Two blasts in Moscow Metro, dozens killed

Two explosions have rocked the Moscow Metro this morning, claiming dozens of dead and injured.

The first explosion happened in a carriage at the central Lubyanka underground station at 07:56, informs RIA Novosti news agency.

The second blast happened at the Park Kultury Metro station also in a carriage of a train at 08:39.

According to the latest information by the news agencies, the overall death toll has risen to 38.

The immediate blame is being directed at the 'north caucasus' region, and i agree. Though the fact Muslims - Chechnya in particular being cited - is a tad expected, however South Ossetia has been the last major battlefield for Russia, when they locked horns with Georgia.

Ingushetia could be more likely - chechnya from what I hear has become more pacified in recent times due to the brutal infrastructure of the government, while there is more activity in Ingushetia.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Putin has vowed to "destroy" those responsible.

Meanwhile the regional Muslim news reports that most Russians hold the Russian secret service responsible. Making things up to suit their own warped worldview as usual.

Now we're just waiting for the Uighurs to piss off the Chinese. Only a matter of time eh?

I doubt that would bge linked in any way to this. Besides, I think the chinese government is pissed off with the uighurs all the time for daring to be different..

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Yes I agree that they are not linked, except in the general sense of Muslims making it clear to every nation how friendly their religion is. And now I've studied Islam I think I can see how such "friendliness" is derived. Wal bara in action huh?

Back to topic, take a look at the news reports coming in of reprisals within Russia (against Muslims). Far right in Russia is qualitatively worse than in the UK. But going back to what I've been saying recently, You, and what you've been saying about a far right surge being more likely than a sharia surge in the UK, what is happening (to Muslims) and probably going to happen in Russia may happen in the UK if there is a spectacular terrorist attack. Only hope is non-fundamentalist Muslims facing up to the haters; if you don't do that please don't complain about a police state and more Quilliam, or worse.

Here is teh thing about asking for people to make a stand - if they are used as dominoes, as political fodder, at some point they will not want to take part.

Many many Muslims have spoken out against terrorism. This speaking out is not a new thing. But well, when the same people also spoke out against the reasons for extremism, they were lambasted and publicly (metaphorically) executed by the government etc for not towing the line.

None of this is a new thing. It is a process that has been going for a long time.

The ironic thing is that the people who never stood up to be counted because their views were not accepted were not politically assasinated (and would have been less likely to be so since their support base would see such a thing as victory).

All through the late 90's, many many Muslim groups were asking why a couple of people unrepresentative of Muslims were always being used by the media for their views (Anjem Choudhary, Omar Bakri). They simply gave better sound bites - were more controversial and thus would bring in more viewers than someone saying anything sensible.

Anjem CHoudhary has maybe a couple of hundred followers, yet he still gets airtime and "represents" Muslims.

Tread Softly wrote:
Yes I agree that they are not linked, except in the general sense of Muslims making it clear to every nation how friendly their religion is. And now I've studied Islam I think I can see how such "friendliness" is derived. Wal bara in action huh?

Not at all.

The two issues are different.

1. The Uighur struggle is not exactly known for causing terrorism. Its not their fault if others want them to conform to something that is not them. Not being allowed to fast in Ramadan, not being allowed to serve only halaal meat etc and more.

2. The chechen/Ingushetian problem would also not exist if Russia did not decide to reinvade Chechnya (and allowed Ingushetia to secede like other territories did).

Saying that, attacking civilians is wrong and that cannot be defended.

You wrote:
Anjem CHoudhary has maybe a couple of hundred followers, yet he still gets airtime and "represents" Muslims.

Yes, I've noticed you like to downplay what many see as a significantly bigger problem Sad

The British secret service are monitoring around 2000 UK Muslims who pose a significant threat. At least the Salafis, and possibly more, are spreading their poison through the Islam Channel (so it appears, I may be wrong for the most part here) and ummah.com and the many "underground" lectures. I know you keep saying it's a small problem with few people who will just end up chilling out and getting married or decide to eventually stop rebelling against their parents, but I really think this is a mistaken view.

Nothing is going to happen unless the reality of the problem is seen. I'm sure I only see half the problem if that, I do not confess to really have a clue what the ice is like under the water.

I started studying Islam from an academic perspective, but boy have I been led into a dark world Sad

It is not a small problem - it is a huge problem.

You have to remember that the online market for Muslims is limited to a very specific audience. Mostly within a specific age range, so it needs to be kept in mind that you are seeing a specific ege of the community online - but you will base your views on what you see, so I think that you think it is bigger than it is.

There are major issues. But they need to be dealt with and NOT for the reason for others/non-muslims to find them acceptable.

That is what that Islam Channel guy said on Hardtalk, that it is an internal Muslim matter.

