You Only Live Twice...

Theres ths new program on one of those Asian channels, where they put contestants under hypnosis and try to figour out who they were in a previous life.

All the while im thinking... wat a load of BS.

Half the time its a male contestant who claims he was a woman in hs previous life or a woman contestant claiming she was a man?? wtf

Has any1 else seen this show?
What did u think?

havent seen it but yh u be right sounds like utter rubbish.

first question first - why were you watching an asian channel?

Don't some religions believe in reincarnation? Maybe its aimed at the followers of them?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:
first question first - why were you watching an asian channel?

Don't some religions believe in reincarnation? Maybe its aimed at the followers of them?

To answer your question: parents had the remote and seemed interested in watching it. Didnt want to upset them by turning over to watch Shrek 2 lol. And I cudnt get up to leave coz i had eattn a lil too much Lol

Its stupid; half the time the hypnotist is putting words into their mouth. Like 'Now look in your wallet, theres a photo, whose it of?' wtf? how the hell does he knw ths guys past self had a wallet? Or that there was a photo of someone in there???

How dumb can u get.

This reminds me of that show that used to come at Noon, where Phillip Schofield (I really love his white hair), interviews a celebrity. She/he goes under hypnosis. They talk about their past lives. Then what they talk about is made into a little show which is revealed to the celebrity afterwards. And then the celebrity ALWAYS says 'yes, I do believe we had a past life.'

I don't think they hynotist put words in his/her mouth..but she did lead him/her to think about other aspects, I think. Her voice made me feel a bit claustrophobic.

And yes, I did watch it out of my own accord. This was because, I liked what they came out with under hypnosis. It's so interesting. And also, they follow up what they see..as in this man would go to the places that have been described. And then they put this mystifying music on in the background. Okay, I got a bit too into it. Lol

Some of what they say under the hypnosis, is related always to their life now. I can't imagine a having a past life...? Although...it is interesting. I wonder what I would come out with if I was under hypnosis.

i've seen the previews. they're probably Hindu's aren't they? they believe in coming back again in don't they?

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

s.b.f wrote:
I wonder what I would come out with if I was under hypnosis.

Either a rabbit or a cartoon.

Lol

sephy wrote:
s.b.f wrote:
I wonder what I would come out with if I was under hypnosis.

Either a rabbit or a cartoon.

Cartoons are fun!

What would YOU come out with?

Hypnosis is just a suggestible frame of mind in which you can free or constrain yourself to think or talk or act along certain lines. If you are a willing participant you will probably have no trouble resisting anything genuinely embarrassing. Stage hypnotists rely on another key factor, entrapment - the tendency to go along with whatever we've justified or done before even when logic suggests taking another route. In other words the participants aren't entirely faking, but they are totally able to knock it off. Occasionally they'll say they were faking, and that isn't normally entirely accurate either, they're just suckers either way. Hypnosis can help in either stumbling on or clarifying memories, but I strongly suspect memories of past lives are all hokum.

• It can never be satisfied, the mind, never. -- Wallace Stevens

Would you ever participate in such a show? what would it take?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

I suppose they have to stick something on telly to pass time.

The reasoning behind reincarnation is to continue to improve yourself in each life and continue in this circle. You only break from this birth and rebirth when you reach what is called Nirvana. But if we are meant to continue to improve ourselves in each life we are subsequently given, we need to either remember or know what we have done in the previous life. Without this we will never know what we have done wrong and *how* we could improve, so the circle of birth and rebirth will never end.

May Allah shine sweet faith upon you this day and times beyond. May your heart be enriched with peace, and may your home be blessed always. Ameen.

reincarnation in my eyes also suggests a constant world population...

but the other question remains unanswered. Would you take part in such a show? what would it take?

You wrote:
Would you take part in such a show? what would it take?

What's the harm in taking part in the show? Except...that I wouldn't like to disclose private information on telly.

What about yourself?

You wrote:
reincarnation in my eyes also suggests a constant world population...

but the other question remains unanswered. Would you take part in such a show? what would it take?

no i wouldnt

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Me neither. I've already been on the show twice, the second time as a potted plant.

• It can never be satisfied, the mind, never. -- Wallace Stevens

Joie de Vivre wrote:
I've already been on the show twice, the second time as a potted plant.

Smile

Joie de Vivre wrote:
Me neither. I've already been on the show twice, the second time as a potted plant.

Satire!

Don't just do something! Stand there.

I watched few episodes of that programme, yes it is related to hinduism, they believe that they have 7 lives, and in all of their lives there is a link of some sort. Did you watch the episode where this man (dwarf) comes to Q as to why he is short in this/his present life..?
They believe that if there is anything lacking in their present life then it has a link with their past life. So he finds out that he did wrong in his past life and thats why god has punished him in this.

It seems interesting the way they do the whole process and what they see in past life, but dont fall into it, because it will make you think, and that is what the satan wants.

"The fragrance of flowers spreads only in the direction of the wind. But the goodness of a person spreads in all directions.." - unknown

kat khan wrote:
it will make you think, and that is what the satan wants.

huh????

Don't just do something! Stand there.

kat khan wrote:
it will make you think, and that is what the satan wants.

think about what? :S u know its a load of BS

Joie de Vivre wrote:

Bazinga!

lol

I personaly think it is one ridicules shows I have come across. :roll:

Anyways here is a link to it.

:doubt:

Who is the cat of the Forum? MEZ!
Your damn right!