What is the biggest sin in islam?

I have a question, and would like some feedback. In Islam what is the biggest sin? and why?

I heard from a mate it was murder.

fizzy u think murder adultery fornication are the biggest sins. But arent those forgiveable in the akhirah?

Even and adulterer, fornicator or a murderer can be forgiven by ALLAH in the akhirah. Is there a sin bigger than the ones mentioned above?

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

i was just talking sins in general

"Med" wrote:
fizzy u think murder adultery fornication are the biggest sins. But arent those forgiveable in the akhirah?

Even and adulterer, fornicator or a murderer can be forgiven by ALLAH in the akhirah. Is there a sin bigger than the ones mentioned above?

What's stopping you from saying shirk or bida?

Just a simple answer will do. Don't do your little 'injured puppy' act.

k, i get that.

But Im asking specifically what do people think is the biggest sin, if it was just sin then there are LOADS we could chat about, but what I wanna know is what the people here view as the biggest sin, the one they must save themselves from?

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"irfghan" wrote:

Lo. Firstly I am not a dog, so im not a puppy.

Secondly I was asking the question, if any1 were to ask me then I would respond that the biggest sin is shirk, but Im not here to ask myself what is the biggest sin, brother. I am asking you.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

SHIRK, i think is the worst...i mean what could be more worst than to ascribe partners with allah our creator.

Nah

you all wrong.

Backbiting is the biggest sin.

Back in BLACK

ALL the Prophets alayhim us salaatu was salaam came to bring the people away from the constricts of shirk and into the vastness of tawheed. This was the kalima of ALL Prophets:

Laa ilaaha ilallah.
There is no god but ALLAH.

Now if that is the case then should shirk be our greates fear? Because if we die without having repented for murder, for adultery, for theft, for backbiting etc ALLAH in HIS mercy will inshaALLAH forgive us, but if we die with shirk festering in our hearts, then we are doomed. Is that not a great calamity for us?

Truth is we are all sinners, the hadeeth of Holy Prophet salallahu alayhi wa sallam has made that clear, so I can say each and everyone of us here is a dirty sinner, but if we repent to ALLAH and hope in His mercy our sins can be forgiven, for my ALLAH's mercy is greater than our sins.

But should we fall into shirk, then all our salah, zakah, and hajj are going to be flung back in our faces. Abu Jahl did tawaf everyday of Kaba, Abu Jahl performed hajj, Abu Jahl spoke the most beautiful speeches in arabic and moved the people with his eloquence, yet despite that he remained the father of ignorance and will go to hell, despite his hajj, tawaf, and speeches.

So shouldnt we ALWAYS be on guard against shirk? Is that not our greatest trap, to fall into idolatory without even realising? to negate the tawheed of ALLAH and think that we still muwahhid?

Remember the Mushrikeen e Makkah, worshipped the idols as a waseelah to ALLAH, they said we know they are not gods but we use them to pray to ALLAH, yet they were idolators. This is not the topic on waseelah, there is a correct way for waseelah and an incorrect way. But the point is even Quraysh acknowledged the supremacy of ALLAH, yet they worshipped and revered Laat and Uzza as a means of gettin closer to ALLAH. May ALLAH save us, ameen.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

obviously shirk is the biggest, leaving that out u need to know whats the biggest sin after that,

like seraph said backbiting is one of the worst sins ever if not the biggest

Med, is this your way of getting around the fact that the shirk thread has been locked?

an interesting thread Med, but you could have gone for something a lil more positive.

I wouldn't like to comment on the biggest sin but I think we should guard ourselves against lacking love for Allah SWT and his Rasool SAW, I think if we try in that out of kindness Allah SWT will permit it to be guarded and form a source of blessings.

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

"irfghan" wrote:
Med, is this your way of getting around the fact that the shirk thread has been locked?

Irf beware of suspicion for within suspicion there is a great sin indeed. I did not contribute one iota to the shirk thread, it was independent from me, and I am independent from it.

Any1 know of any amal to protect imaan and guarantee a death on tawheed?