So what is being done to deal with these major issues? The comprehesive fatwa against suicide bombing was a good start.

it was a "start" only because it got mainstream western media attention. Otherwise it was a part of a long process.

Well I'll take your comment as a positive, sunbeam end to my day. Thanks Smile

Tread Softly wrote:
That is what that Islam Channel guy said on Hardtalk, that it is an internal Muslim matter.

I would not necessarily agree with that - if it affects others, then it is their business too. But Muslims need to decide their stance on right and wrong, not based on political posturing.

Some experts on Russia's RT tv channel were saying there is no evidence that muslims did this, let alone two women.
Its all speculations.

I think Jews did it to get Russian to hate muslims and stop supporting Iran. Israeli government was kept visiting Moscow for past two years to pressure Russian to stop supplying missiles and nuclear help to Iran. When that did not work, the secret jewish spies Mossad carried out bombing of civilians at Moscow Metro. Lanat on Mossad. They already got caught by Britan and Germany after they bungled the assassination of Palestinians man in Dubai. The heat was on Israel and UK even expelled Israeli ambassador. They were desperate to take attention off Israel. So Mossad was ordered to do Moscow bombing.

Ayatollah rightly named America as "Great Satan".

How convenient for you to ignore the Russian governments actions in Chechnya and Ingushetia.

You need to ignore them to portray Iranian relations with Russia as a good thing.

no my brother, you did not understand me.
i was talking about what some experts were saying on Russia Today tv. i know russians have been arseholes and oppressed muslims in the south. Lanat on them. I was only sayiing this bombing looks like Israeli terrorism like London and new York. I might be wrong but its looks like only Israelis could carry out cold blooded murder of civilians like this. They have been killing Palestinians women and children for past 80 years since 1948.

Ayatollah rightly named America as "Great Satan".

I doubt it was them.

and I doubt anyone will try to link it to Iran in anyway either, so you do not need to worry about that relationship being jeopardised.

Simplest and easiest suspects are linked to chechens and ingussethians. and I read some chechen faction has claimed it too, so its a so0lved case.

Question is what happens next and how many others suffer due to these actions.

Tread Softly wrote:
Meanwhile the regional Muslim news reports that most Russians hold the Russian secret service responsible. Making things up to suit their own warped worldview as usual.

Oh yes of course, how silly of me, it was the jews. No, maybe the CIA or Blackwater? Maybe even the munafiq Pak Army?

When will you lot join the rest of us from your parallel universe?

Teenage widow 'was Moscow metro bomber' - police

Russian authorities say they are almost certain that one of the suicide bombers who attacked the Moscow Metro on Monday was a 17-year-old girl from Dagestan.

The girl, Dzhennet Abdurakhmanova, is believed to be the widow of a senior Caucasus militant killed by Russian security forces late last year.

Dagestan, like nearby Chechnya, is struggling to quell militant violence.

The morning rush-hour bombings killed 40 people and injured more than 80, most of whom are still in hospital.

"One of the female suicide bombers, who blew herself up at the Park Kultury metro station, was Dzhennet Abdurakhmanova," said a statement from Russia's National Anti-Terror Committee (NAK) carried by the RIA Novosti and Interfax news agencies.

"She was born in 1992 and lived in the Khasavyurtsky region of Dagestan."

A police spokesman said earlier that the suspect had been married to a leading Islamist militant, Umalat Magomedov, who was killed by Russian security forces at the end of last year.

Read more @

I feel "dirty" posting this - mainly because I should not and do not have to - but just in case people are wondering, Shaykh Qaradawi .

I guess this will be one other condemnation that will not appear in western press (because, well, its not exactly rivetting news).

If only there were one ummah huh? Then the condemnation of a sheikh may be newsworthy. As things stand, the fundamentalists will just sneer at his pronouncements.

Innocents may not be killed according to the Koran, but since when have the filthy kaffirs been innocent? As taxpayers they are complicit in the crimes of their government and military. And OBL knows best.

Here's the thing - you will never be satisfied by wht you get.

That is why Muslims should NOT be acting in order to satisfy outsiders, but doing them because they feel it is right.

You will certainly never be able to satisfy all people. But satisfying some or most may be preferable to satisfying none.

My point is that since there is no cohesion within Sunni Islam, no unified leadership, then any voice of moderation is just going to get swallowed up with the lack of moderation from everywhere else.

Tread Softly wrote:
My point is that since there is no cohesion within Sunni Islam, no unified leadership...

Perhaps, but there is occaisionally a domino effect. If a Scholar is respected enough as an authority and has a power of prescence and makes big waves, other may well find themselves falling into line. Whether other voices support it or not, it will be interesting to see the effect of that particular fatwa in five to ten years time.

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes