numerology compatibility in marriages

i want to know if there is such thing as finding out by going to a peer sahib who will do a numerology compatibility chart to see if you are going to be compatible with ur husband after marriage..

its probably BS.

Just look at the person, have a chat, make sure he knows how to treat people and his view of the future is similar enough to yours.

(if one of you want to bring up kids in a secular environment, the other in a religious environment.. it will be a recipe for disaster... and also find out about and discuss expectations of each other after getting hitched... work... even dress, friends, chillaxxing...)

If still in doubt, do istikhara.

but numerology, no.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

peer sahib??

Numerlogy charts???

What??

Agreed its chat crap,,,,and soo many reasons why its just 'wrong' lol

hmmmmm i thought so too thats its all bs but some ppl say there IS such thing in islam, is there anyone that can prove this all is crap!!!!
as far as i know and have read that astrology is HARAM, also palmists, and everything that tells the future cuz no one knows except Allah Almighty..
so ppl please prove me right and those idiots wrong who believe this stuff!!

life is for living, live it peacefully...

Shaz wrote:
hmmmmm i thought so too thats its all bs but some ppl say there IS such thing in islam, is there anyone that can prove this all is crap!!!!
as far as i know and have read that astrology is HARAM, also palmists, and everything that tells the future cuz no one knows except Allah Almighty..
so ppl please prove me right and those idiots wrong who believe this stuff!!

Yep ur ryt palmestry, crystal globes, 'woooo i can see ur future' is all haram, only Allah knows our future,simple as.

Assalaamu 'alaykum,

This is a form of fortune telling..subhan'Allah, someone claiming to know the future, when Allah swt alone knows. Proof that it is haraam is the following:

The ruling concerning those who go to them [fortune tellers] and believe them is that they are guilty of kufr; if they do not believe them, their prayers will still not be accepted from them for forty days.

The evidence (daleel) for the former is the hadeeth of Abu Hurayrah, according to which the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever goes to a fortune-teller and believes what he says, has disbelieved in what was revealed to Muhammad.” (Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 135; Abu Dawood, 3904; Ibn Maajah, 639; Ahmad, 9252. The hadeeth was classed as saheeh by al-Haakim (1/49), and al-Dhahabi agreed with him. Al-Haafiz ibn Hajar said, it has two corroborating reports narrated by al-Bazzaar with good isnaads. See al-Fath, 10/217)

The evidence (daleel) for the latter is the report from one of the wives of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), who said: the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever goes to a fortune-teller and asks him about anything, his prayers will not be accepted for forty days.” (Narrated by Muslim, 2230).

()

Hope that helps insha'Allah.

thanks....

UniteTheUmmah wrote:
Assalaamu 'alaykum,

This is a form of fortune telling..subhan'Allah, someone claiming to know the future, when Allah swt alone knows. Proof that it is haraam is the following:

The ruling concerning those who go to them [fortune tellers] and believe them is that they are guilty of kufr; if they do not believe them, their prayers will still not be accepted from them for forty days.

The evidence (daleel) for the former is the hadeeth of Abu Hurayrah, according to which the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever goes to a fortune-teller and believes what he says, has disbelieved in what was revealed to Muhammad.” (Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 135; Abu Dawood, 3904; Ibn Maajah, 639; Ahmad, 9252. The hadeeth was classed as saheeh by al-Haakim (1/49), and al-Dhahabi agreed with him. Al-Haafiz ibn Hajar said, it has two corroborating reports narrated by al-Bazzaar with good isnaads. See al-Fath, 10/217)

The evidence (daleel) for the latter is the report from one of the wives of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), who said: the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever goes to a fortune-teller and asks him about anything, his prayers will not be accepted for forty days.” (Narrated by Muslim, 2230).

()

Hope that helps insha'Allah.

w/salaam i know about fortune tellers i want to know about numerology, ppl say they go to peer sahib to get hisaab kitaab done with names before marriage to see if they will be compatible together. as in hinduism they do calculationa of names and stars to see if they match some of you must have heard the word "kundli" i think its totally wrong so plz prove this with hadith and Quran e ayat.. thanks

Shaz wrote:
ppl say they go to peer sahib to get hisaab kitaab done with names before marriage to see if they will be compatible together.

that is the most ridiculous thing i have ever heard.

how on earth can someones name determine whether they will be compatiable or not? there is no logic behind that.

its garbage.

if you want to get married to someone you like, get to know them and pray salatul istkihara. if everything is positive then go for it.

don't go to a loony peer!!!

Noor wrote:
Shaz wrote:
ppl say they go to peer sahib to get hisaab kitaab done with names before marriage to see if they will be compatible together.

that is the most ridiculous thing i have ever heard.

how on earth can someones name determine whether they will be compatiable or not? there is no logic behind that.

its garbage.

if you want to get married to someone you like, get to know them and pray salatul istkihara. if everything is positive then go for it.

don't go to a loony peer!!!

lmao, Noor i agree with you. i know some one who went to a peer sahib saying they blv some one done black magic on them, so peer sahib said he will do hisab kitab to see if thats true. i think that makes more sence because that is to do with past not future. Wat u guys think??

It is possible to predict atleast some aspects of the future, and God, if He wills, can let people know.

However saying all that, numerology is afaik Haraam.

About black magic and so... no idea if and how they find out... but if they use the qur'an that may be ok, but numerology, astrology, hand reading and all such things are not allowed - even if they work and done by someone pretending to be a scholar or shaykh.

If you have worries or fears, do . That is the sunnah approved way.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

If you have worries or fears, do . That is the sunnah approved way.[/quote]

yes thats the best way i agree thanks to everyone who replied

Shaz wrote:
lmao, Noor i agree with you. i know some one who went to a peer sahib saying they blv some one done black magic on them, so peer sahib said he will do hisab kitab to see if thats true. i think that makes more sence because that is to do with past not future. Wat u guys think??

this peer sounds very dodgy.

stay away from him.

Noor wrote:
Shaz wrote:

this peer sounds very dodgy.

stay away from him.

lol i stay away from them dont worry,

LOL! HAhaHAHAHA! Like you text your names to a number and they give you a compatibility score? LOL! Biggrin

“Before death takes away what you are given, give away whatever there is to give.”

Mawlana Jalal ud Din Rumi

lol yea true!! its all BS and all thoes who blv this crap are such idiots!!

Please find my easy to use numerology service below. If it doesn't bring you true love, then just click refresh Wink

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

LOL

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Dawud wrote:
Please find my easy to use numerology service below. If it doesn't bring you true love, then just click refresh Wink

huh?????? lmaoooo yh make a fool of everyone i didnt click on it cuz i dont blv it!

Is this 'peer' everyone's talking about the same as 'pir' which i understood to be a Sufi Teacher?

#Before you look at the thorns of the rose , look at it's beauty. Before you complain about the heat of the sun , enjoy it's light. Before you complain about the blackness of the night, think of it's peace and quiet... #

MakeMeRawr_6TeenF wrote:
Is this 'peer' everyone's talking about the same as 'pir' which i understood to be a Sufi Teacher?

yes. But to be clear - we have no idea what this peer/pir would actually be doing as he has not been quesitoned on it etc.

Another thing to note - it is allowed and approved of by the Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) himself to charge for "ruqya" (reading the qur'an over someone with the view to healing etc.), so the act of charging does not make the act dodgy, but what the act entails can do so.

You wrote:
Another thing to note - it is allowed and approved of by the Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) himself to charge for "ruqya" (reading the qur'an over someone with the view to healing etc.), so the act of charging does not make the act dodgy, but what the act entails can do so.

source please.

Noor wrote:
source please.

:

Some of the companions of the Prophet came across a tribe amongst the tribes of the Arabs, and that tribe did not entertain them. While they were in that state, the chief of that tribe was bitten by a snake (or stung by a scorpion).

They said, (to the companions of the Prophet ), "Have you got any medicine with you or anybody who can treat with Ruqya?" The Prophet's companions said, "You refuse to entertain us, so we will not treat (your chief) unless you pay us for it."

So they agreed to pay them a flock of sheep. One of them (the Prophet's companions) started reciting Surat-al-Fatiha and gathering his saliva and spitting it (at the snake-bite). The patient got cured and his people presented the sheep to them, but they said, "We will not take it unless we ask the Prophet (whether it is lawful)."

When they asked him, he smiled and said, "How do you know that Surat-al-Fatiha is a Ruqya? Take it (flock of sheep) and assign a share for me."

You wrote:
Noor wrote:
source please.

:

Some of the companions of the Prophet came across a tribe amongst the tribes of the Arabs, and that tribe did not entertain them. While they were in that state, the chief of that tribe was bitten by a snake (or stung by a scorpion).

They said, (to the companions of the Prophet ), "Have you got any medicine with you or anybody who can treat with Ruqya?" The Prophet's companions said, "You refuse to entertain us, so we will not treat (your chief) unless you pay us for it."

So they agreed to pay them a flock of sheep. One of them (the Prophet's companions)
started reciting Surat-al-Fatiha and gathering his saliva and spitting it (at the snake-bite). The patient got cured and his people presented the sheep to them, but they said, "We will not take it unless we ask the Prophet (whether it is lawful)."

When they asked him, he smiled and said, "How do you know that Surat-al-Fatiha is a Ruqya? Take it (flock of sheep) and assign a share for me."

subhanallah, is there any source that proves my doubt about this topic plz?

I dont think it's predicting the future as such
its just determining compatibility

Hindus do this
they make number charts based on when a person was born and see if their astrology matches with someone else's

its ridiculous of course
u cant base compatibility on how many letters are in someone's name and the timing of their birth

Istikhara and trust yourself.

If things go wrong - which they can, you want to be able to hold your head up high and say that you tried and not think "but person X said thing Y".

Failure is not something to be feared.