I heard a few things, one is repeated recitation of Surah Ikhlaas. This guides a person to tawheed and protects his aqeedah from deviation inshaALLAH. And to make a death easy and upon tawheed one should be regular in doing miswak. Any1 got any other advices?

oh yeh, constant wird of kalima tayyibah is also most beneficial.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

Maybe you missed the opportunity to post in that thread?

"irfghan" wrote:
Maybe you missed the opportunity to post in that thread?

lol u funny... Blum 3

yes, u knw best. Anyways, any further amal to maintain an imaan on tawheed?

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

If I knew best why would I be asking questions?

"Med" wrote:
Anyways, any further amal to maintain an imaan on tawheed?

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

kalima tayyibah i thought was de best like u mentioned

"irfghan" wrote:

LOL

ur a clever boy fred

how intresting-a Shirk thread without the title of "shirk"

some people are getting very clever Wink

i wonder how long it'll take Mr Ed to notice and lock it

ok lets have a look. been browsing book, 'what leads to hell' by dr abdul karim awad.

summarising contents:

DESTRUCTIVE SINS - shirk, witchcraft, kill person which allah has forbidden except for just cause, to consume interest, misapropriate an orphans wealth. to show ones back to enemy and fleeing from battle at time of war, accuse chaste woman who is a true believer.

MAJOR SINS:
1- rejecting divine truth
2- denying any of principal articles of islamic faith
3- disregarding any of the pillars of islam
4- overlooking loyalty and disloyalty
5- sexual misconduct
6- social disobedience
etc

not conclusive or spelling out the one most sinful thing, but there is a selection of them

big sins i would think:

rejecting Allah SWT, his word his beliefs etc (i think....diff between not knowin and rejectin). but then everyone knows at one point in their life?

Shirk would be as well, if its not the same as above

killing ur parents?

backbiting is a heavy one......u only have to look at what its been compared to

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

Shirk is definately the biggest sin but what is wrong by stating shirk on its own is that sadly everbody has such a different opinion in regards to what shirk is..

Some see shirk everywhere and hence a nafl act is screamed upon as being shirk whilst other blatantly shirk acts are seen as being ok by some individuals.

when i say Shirk........im reffering to the blatatanly obvious.....not whether you do certain things other groups dont

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

[b]Allah (swt ), says:[/b]

[i][b]" Verily, Allah forgives not that partners be set up with Him [in worship] but He forgives other than that to whom He pleases; and whoever sets up partners with Allah [in worship], he has indeed invented an enormous wrong"[/b][/i] [b]( Qur'an 4:48 )[/b]

' Nay, verily! With me is my Lord, He will guide me ' {2662}

salaam

Med...trying to get everyone to talk about shirk...again!!!!!

Well, the 3 biggest sins in the sight of Allah (swt) are:
1. shirk
2. murder
3. zina

there are loads more: ( a long post but worth reading)

25 GREAT SINS

1. POLYTHEISM:

The most heinous Sin is not to believe in Almighty Allah as the One and the only One God to worship and obey. The Blessed Qur’an says: "Allah Forgives not that who sets up a partner with Him but He Forgives anything less than that to whom He Pleases; and whoever sets up a partner with Allah, he has committed a heinous sin" (Q 4: 48). Whoever sets up a partner with Allah and dies in such a condition he or she is forbidden from entering paradise and their permanent dwelling would be Hell Fire. Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: (Shall I tell you the biggest of the big Sins, setting-up partner with Allah, disobedience to parents and false testimony).

2. APOSTASY:

The Qur’an says: "But whoever of you recants and dies an unbeliever, his work shall come to nothing in this world and in the world to come after, such people shall be the people of Hell Fire." (Q 2: 217). The Prophet (peace be upon him) made the penalty of death to an apostate who is free and of sound mind and legal age.

