fall is due to a woman.

1R4M wrote:

people will blame ANYTHING on women

it takes TWO to have sex.

were ALL the men so mindless that they got tricked and drugged into bed????

Can you name me just one drug which is more powerful than Paki women?

Omrow wrote:
Ofcourse you can blame it all on women.

Ladies are behind it all.

Did you not know that man's fall is due to a woman.

Here we go.

I disagree with you Tread Softly. besides when you say women cause earthquakes, your including ALL women, disbelieving and believing. Even if a woman was to tempt a guy, and the guy acts upon it, the man is fully grown and responsible for his actions. temptation is all around deal with it!

Tread SOftly is using the art of sarcasm there in order to mock Islam.

Wow. This man really overestimates women...does he really think women are powerful enough to cause Earthquakes...if only women had such power.

I dont think most women know that they have the power to rock the planet.

Please dont tell them.

Men are in enough trouble already.