BBC 5 Live Consultations

Salaam

Quote:
BBC 5LIVE are carrying out consultations in the communities to get feedback and views of listeners about the coverage of issues related to Muslims and Islam.

-What do you think of their coverage of the 7/7 London Bombings and its aftermath?

-What is their coverage of issues that are important to you like?

-Is the BBC biased against Islam, Muslims and our causes?

-Do they treat every news story on its merits or propagate stereotypes and act as propaganda tool?

If you have wanted to ask questions of people who set the news agenda, decide on who gets to air their views and those who don’t ask the right questions of the right people this is your opportunity to challenge them and tell them what you think of the and their programmes.

There will be senior producers, presenters and managers at the meetings and they will be consulting in small groups therefore everyone should get their chance to speak and influence the proceedings.

This would be a great opportunity for the community especially the young people to have their views heard and influence how news and stories concerning us and our communities are covers and reported.

The BBC 5 Live team are holding consultations in

[b]Oldham, Greater Manchester[/b]

Sunday 6th November 2005

3-5pm

@ Oldham Gallery (behind the Oldham Library)

Email

Or call 07968497981 If you are interested in attending.

[b]Leeds[/b]

Tuesday 8th November 2005

8:15pm

@ Cardigan Centre

Burley Lodge

[b]Bradford[/b]

Wednesday 9th November 2005

9:30am

@ Carlisle Business Centre

Contact

or

Email

The BBC are also looking to base a producer in one of these communities and train a local reporter. This a great opportunity not to be missed.

yep. The Revival team will be there....inshallah the meeting will be fruitful. I advice all of you to attend the meetings if possible.

just out of interest how many of the revival team are based in Oldham?

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

"Not_a_Kuri" wrote:
just out of interest how many of the revival team are based in Oldham?

me, irfan khan(sub ed), zahid maqbool (media spokesman), Mohammad Ayoub( project manager), admin, seraph, hayder..
others are based in london, manchester, birmingham, scotland, halifax, oxford, nelson etc....

Do you have a reporter in Katmandu ?

[b]Yes ------ NewModOnTheBlock[/b]

learn something new every day...

"With the constant mass media attention on Islam there has never been a better time to do dawah. Millions in Europe are asking about our religion.

After Sept11 the sales of Quran went up 600% from Amazon. Recently, in the U.S, the Holy Quran was being sold at a rate of one per minute."

so ed, admin......did you or any of the rest of the team go to this?

i know i was suppose to, but was at work

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

wow u have a network larger than most big organisations[/url]

oops. I forgot all abut it!

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.