3. SECTARIANISM:

The Qur’an says: "Do not follow the example of those who became divided and opposed to one another after clear proof had been given them. These shall be sternly punished on the day when some faces will be bright (with joy) and others blackened (with grief)" (Q 3: 105,106).The Qur’an admonishes Prophet Muhammad in the saying; "Have nothing to do with those who split up there religion into sects, Allah will call them to account and declare to them what they have done’" (Q 6: 159). Unity in Islam is imperative and what we might dislike in unity is better than what we might like in disunity.

4. KILLING An INNOCENT HUMAN BEING:

The Qur’an says "Whoever kills a believer intentionally, his recompense is Hell to abide therein and the wrath and curse of Allah are upon him and a dreadful chastisement is prepared for him." (Q 4:93). The Qur’an, also, says: "… If any one kills a person without self defense or spreading mischief in the land, it would be as if he killed all the people and if any one saved a life it would be as if he saved the life of all people" (Q 5:32).. The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: (Whoever kills an innocent dhimi (covenanted person) will not smell the scent of Paradise). Note: A covenanted person is a Christian and a Jew who are protected by the Islamic State. Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: (Cursing a Muslim is a deviation from Islam and killing a Muslim amounts to kufr or rejection of Islam).

5. DISOBEDIENCE TO PARENTS
:

A great stress has been laid in the Qur’an regarding respect and obediance to parents. In Islam, next to the obedience to Allah comes the obedience to parents, if such obedience does not violate the Will of Allah. The Qur’an says: "…say not to them (parents) uff (a soft irritation), nor chide them and speak to them kind words. And make yourself submissively gentle to them with compassion and say: O my Lord! Have mercy on them as they brought me up when I was an infant." (Q 17: 23,24).

The following sayings of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) address duty and respect to Parents:

a) (Of the greatest sins a Muslim chides his parents).

b) (Shall I tell you of the greatest Sin? Setting-up Allah with a partner and disobedience to Parents).

c) (Allah delays punishment of all Sins except the punishment of disobedience to parents, Allah hastens this punishment in this life before the hereafter).

d) The Prophet was asked: ‘Who is the most proper person for my obedience?’ The Prophet answered (Your mother, then your mother, then your mother, then your father, then your kinfolk and then your nearer relatives).

e) (The Parents are your Paradise and your Hell), meaning; through them, you either go to Paradise or go to Hell.

f) (Whosoever gets up at dawn being obedient to Allah regarding his parents, two doors in Paradise open-up for him in the morning. If he has one parent, then only one door open-up).

g) (Whoever is disobedient to Allah in respect to his parents; in the evening two doors in Hell open-up for him. If he has got one parent, then only one). A man inquired: ‘even if they (parents) oppressed him?’ The Prophet (peace be upon him) answered: (Even though they oppressed him).

Prophet Ismail (Ishmael) obeyed his father Prophet Ibrahim (Abraham) (peace be upon them) and divorced his wife because of her lack of good behavior with Ibrahim. There are much more admonitions and warnings regarding respect and obedience of Muslim Parents by their sons and daughters. However, duty towards Almighty Allah is greater than that towards Parents. So, when there would be a conflict between the two duties, the latter must be sacrificed in preference to the former. As Prophet Ibrahim (peace be upon him) who disassociated himself from his atheist father. Even in such a case, Parents are to be shown respect and kindness by their children. The Qur’an says: "If they (Parents) strive to make you join in worship with Me (Allah) things of which you have no knowledge, obey them not, yet bear them company in this life with righteousness (consideration and respect) and fallow the way of those who turn to Me then all of you will return to Me and I tell you all that you did" (Q 31: 15)

6. SEVERING RELATIONSHIP WITH KINDRED
:

Next to the duty towards parents comes the duty towards righteous kindred; like grandparents, brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, cousins and other relatives of the family. The Qur’an says: "Allah Commands justice, the doing of good, and giving to kith and kin and Forbid all indecent deeds and evil and rebellion; He instructs you, you may receive admonition"(Q 16: 90). Also, the Qur’an Warns against severing the tie with the mother wombs "…. Fear Allah through whom you demand your mutual (rights), and be heedful of the wombs for Allah ever watches over you"(Q 4:1) .The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said; (No one enters Paradise who severed his contact with his relatives connected with the womb). However this does not apply to the rejecters of the faith and deviants. Allah warns against kindred who do not submit to the Will of Allah and reject His ways. Allah says in the Qur’an: " O, You who believe! Take not for friends your father and your brothers if they love infidelity above faith; if any of you do so they are wrong doers, transgressors" (Q 9: 23). This includes other kindred as well.

