Male species n hats (topi)

salaam.

hope this meets u in good health.

I hav a lil predicament. Ive alwayz wore a hat when praying Salah (namaaz) n reading quran. i always saw it as a sign of respect.

But, ive seen many guys not wearing a hat while praying.

my question is this, why do guys wear a hat?
Is it a must? If so do u make sure that u cover the front hair on your forehead?

Ladies, do u feel guys should wear a hat? Do your brother's wear a hat?

I've always been told that if you don't wear a hat then shaytan urinates on your head. Can anyone confirm?

And yes, I do make sure the hairs on my forehead are covered. The lady whos house I read quran at told me to do this.

yeah i heard that as well

but its not tru is it? i mean they say that to make you wear it dont they?

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:
yeah i heard that as well

but its not tru is it? i mean they say that to make you wear it dont they?

Lol Lol Lol Dirol Bro OFCOURSE ITS TRU. So all da times u havn't wore a hat u kno y ur head waz wet. Lol Lol Lol

Humko kiske gham ne mara ye kahani phir sahi Wink

salaam

to wear a hat whilst reading prayer is good, better. its sunnah... the prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) wore a hat, and a turban on top. but if you dont wear it , your prayer is still accepted.
there is a hadith where the prophet once took his turban and hat off and placed it on the side, and read his salaah.
i dont know about shaytaan urinating on your head if you dont wear a hat Biggrin

so it was the rain on my head instead? :?

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

"TheRevivalEditor" wrote:
salaam

i dont know about shaytaan urinating on your head if you dont wear a hat Biggrin

U DNT NEED TO KNO IM TELLIN U, ITS TRU. Lol Lol

Judaian De Dhukrain mai kisoon sunavaa....Mera Dil vee chaanda Madhinay nu jaanva

bro SICK LINE BY DA WAY. IM FEELIN DAT ONE. Dirol

"PRINCE" wrote:
Judaian De Dhukrain mai kisoon sunavaa....Mera Dil vee chaanda Madhinay nu jaanva

and in english that means.....?????

the story that shaytaan urinates on you, if you dont wear a hat..is based on what? i think its baseless...if anyone can prove me wrong, that would be great. beliefs should be based on evidence...

Men should wear hats all the time. Not giving a fatwa, I am saying it because it was a continuous practice of Holy Prophet salallahu alayhi wa sallam to wear a hat and turban so we should try and emulate in all acts.

I repeat this aint a fatwa, I repeat this aint a fatwa. It is just my view that we should wear hats all the time, it is a salient feature of islam and is a beautiful sunnah.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Med" wrote:
Men should wear hats all the time. Not giving a fatwa, I am saying it because it was a continuous practice of Holy Prophet salallahu alayhi wa sallam to wear a hat and turban so we should try and emulate in all acts.

I repeat this aint a fatwa, I repeat this aint a fatwa. It is just my view that we should wear hats all the time, it is a salient feature of islam and is a beautiful sunnah.

if you wear a hat/turban...then that is great, rewarding...if you dont, no problem at all. I dont think you should wear a hat or turban all the time. This is no fatwa. I repeat this is no fatwa. Just my view.

"Med" wrote:

if you wear a hat/turban...then that is great, rewarding...if you dont, no problem at all. I dont think you should wear a hat or turban all the time. This is no fatwa. I repeat this is no fatwa. Just my view.

mashaALLAH brother made me laugh. May ALLAH make you laugh. ameen (this aint a curse its a dua, just incase any1s wondering)

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"PRINCE" wrote:

and in english that means.....?????

the story that shaytaan urinates on you, if you dont wear a hat..is based on what? i think its baseless...if anyone can prove me wrong, that would be great. beliefs should be based on evidence...

Its prob one of those old wives tales...

Some woman tried to get her son to wear a hat so she lied to him as to why... and then she told her mates and they all started doing it.

the conclusion is simplicity itself.

Back in BLACK

Wearing a Topee/Cap
Answered by Shaykh Faraz Rabbani

Is wearing a topee/cap/turban during prayers a must?

Walaikum assalam,

It is mentioned in Maraqi al-Falah, and by Ibn Abidin in his Hashiya that not covering one's head is somewhat disliked (makruh tanzihan) in prayer.

It does not affect the validity of one's prayer, and it is superior to pray behind an imam who does not cover his head than to pray alone.

Wassalam,

Faraz.