Go On, Just Admit You’re Wrong…

Salaam

Admitting your wrong is one of the hardest things to do…

Many people are addicted to being right and love to get the last word…

I read the following in a psychology text book once…

“What is the reward of being right? Addicted to being right shows that the person has issues. One might be trying to save face or hold on to self esteem. What ever the reason is for you, next time you are caught being addicted to being right, try a new tact. Try seeing it as an opportunity to admit you're wrong. How is admitting you're wrong helpful? Admitting you are wrong shows you're human”.

It amuses me when people stick to their guns even when their error has been highlighted by many people.

Of course, no one (including myself) likes to admit that their wrong. Humility is hard on the soul.

Shaykh Abdul Qadir Jillani once said “All the doors to Allah (swt) are crowded except one-the door of humility and humbleness”.

In this forum, there is more chance of us being victims of the superiority complex. This is a discussion forum and inevitably people are going to disagree with one another.

So how do YOU react when someone disagrees with something that you feel strongly about?

I’ve complied a few pointers, which to me manifests huge ego’s and an inability to admit that we’re in the wrong…see if the following apply to YOU (don’t think about others)…and feel free to disagree with them, cos its just something I made up.

1-I become upset when someone else doesn't agree with me

2-I resort to childish name calling when someone doesn’t agree with me.

3-I resort to slander and accusations when someone does not see eye to eye with me.

4-I find myself registering as another user just so I can sign in to agree with myself when corned in a debate.

5-I get my friends/family members to register just to agree with me. And/or I send PM’s to other members and tell them to gang up on the person that I have an issue with.

6-If I disagree with someone in one thread; I hold a grudge against them and disagree with them in every other thread as well- even if I don’t have an issue with what they’re saying.

7-Even when many people have picked up error of mine; I have a serious issue with acknowledging it.

8-I big up and back up everyone who agrees with me. And join in with insulting the person who always disagrees with me.

9-I go into a sulk and feel sorry for myself when everyone disagrees with me.

10-I stick to my guns even when my argument has totally been ripped apart.

I am not addressing my post to anyone personally, it’s for everyone. I myself am guilty of some of the above…

The above is just a bit of food for thought.

Its great being around people who are humble…I have the utmost respect for such people. The best kind of person isn’t the one who is always right…it’s the one who has no issues with admitting when he is in the wrong.

So people are you ready to put your hands up and be the first to admit your mistakes?

Wasalaam

all those apply to me :oops:

What you put in the hearts of others; is what goes back into your own heart…

"Judda" wrote:
all those apply to me :oops:

Your a top man for admitting it.

good ten points.

I would say that some of those points allude to a spoilt upbringing.

I myself can take failure. However ocasionally I go over the mark in making points.

Just a thing to remember is everyone is an individual. You WILL agree with some of their opinions, and you WILL disagree with others. and vice versa.

Oh and I can be wrong. I would rather be proven wrong than look a fool for a min than for longer when people hold their silence.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

I can admit i am wrong if sum1 can prove it but i am very stubborn at times and it takes me ages to come round to actually believing i am wrong. However if understand how i am wrong and a person's reasoning makes sense as to why i am wrong, i give in.

I must admit when it get personal i must have the last word. But apart from that, being right doesn't bother me too much. I just hate when i spend a couple day thinking something over and then finally coming to a conclusion only for someone to say something which start giving me second thoughts. I tend to get stubborn then.

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

"MuslimSister" wrote:

6-If I disagree with someone in one thread; I hold a grudge against them and disagree with them in every other thread as well- even if I don’t have an issue with what they’re saying.

yep I'm guilty of that one^^^

if someone slanders me or says sumin personal

i hold a grude for life and attack them on every thread

but thats a good thread :shock:

made me think of many people here

Salam

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

Lets see.

You are a silly little furbal !!

Omrow

"Omrow" wrote:
Salam

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

Lets see.

Omrow

hehe... Lol ....i wonder wat the nxt answer's gnna b :roll:

"Duniya toh badalti rehti hai...Ey mere Quaid tuh kabhi Na badal janaa"

i dont know about anyone else but for me its quite easy to hold a grudge against someone if i find them very annoying...like some people on this forum but after time it dies down.

"Omrow" wrote:

Lets see.

u asked for it u fool

looks like I now have to attack u in every thread :twisted:

oh wait I already do that :roll:

but I wait for the day that YOU admit to being in the wrong

which u nearly always are

Salam

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
I wait for the day that YOU admit to being in the wrong

Ok.

I admit I may be wrong.

You are not a silly little furbal. You are just a furbal.

Omrow

some of those are true, or semi-true about me

and whilst i agree with LilSis, it makes me think of others on this thread, i wont say it coz.......thats the big problem

people look at others b4 themselves

im guilty as charged

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

"MuslimSister" wrote:

Guilty of the above.

Other than that... im an angel and it dont bother me at all.

Back in BLACK

"Seraph" wrote:
"MuslimSister" wrote:

Guilty of the above.

Really, now who told you that lie? Blum 3

One thing i really hate is when i fight for somethin only to realise it is wrong, very annoyin!

"angel" wrote:
"Seraph" wrote:
"MuslimSister" wrote:

Guilty of the above.

Really, now who told you that lie? Blum 3

One thing i really hate is when i fight for somethin only to realise it is wrong, very annoyin!

The crazy monkey that lives under my bed.

What do you mean lie... its true... you wont come across me having many arguements. I'll just say what i think and thats that.

Back in BLACK

Wrong as in mistaken, happens, and it is good to see a mistake or petty reaction cleared up. But as for lying, nastiness and disinformation - I am not waiting for any such admission. Some people are proud and life is too short.