7. ADULTERY & FORNICATION (ZINA)

Fornication and adultery are the most dishonorable and shameful crimes in Islam. The Qur’an says: "Do not approach Zina (fornication /adultery) for it is an indecent and an evil act."(Q 17: 32). The Islamic punishment of the willful fornicator and adulterer is a hundred lashes and stoning to death, respectively. The Blessed Qur’an says: "Those who invoke not with Allah, any other god, nor kill such life as Allah Have made sacred, except for just cause, nor commit Zina (fornication/adultery) and any that does; will receive punishment. His punishment will be multiplied, and he will dwell therein in infamy. Unless, he repents, believes and performs righteous deeds, for Allah Will change the evils of such persons into good, for Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Q 25: 68-70). The Qur’an, also, says: "The woman and the man guilty of fornication, flog each of them with a hundred stripes, let no compassion move you in their case…." (Q 24; 2). The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: (Whoever fornicates or drinks alcohol, Allah will remove from him the Faith (I’man) as he removes his shirt from his body through his head). The punishment of the fornicator and adulterer according to the Shari’a (Islamic Law) is flogging 100 lashes and death, respectively.

8. HOMOSEXUALITY (LIWATA)
:

Homosexuality is an immoral crime more heinous than fornication. Its punishment is more severe than that for fornication. In reference to the people of Prophet Loot, who were homosexuals, Allah says in the Qur’an: "(Prophet Loot asked) of all the creatures in the World, you approach the males. And leave those whom Allah Have created for you to be your mates? Nay, but you are transgressors. They said: If you desist not, O’ Loot! You will assuredly be cast out. He (Loot) said: ‘I do detest your doings. O my Lord! Deliver me and my family from such things as they do! We (Allah) delivered him and his family, all. except an old woman (his wife) lingered behind. Then, the rest We destroyed utterly." (Q 26: 164-172). Homosexuality is a Great Sin for both men and women. Homosexuality is mentioned in the Qur’an in verses: 6:86, 7:80-84, 11:77-83, 15:57-77, 21:74-75, 26:160-175, 27:54-58, 29:26, 28-35, 37:133-138, 51:31-37 and 54:33-39. The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: (The two partners who are willingly involved in homosexuality should be killed).

9. IGNORING PRAYER (SALAT):

In a prayer a Muslim links himself with the inexhaustible power of Almighty Allah that spins the Universe. He asks Almighty Allah that a part of this power be apportioned to his need. Prayer is an obligatory duty and a most important Pillar of Islam. No Muslim, male or female, is exempt from the five obligatory prayers on time everyday, except under compelling circumstances as specified in the Islamic Jurisprudence (Shari’ah). A Muslim who deliberately ignores performance of Salat is considered Apostate or rejecter of the Faith. Almighty Allah Says in the Blessed Qur’an: "But after them there followed posterity who missed Prayers and followed after lusts, soon, then will they face destruction. Except those who repent and believe and work righteousness: for these will enter Garden and will not be wronged in the least." (Q 19: 59-60). The Qur’an, also, says: "And woe! To the worshippers. Who are neglectful of their prayers." (Q 107-4-5). Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: (Prayer is the foundation of Islam who performs it, will uphold the religion and who ignores it, will destroy the religion). The Prophet, also, said (Who does not perform Salat becomes Kafir (rejecter of Faith)).

