'Many dead' in US strike in Iraq

Quote:
[size=18]'Many dead' in US strike in Iraq[/size]

A US military air raid in western Iraq has caused many deaths, reports from Iraq say.

The US military said it had targeted what it called an al-Qaeda cell leader in an air strike near Karabilah, on the border with Syria.

Also on Monday, the US military reported that six US soldiers were killed in two separate incidents.

The US military last week reported its 2,000th fatality in Iraq since the invasion of the country.

Four US servicemen died on Monday when their patrol hit an improvised explosive device in Yusufiya, in the south-west of Baghdad.

Later on Monday, two other soldiers were killed by an improvised bomb north of the capital.

[b]Disputed accounts[/b]

US officials insisted that the raid near Qaim, it was a precision strike designed to avoid civilian casualties.

But doctors at a hospital in the nearby town of Qaim said there were more than 30 dead, including women and children.

A doctor in the area said that bodies were still being pulled out of the buildings hit in the strike hours later, and one local tribal leader has insisted that the there were no insurgents in the area, the Reuters news agency has reported.

US and Iraqi officials say operations in western Iraq are aimed at blocking what is believed to be the main supply route from Syria for the insurgents. In other violence in Iraq on Monday:

* Police officials in Baghdad report that two mortar rounds hit a major junction near Iraq's oil ministry, killing a civilian and wounding four others;

* In the town of Bani Saad, 60km (35 miles) north-east of Baghdad, two mortar rounds hit an Iraqi army base, killing two soldiers and wounding seven, Iraqi police have reported.

[url= News[/url]

such horrible news

quite depressing, to know there is nothing you can do to help these people Cray 2

people had a chance to vote labour out...

they chose their beds, and now must sleep in them.

The Iraqi's are paying for our crimes.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:

The Iraqi's are paying for our crimes.

just out of interest, how many of us actually did vote labour?

no one round our end did as far as i no (we certainly didn't)

and there was a programme on tele which said that some of votes were rigged

perhaps this is the only reason labour are still in power

let me guess... noone in your end voted labour... and they mysteriously won...

people voted labour.

In Blackburn MPAC were even told to go back to pakistan if they were not voting for jack Straw!

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

i voted for lib dems (some use that was coz labour still won). Yeah apprently votes got rigged in brimingham i think, there was a programme on telly the other day.

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

"Admin" wrote:

[b]The Iraqi's are paying for our crimes[/b].

i agree with u brother.

Yeh, in bham certain families, ahem , rigged the votes, stole ballot boxes, threatened some postmen, bribed others. ALL in a days work.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Salma" wrote:
[just out of interest, how many of us actually did vote labour?

no one round our end did as far as i no (we certainly didn't)

and there was a programme on tele which said that some of votes were rigged

perhaps this is the only reason labour are still in power

same here, hardly anyone in our end voted labour, all for lib dems, even me voted lib debs ,the goray voted labour obviously idiots

abstained from voting, altho intention was to vote lib dems

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