urdu/punjabi numbaz

116 posts / 0 new
Last post

"dervish123" wrote:
mirpuri is beautiful languange

but the most beautiful lang i heard is suraiqi.... man thats amazing.. so poetic

yea no doubt IS a beautiful language..still riddlyfyde though,

but im still learning IT, kind of

what is suraiqi?

i take it no1 took up urdu at as an option at school

i didn't, wish i had done though

i was the only asian doing french at school Biggrin

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:

outt interest, am i the only non-mirpuri pakistani/kashmiri here?

no darth, yr not alone. count me in

"fizzy1" wrote:
"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:

outt interest, am i the only non-mirpuri pakistani/kashmiri here?

no darth, yr not alone. count me in

I guess i would fall under that category.

So no your not alone... its okay Hayder... i knw ur oerwhelmed.... there there.. there there.

Back in BLACK

ha ha! is there becoming a divide?!

where you from seraph and hayder?

"naj" wrote:
"dervish123" wrote:
mirpuri is beautiful languange

but the most beautiful lang i heard is suraiqi.... man thats amazing.. so poetic

yea no doubt IS a beautiful language..still riddlyfyde though,

but im still learning IT, kind of

what is suraiqi?

lol, yeh MP is beautiful.

saraaiki is what they spk down multan sides. They say its a very mithi zubaan but I aint herd it that much except from my distant relatives wife cos shes saraaiki but then OBVIOUSLY i didnt have deep convos with her.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

i dont know how to speak much urdu, can understand bits though. how could you learn??

go back home for 3 months and I guarantee u will come back much more confident, but stay in an urdu speaking place, otherwise u'll end up chatting punjabi/mp/ even pushto lol

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

ha ha!!

yeh im trying to persuade my mum to go back to pak. i really want to go and pick up lang from there. shes a bit suspicious why i want to go - she thinks i want to get married

get married then Smile

phew, not the only non-mp then.........not discriminating or creating a divide!.....but its for equal opportuniyt purposes Smile

im frooooooom...............town near faisalabad

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:
get married then Smile

phew, not the only non-mp then.........not discriminating or creating a divide!.....but its for equal opportuniyt purposes Smile

im frooooooom...............town near faisalabad

:shock:

Back in BLACK

Faislabad.... whats that known for... i think i wont say it in public... u find out

never been faisalabad so say what you want Smile

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

"naj" wrote:

like we say AAP and u ppl say TU or tusan...sounds disrespectful especially to elders.

Thats the thing, you dont speak mirpuri so it sounds disrespectful maybe. the word "tu" is used for ppl younger than you and "tusan" is used for the elders, so it may sound disrespectful but it aint.

"angel" wrote:
"naj" wrote:

like we say AAP and u ppl say TU or tusan...sounds disrespectful especially to elders.

Thats the thing, you dont speak mirpuri so it sounds disrespectful maybe. the word "tu" is used for ppl younger than you and "tusan" is used for the elders, so it may sound disrespectful but it aint.

tusan- i think its probably mirpuri coz we say tusi, dat sounds much more respectful in punjabi.

"Duniya toh badalti rehti hai...Ey mere Quaid tuh kabhi Na badal janaa"

"angel" wrote:
"naj" wrote:

yea i dont speak it but when my cousins do it sounds disrespectful...maybe it aint well there aint any other words to use unless u mix urdu words in ya mp/punjabi

but alot of punjabis i know agree the language can seem abit disrespectful, well compared to urdu yea

"naj" wrote:

yea i dont speak it but when my cousins do it sounds disrespectful...maybe it aint well there aint any other words to use unless u mix urdu words in ya mp/punjabi

but alot of punjabis i know agree the language can seem abit disrespectful, well compared to urdu yea

Like i said it MAY sound disrespectful but it aint, you can only know that if you speak it, if i refered to my parents as "tu" then that would be disrespect but if i said "tusan" that is perfectly fine.

There is a huge difference in sounding disrepectful and actually being disrespectful

See in urdu is "ap" (you) the only term used for that word?

"angel" wrote:
There is a huge difference in sounding disrepectful and actually being disrespectful

true

tum not an urdu word?

"naj" wrote:
"angel" wrote:

true

tum not an urdu word?

isnt that like a less respectful term?

is but tum like used for the younger lot, and aap for the elders

"naj" wrote:
is but tum like used for the younger lot, and aap for the elders

there you go, there's ur answer in regards to the mirpuri language, there is a respectful term and a disrespectful term regardless of the language IMO.

Lol...I speak english with my parents. Thankfully, "Tu, Tusi, Aap and Tum" all mean the same thing "You".

or in cockney its 'yaau'

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"flower" wrote:
Hey Naz i no wat u mean, but we should be proud of wat we have inherited (even if it is a slightly messed up language system!)

I aint ashamed of it in fact it makes us unique lol

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

I dont like english. There is no way of showing correct respect for elders , or affection for youngers in english.

You for everyone, mom dad, wife, kids, ustaad.

As for MP, tusan is for like aap, and tu is for tum.

But, for definite urdu is better language for education and for sounding polite. Personally, if Im speaking to random starngers who are not involved in religion, I tend to used punjabi/MP, cos thats the way most ppl spk, BUT if I spk to an alim I ALWAYS speak in urdu with them. Its more respectful, educated, and polite. My Ustaadji speaks mirpuri as his mother tongue, but NEVER do I spk either mp, or english with Ustaadji, ALWAYS urdu. It is easier for me to convey respect and humility in urdu.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"fizzy1" wrote:
ha ha!!

yeh im trying to persuade my mum to go back to pak. i really want to go and pick up lang from there. shes a bit suspicious why i want to go - she thinks i want to get married

why would you wanna go back, its awful well apart from the whether but also i suppose it depends where you live (city is sooo much better). Depends how long you go for if its bout a yr then you'l defo cum bk speaking fluent. I went for 6 and half weeks and pik'd up nothin lol.

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

I prefer the english way. It has no 'disrespectful' term.

everyone is shown respect.

:twisted:

Hey it can be played both ways.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Med" wrote:
I dont like english. There is no way of showing correct respect for elders , or affection for youngers in english.

I agree. No matter how hard 1 tries many disrespectful words are used when one speaks in english!

Thus its best to speak in Urdu/miripuri/gujrati/punjabi/hindi etc etc rather than angrezi lol Wink especially when speaking to your parents an elder, an ustaad.

"Med" wrote:
for definite urdu is better language for education and for sounding polite.

you got in one! Smile

but MP launguage is sooo beautiful Dirol

dont u think its difficult to learn a new language once you have been speaking a specific language all you life?..

I received nothing I wanted
I received everything I needed.
My Prayer has been answered.

"Admin" wrote:
I prefer the english way. It has no 'disrespectful' term.

everyone is shown respect.

I agree, I also prefer English…

I come from an Urdu speaking family; however I speak the most terrible Urdu that I end up insulting people without even meaning to.

I don’t have that problem with English; I find it easier to choose my words.

Few weeks ago I took a call in the radio station…the lady spoke Urdu and I wanted to tell her to hold on for a moment as we’ll put her on air in a bit….

I didn’t know how to say “on air” in Urdu so I said something like “wait karo hum aapko abhi radio ke undher dalter hai”….which means “wait we’re going to put you INSIDE the radio in a bit”.

My Urdu grammer is terrible, I always end up insulting people…its best that I stick to English.

Pages