10. IGNORING ALMSGIVING (ZAKAT):

Annual payment of Almsgiving (Zakat) to the poor and destitute is an obligatory duty upon every Muslim, male and female, as prescribed in the Blessed Qur’an (Q 2:43, 110, 177, 277; 4-162; 5-55, 9-103). The Qur’an says: "Take Sadaqah (charity) from their wealth so that to purify them and sanctify them with it, and pray on their behalf, verily! your prayer is a source of security for them; and Allah is One Who hears and knows." (Q 9; 103). Zakat is the third Pillar of the Islamic Structure. And those who refuse to pay their share of Zakat are considered rejecters of the Faith. The Qur’an says: "…And there are those who hoard gold and silver and spend it not in the way of Allah: announce onto them the most grievous chastisement. On the day when it will be herald in the Fire of Hell, and when it will be branded their forehead, their flanks and their backs; this is which you hoarded for yourselves; taste what you hoarded." (Q 9: 35-36). It was narrated that the Prophet (peace be upon him) said: (first three people enter Hell Fire are: an oppressive Ruler, a wealthy person who does not give Allah’s Share from his wealth and a proud destitute).

11. BREAKING RAMADHAN FAST (SIAM)

Breaking fast, unlawfully, in the month of Ramadhan is a great Sin. Fasting the month of Ramadhan from dawn to sunset is the fourth Pillar of Islam. The Qur’an says: "Ramadhan is the Month which was sent down the Qur’an, as a Guide to mankind, also clear signs for guidance and judgement (between right and wrong); so everyone of you who is present (at home) during the month should spend it in fasting, but if any one is ill or on a journey, the prescribed period should be made up on later days, Allah intends every facility for you. He does not want to put you to difficulties. He wants you to complete the prescribed period of time and glorify Allah in that He guided you and you may be grateful"(Q 2: 185). Breaking the Fast of Ramadhan, by a Muslim male or female, without an Islamic just cause is a Great Sin. The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: (Whoever breaks fasting of one day in Ramadhan without lawful cause will not make it up even if he/she fasted the whole year). In this case he/she should follow the proper repentance procedure and ask for Allah’s Forgiveness.

12. IGNORING PERFORMANCE OF HAJJ (PILIGRAMAGE):

Hajj is the fifth Pillar of Islam and ignoring it without a legal excuse is a great Sin. The Qur’an says: "In it (the Sacred House) are Signs manifest; the Station of Ibrahim (Abraham); whoever enters it; attains security, Pilgrimage thereto is duty people owe to Allah, those who can afford the journey, but if any deny Faith, Allah Stand not in need of any of His creatures." (Q 3: 97).

13. HYPOCRISY (NIFAQ):

The vice of Hypocrisy is the most repugnant vice. Almighty Allah hates and despises people who acquire this vice. Allah says in the Qur’an: "The Hypocrites will be in the lowest depth of Hell Fire and no help shall come to them." (Q 3: 145). The word Hypocrisy (Nifaq) is mentioned in the Qur’an 31 times. The Prophet (peace be upon him) said; (The signs of a Hypocrite (Muslim) are three: when he speaks he lies, when he promises he breaks his promise and when he is entrusted he betrays the trust). The Prophet (peace be upon him), also, said: (You will find the worst kind of people is the double-faced person (hypocrite); who comes to one group of people with one face and to another group with a different face).

14. LYING (KIDHIB):

Lying is a sign of hypocrisy. The Qur’an says: "In their heart is a disease and Allah Has increased their disease; and grievous is the chastisement they incur because they lied"(Q 2:10). The Qur’an, also, says: " Verily! Allah guides not that who is a liar, ungrateful"(Q 39: 3). The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: (It is an act of a great betrayal when you talk to your Brother; you are lying to him and he is believing you). The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: (A true believer never tells a lie). The worst lie is when a Muslim lies to Allah by not being truthful in his submission to the Will of Allah. For those who do such a thing, Allah gets very angry with them. Pay attention to what the Qur’an says: "If the people of the villages had believed and feared Allah, We would indeed have opened out for them Blessings from the Heaven and the Earth; but they lied and We brought upon them devastation for their misdeeds. Did the people of the villages feel secure against the coming of Our wrath by night while they are asleep. Or else did they feel secure against the coming of Our Wrath in the broad daylight while they are playing? Did they feel free against Allah’s Plan, but no one can feel secure against the Plan of Allah" (Q 7; 95-98). Don’t these verses refer to the many great disasters occurring in our times as wake-up calls?

15. BACKBITING (GHAIBAH):

Backbiting is a Great Sin. The Qur’an warns against Backbiting and other vices: "O you who believe, avoid a lot of suspicion; for suspicion in some cases is a sin, and spy not on each other, nor speak ill of each other behind their backs (backbite), Would any of you like to eat the flesh of his dead brother? You would abhor it, fear Allah for Allah is Most Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Q 49: 12). The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) asked: (Do you know what is backbiting? They said; Allah and his Messenger know. He said: (If you mentioned your brother in what he dislikes then you have backbitten him). The Prophet was asked: even if what was said in him? The Prophet answered: (If it was in him what you said then you have backbitten him and if it was not in him what you said, then you have committed buhtan (lying and backbiting). It was narrated that the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: (There are four types of Ghaibah (backbiting) they are Kufr (rejection of Faith), Nifaq (hypocrisy), Ma’ssia (disobedience) and Mubah (allowed). As for the Kufr: it is when a Muslim backbites a person and when he is told don’t backbite him, he would say it is not a backbite, I am telling the truth about him. By doing so, he has allowed himself to do what has been forbidden by Allah; and whoever permits himself to allow what Allah has forbidden becomes a kafir (rejecter of Faith). The Qur’an says: "And for those who reject Faith and belie Our Signs, they shall be companions of the Fire; they shall abide therein."(Q2: 39). As for Hypocrisy: It is when a Muslim backbites a person but does not mention his name; by doing so he thinks he is righteous. He is a hypocrite. As for Disobedience: It is when a Muslim names the person that he backbites and he knows that he is committing an act of disobedience to Allah. This person should seek repentance and ask for forgiveness from the person he backbit, repair the damage he caused and seek Allah Forgiveness. As for the Mubah (Allowed): It is when a Muslim mentions a person who is known to be a deviant, corrupt and causes harm to the community and other people; Allah Reward him for his warning to the people to avoid the evil of the corrupt person. The Prophet (peace be upon him) said; (mention the corrupt of what is in him so the people would avoid him)

16. HARMING NEIGHBORS:

Islam demands on Muslims to be kind and helpful to their neighbors whether they are Muslims or Non-Muslims. Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said that a Muslim will not enter Paradise if he goes to bed with his stomach full but his neighbor goes to bed hungry. The Qur’an says: "Serve Allah and associate none with Him; show kindness to your parents and your kindred, to the orphans and to the needy, to your near and distant neighbors, to your fellow-travelers, to the wayfarers and to the slaves whom you own; Allah Love not arrogant and boastful people" (Q 4: 36). The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: (Jibril has been recommending the neighbor to me to the point that he made me feel that he almost is making him an heir). This means that a neighbor is put in a position as one of close relatives. Islamic good manners are enforced in a more considerable way with a neighbor.

17. WOMAN MARRIAGE TO A NON-MUSLIM MAN:

Marriage of a Muslim woman to a non-Muslim man is forbidden in Islam. The Qur’an says: "O you who believe, when there come to you believing women refugees, examine them; Allah Know best as to their Faith; if you ascertain that they are believers, then send them not back to the unbelievers, they (believing women) are not lawful (wives) for them (unbelieving men), nor are they (unbelieving men) lawful (husbands) for them (believing women), but pay the unbelievers what they have spent (on their dower) and there will be no blame on you if you marry them on payment of their dower to them, but hold not to the ties (marriage contract) of unbelieving women: ask for what you have spent on their dowers and let the (unbelievers) ask for what they have spent (on the dowers of women who come over to you), such is the Command of Allah. He Judge (with justice) between you; and Allah is full of Knowledge and Wisdom." (Q 60: 10)

18. WOMAN’S INMODEST DRESSING

All of the woman’s body excepts her face and hands should modestly be covered. The cover should be loose, not tight and not transparent. The Qur’an says: "And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; and they should not display their beauty and ornament except what ordinarily appear thereof; that they should draw their veils over their bosom (head, neck and chest) and not to display their beauty except to their husbands, their fathers, their husbands’ fathers, their sons, their husbands’ sons, their brothers or their brothers’ sons, or their sisters’ sons or their women, or…" (Q 24: 31). The Prophet (peace be upon him) said (The whole body of the woman is forbidden (‘awrah) except her hands and face). He also described women he saw in Hell on his journey to Heaven (Ascension) being severely tortured because they did not dress properly according to the Islamic jurisprudence (Law).

