How to celebrate Eid?

142 posts / 0 new
Last post

My Eid was relaxing…

On Thursday night I arrived in B’ham late…Friday was spent with family, taking loads of photo’s, eating, just catching up…in the evening I practised some more driving and took all my cousins out to eat…(its missions driving in Small heath, people double park on both sides!)…

On Saturday I took all the girls to Bullring, so that they could spend their Eidi…(got lost many times-my six year old cousin told me how to get home!)…later on that day I went to the Coventry road bookshops to spend my Eidi…brought the “Necklace of Gems” the biography of Shaykh Abdul Qadir Jillan (ra)…later on that night practised some more driving…went to B’ham airport, drove on motorways….(my uncle who was next to me was teaching me some very very bad habits)…

On Saturday, there was a cultural Islamic fair in the Rex Centre in Coventry road that I attended…I was impressed, it was very well organised….I brought some Nasheed Cd’s…

Came home late last night…its great catching up with family-Eid is all about family. A belated Eid Mubarak to all you guys…

Khair Mubarak

good to have you back Lol

...hmmm...i heard about some dodgy drivers creating havoc on eid day!!! Smile

has anyone been to any of those Eid nasheed concert events?

manchester one was yesterday but was at work. thinking of going in london or birmingham one :idea:

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:

manchester one was yesterday but was at work. thinking of going in london or birmingham one :idea:

Never been. I would love to go though.

There's one in London, on the 4th of December...some unity conference with some live Nasheed groups.

Worth checking out....if I manage to find some people to go with, I might check it out.

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:

If you do decide to come to Birmingham, we can sort something out. :?:

oh no, i was on about the ones happening sometime in the next week or so.

its in the events section.

unity confrences........hmmmmmmm....not goin to one of them again any time too soon!

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"irfghan" wrote:
"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:

If you do decide to come to Birmingham, we can sort something out. :?:

even tho you didnt come oldham or manchester, yeah y not Biggrin

depends what day its on, what razor is sayin as well, and if theres any tickets still goin!

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

I can go down to the box office this afternoon.

It's on Sunday.

(I'll come Oldham some time soon Wink )

slight problem.....working saturday and sunday :?

cardiff or edinburgh anyone? Biggrin

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

EID was FAB

took loads of pwetty pictures (lil girls look so adorable in lengha's-angel I'll show them to u later)

had jokes with family

I had to put mehndi' on SO many hands-I had a cramp in my hand in the end :roll:

munched SO much-I'l sure I put the weight i lost in Ramadan back on

we went on long drives with sis-

B'ham was cold and raniny as usual :roll:

so who missed me Dirol

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
EID was FAB

took loads of pwetty pictures (lil girls look so adorable in lengha's-angel I'll show them to u later)

had jokes with family

I had to put mehndi' on SO many hands-I had a cramp in my hand in the end :roll:

munched SO much-I'l sure I put the weight i lost in Ramadan back on

we went on long drives with sis-

B'ham was cold and raniny as usual :roll:

so who missed me Dirol

I missed you too even though i am just catchin up on the forum now, belated Eid Mubarak to you and your sis.

I had mehndi done from an Asian shop just on one hand and got the other hand done from sis, she puts it on real nice! If i am in London you gota put it on me! I cant put mehndi on, i am soo rubbish at it Sad :oops:

You gota show the pics, we didnt take none lol

I'll pm u the pic's when I learn how to do that... :?

(dont show the smelly boys)

dont worry next time ur in London-I'll defo do ur hands

I'm a pro-and might do a course to better myself this xmas

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
I'll pm u the pic's when I learn how to do that... :?

(dont show the smelly boys)

dont worry next time ur in London-I'll defo do ur hands

I'm a pro-and might do a course to better myself this xmas

no worries, i think what you have to do is use the same thing as postin pics on the forum, i wud think same applies for putin pics on pm.

How did u learn intially to put mehndi on, copying pics?

"angel" wrote:

i used to doodle a lot on paper

then I spent ages practtisng on my baby sisters hand

took about a year-

but I'm not fast tho-takes me 15 min on one hand

and I usually copy the designs from asian woman mags

need more practise to pick up speed

and unfortunatly I cant do my own hand-i need two hands to apply menhdi Cray 2

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"angel" wrote:

i used to doodle a lot on paper

then I spent ages practtisng on my baby sisters hand

took about a year-

but I'm not fast tho-takes me 15 min on one hand

and I usually copy the designs from asian woman mags

need more practise to pick up speed

and unfortunatly I cant do my own hand-i need two hands to apply menhdi Cray 2

lol havin a lilsis would be very handy, you can practice make-up on them too Blum 3 however i do hate lil kids havin make-up on but for practicing would be cool.

Cant your sis do it for you?

"angel" wrote:

Cant your sis do it for you?

she don't kno how to

i learnd with practise-she dont have the time to to be practising on paper or people's hands

but she has said that she will do the course with me

putiing make up on kids is a lot of fun-but ur right they look better without it

i remember when I used to go shopping with sis years ago-and in shops that Madam used to put blush on or lipstick on me just to check out the colour

that used to drive me mad :evil:

Well Eid is coming again, so the question is brought up again. What to do on Eid?

Is it me, or has Eid come around so quickly this time, it seem much shorter then 2 months. But then again it still like 3 weeks away :roll:

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

three weeks will just fly by ...

for me its just going to be another boring eid thats if i do it here...but the eid spirits already started

my cousins were just doing my head-in t'day discussing what they should or should not wear...i made it easy for them and advised them to just wear they little eid clothes

for some PPL eids just about buying new clothes and dressing up :roll:

"naj" wrote:

for some PPL eids just about buying new clothes and dressing up :roll:

So what if it is? The only difference between Eid and a normal day with the family is that on Eid a person gets dressed up.

Is there something wrong with liking to dress up?

"yuit" wrote:
Is it me, or has Eid come around so quickly this time, it seem much shorter then 2 months.

it aint jus u...it has come real quick-time jus whizzes by>>>>no blessing in time anymore...

"muslim_kuri" wrote:
"yuit" wrote:
Is it me, or has Eid come around so quickly this time, it seem much shorter then 2 months.

it aint jus u...it has come real quick-time jus whizzes by>>>>no blessing in time anymore...

Couldn't agree more

People are already booking themselves in clubs, arranging meetings with friends in pub, bringing musician from abroad, private parties etc...

These people call themselves Muslims yet look what they are doing!. Having Haj for 10 days asking GOD for forgiveness etc.. but inside you are full of other wishes and doing. Look how bad people can be yet they expect Allah to grant them their wish during Haj.

I don't say people should not celebrate Eid, but Islamic celebration is totally different. We simply get together during Eid days, we coke nice things and eat together. At night men and women sing very simple songs while walking around. We do BBQ and Shuwa and that is that but not to bring lady dancers and singers then let the people drink Alcohol etc during Eid.

This is too bad but I understand it is part of business to the other end!.

Having said this, I am already prepaired for that night, I am going to watch the African Dancers coming the first day of Eid.

Have a wonderful Eid anyway!!!! [img]

[img]http//img279.imageshack.us/img279/3331/10293wx.jpg[/img]

Pages