Bush: 'We do not torture'

I just cannot believe how people can get away with statements like that.

End of time must be near.

---

[b]BUSH DEFENDS DETAINSEES POLICY[/b]

[b]'We do not torture,' president says[/b]

Monday, November 7, 2005

President Bush vigorously defended U.S. interrogation practices in the war on terror Monday and lobbied against a congressional drive to outlaw torture.

"There's an enemy that lurks and plots and plans and wants to hurt America again," Bush said. "So you bet we will aggressively pursue them but we will do so under the law."

He declared, "We do not torture."

Over White House opposition, the Senate has passed legislation banning torture. With Vice President Dick Cheney as the point man, the administration is seeking an exemption for the CIA. It was recently disclosed that the spy agency maintains a network of prisons in eastern Europe and Asia, where it holds terrorist suspects...

Full story:

It must be a [b]"Get away with a lie week"[/b]

"Omrow" wrote:
It must be a [b]"Get away with a lie week"[/b]

Oh he'll get his comeuponce... yes... :twisted:

Forcast for Mr Bush's tomorow a few sprinckles of genius with the chance of [b]DOOOM[/b]......

Back in BLACK

He will get away with it.

It'll be some other scmuck who will pay on his behalf... that is what 'democracy' is good at.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

I have, myself, full confidence that if all do their duty, if nothing is neglected, and if the best arrangements are made, as they are being made, we shall prove ourselves once again able to defend our faith, to ride out the storm of war, and to outlive the menace of tyranny, if necessary for years, if necessary alone.

We shall go on to the end,we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our faith, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender, and even if, which I do not for a moment believe, our people or a large part of them were subjugated and starving, then our Empire beyond the seas, armed and guarded by the Fleet, would carry on the struggle, until, in God's good time, the New World, with all its power and might, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of the old.

Back in BLACK

hes a liar but hey thats nothin new wiv Bush. The thing with Bush is he quotes alot from the bible and uses the bible/his religion to justify his actions like that time he said God told him to go to war (something like that), yeah right

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

"Naz" wrote:
hes a liar but hey thats nothin new wiv Bush. The thing with Bush is he quotes alot from the bible and uses the bible/his religion to justify his actions like that time he said God told him to go to war (something like that), yeah right

Bush is an idiot. I cant believe the American ppl wanted Bush to be president again. do they really want a guy with an IQ of 77 (or there abouts) to be making major decisions that will affect their lives.

Bush uses quotes from the bible coz he knows it gets him support frm the ppl, the country being majority christianity

"Si" wrote:
"Naz" wrote:

Bush is an idiot. I cant believe the American ppl wanted Bush to be president again. do they really want a guy with an IQ of 77 (or there abouts) to be making major decisions that will affect their lives.

Bush uses quotes from the bible coz he knows it gets him support frm the ppl, the country being majority christianity

yeah thats true he uses the fact that the majority of people in America are religious to his advantage (i personally think the votes were fixed, theres no way any sane person in their right mind would want Bush to be persident)

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

erm... language! (now changed...)

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:
erm... language! (now changed...)

ooppss..... :roll:

Its like Bin Laden saying: "We don't blow people up"

That would actually make a good logo for something...

can't think what tho right now, any ideas (not guache ones)?

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes