'I agreed to become a suicide bomber'

A 14-year-old boy in the tribal region of Bajaur, in north-west Pakistan, says he was detained by Taliban forces who tried to turn him into a suicide bomber. The boy is now in army hands.

He provided a detailed account to BBC correspondent Orla Guerin. His story cannot be independently verified.

There were five people who came after me from a place in Bajaur. They tricked me. They told me they were going to behead my father.

I went with them but my father wasn't there. They tied me up.

They said: 'You have two choices. We will behead you, or you will become a suicide bomber.' I refused.

There were two more guys of my age. They were also training to be suicide bombers. If we refused they would tie our hands behind our backs, blindfold us and start beating us.

They brainwashed us and told us we would go to heaven. They said 'there will be honey and juice and God will appear in front of you. You will have a beautiful house in Heaven'.

We used to ask them to let us out to pray. They would reply 'you are already on your way to heaven. You don't need to pray.'

Read more @

Fool Sad

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Some things just aren't clicking here for me :S

a. how come they let him do the interview? The taliban people

b. if he was brainwashed, how can he remember that he was being brainwashed

c. 'the boy is NOW in army hands' << ?? what, they did the interview, found out the poor kid was abused and tortured and then just GAVE him back to the army?

#Before you look at the thorns of the rose , look at it's beauty. Before you complain about the heat of the sun , enjoy it's light. Before you complain about the blackness of the night, think of it's peace and quiet... #

Sequence of events as I would imagine it:

1. The taliban take over.
2. The taliban train the boy
3. The taliban lose ground and the boy.
4. The boy is captured by the army or hands himself in
5. The boy tells them of all this (or is told by the army to say this)
6. The journo's are brought in.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.