19. USURY (RIBA):

The Qur’an says: "O you who believe! Devour not Usury, doubled and multiplied, but fear Allah; that you may (really) prosper." (Q 3: 130). The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: (Allah curses the one who takes Usury, the one who gives it, the ones who witness it and its writer). However, there are legal ways to conduct business with interest; such as deferred payment at higher cost than the current cost. In such a matter one needs to consult a qualified Islamic Jurist. Islam is Allah’s manifested way of life for the well being of all people in all places.

20. STEALING:

The Qur’an says: "As to the thief; male or female, cut off his or her hands, a retribution for their deed, and exemplary punishment from Allah, and Allah is Exalted in power, Full of Wisdom" (Q 5: 38). The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: (Curse of Allah on a thief when he steals an egg and his hand is cut off and when he steals a rope and his hand gets cut off).

21. INTOXICANTING AND GAMBLING
:

All forms of intoxicant; gas, liquid or solid which affects the mind such as alcohol, marijuana and the like are forbidden, unless they are prescribed and administered by a trust worthy medical doctor. Also, all forms of Gambling are forbidden. The Qur’an says: "Verily! Satan desires to cause enmity and hatred between you, with intoxicant and gambling and hinders you from the remembrance of Allah, and prayer, will you then abstain" (Q 5: 91). Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: (Avoid intoxicant, it is the mother of all evils.)

22. DESPARING AND GIVING-UP:

The Qur’an says: "Say O My slaves who have transgressed (by committing evil) against themselves, despair not of the Mercy of Allah, verily! Allah Forgive all Sins, Truly, He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Q 39: 53). The Qur’an, also, says: "(Jacob said) O my sons! Go and enquire about Yousef (Joseph) and his brother, and never give up hope of Allah Soothing Mercy: Truly no one despairs Allah Soothing Mercy except those who have no faith" (Q 12: 87)

23. MAGIC (SIHR)

Magic is the trade of Satan (Devil) and whoever follows the Devil’s way becomes Kafir or rejecter of the faith. The Qur’an warns: "They followed what the Satans recited over Solomon’s Kingdom, Solomon did not disbelieve but Satans disbelieved, teaching people Magic.." (Q 2: 102) The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: (Three do not enter Paradise: alcoholic, abandoning kindred and believing in magic).

24. MOCKING AT RELIGION:

The Qur’an says; "If you question them; they will say: we were only jesting and making merry. Say would you mock at Allah, His revelations and His Apostle? Make no excuse; you have disbelieved after your belief. If We Forgive some of you, We Will punish others, for they are guilty people." (Q 9: 65,66)

25. ARROGANCE:

The Qur’an says: "Do not think that those who rejoice in what they have done and wish to be praised for what they have not done; think not they can escape the chastisement for them is a chastisement grievous indeed" (Q 3: 188). Also, "That is because you rejoiced on earth in things other than the truth and led a wonton life. Enter the gates of Hell to dwell therein and evil is abode of the arrogant": (Q 40: 75,76).

Ed, he said what is [b]THE[/b] biggest sin in Islam.

Not list as many sins as you can.

Back in BLACK

"Seraph" wrote:
Ed, he said what is [b]THE[/b] biggest sin in Islam.

Not list as many sins as you can.

ive named 3 biggest sins...rest was for general knowledge in light of quran and sunnah. i thought we all learn something for these forums for a change.... rather than argue, fight, accuse and name call.
THE biggest sin in Islam is shirk. end of discussion.

Pages