'Balloon boy' found alive at home

A six-year-old boy thought to have been carried away by a helium balloon in Colorado was in fact hiding in a box in an attic at home, an official has said.

Larimer county sheriff Jim Alderden told reporters that apparently Falcon Heene had "been there the whole time".

Police had been searching for the boy after his brother said he had taken off with the balloon.

The drama was played out on TV, with US networks devoting their airtime to live footage of the balloon over Colorado.

The balloon landed in fields and was surrounded by rescue vehicles after a two-hour flight.

Read more and watch video @

Tags: 

So good news everyone - I do not need to regret laughing at all the tasteless jokes I read when they were unsure about his fate.

And it seems my theory about him hiding after accidentally letting the balloon fly may also have been close to what really happened.

What is it with kids these days, always trying to get high? I think he should be grounded.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Admin, it was your suggestion that the kid was simply hiding from trouble, well glad you were right.

• It can never be satisfied, the mind, never. -- Wallace Stevens

Do you think I should invest in a crystal ball?

"I predict that night will follow day. and that it will rain in manchester. woooo...."

A crystal ball's unnecessary as long as you stick to that format, "I predict... . woooo...." in all communications.

Quickly this:
">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lr_zA5E7n7A]

and .

• It can never be satisfied, the mind, never. -- Wallace Stevens