Young, Angry and Muslim

WATCH THIS TONIGHT:
[b]
Young, Angry and Muslim[/b]

In the wake of the London bombings Navid Akhtar, a British Pakistani Muslim, explores the deep-rooted tensions and alienation within his community and asks how this has contributed to the terror attacks. Torn between a modern British identity and the Pakistani Kashmiri culture he was raised in, Navid's own struggle to reconcile the two is threaded throughout this film which provides an insight into the rise of Islamic extremism.

Time: 20:00 to 21:00 (1 hour long).
When: Monday 24th October on Channel 4

YOUR COMMENTS PLS....

i got this description of the programme from the Channel 4 website - sounds more encouraging:

Quote:
Monday 24 October, 8pm

In the wake of the London bombings, Navid Akhtar, a British Pakistani Muslim, explores the deep-rooted tensions and alienation within his community and asks how this has contributed to the terror attacks.

Young, Angry and Muslim unravels the clan system which binds together the Pakistani Kashmiri communities. Biraderi, a patriarchal structure governed by tribal elders, has been directly transplanted from the villages of Pakistan to Britain's cities. Where once it provided support for disorientated families arriving in Britain, Navid argues that it is now the source of division as the younger generation struggles to break free of the strictures it imposes.

Feeling alienated by the strict traditional values, Navid hears from young Pakistanis who equally lack a sense of belonging in modern British society. Pakistani Kashmiris suffer poor education results, high unemployment and they make up the largest prison population of any ethnic group. Disillusioned and vulnerable, Navid argues they are perfect targets for religious extremists who offer an alternative support network, and crucially, a sense of belonging.

There is hope; Navid visits a project set up by young British Pakistanis that teaches children about the positive aspects of British and Islamic culture and how they can work together. But, as the youth workers concede, there is lot of work to be done and it will take a great deal of time to make a difference to this troubled community.

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

excellent programme , it showed an objective views unlike bbc which programmes are always biased .

I loved the way when blair talked about integration, they showed the nightlife and british yob culture of drinking and promiscuity , our way of life is much better , the britsh should try to integrate to our culture as well why should we be only ones to integrate.

It also showed about culture, how fatima was rejected from the pakistani culture for divorce, which is totally legal and acceptable in shariah law. The programme also showed the positive aspects of the so-called extremist group HT who help muslim youth who are in the wilderness get back on the track of islam.

overall good programme , that covered a variety of aspects that affects the pakistani community

salaam

a very good documentary...highlighted the reality. was better than i expected...

Saw the second half.

It was spot on.

It got the hopelessness right. Politics does not work. What do we do?

I had an argument with Ed about this a while ago, and his view was keep trying, But I was more pessimistic. The muslim leadership has betrayed us muslims, so in the near future there is no hope.

Especially when a murderous scoundrel manages to win another term after lying to the public to commit hienous crimes.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

i blame all the stupid muslims who voted labour

WHY?

"Raf786" wrote:
i blame all the stupid muslims who voted labour

WHY?

because they have blood on their hands.

For the murder of innocent muslims in Iraq. They approved of it with their votes.

On the day of judgement that evidence will be presented against them, and some will burn for their crime against the muslim community.

That is why I get angry whenever I think back to the elections.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Does the above post make me look angry?

personally i didnt find anything of much value in the documentary, it was dry and uninformative and not exactly stimulating or discussing anything we didnt knw already.

In regards to muslims and their votes. I am disgusted, I am particularly disgusted with certain families in birmingham, they think they all that cos they jatt by caste, but they are nothing. I am also disgusted with certain ethnicities of muslims who make beautiful masajid but kiss the hands of enemies of muslims and see nothing wrong in it.

I agree with MPAC on one thing. Those ppl have blood on their hands, and those pathetic people who profess imaan who keep big beard and vote for that party are the same as the leaders. They gave their vote, they gave their support.

And as for the others in birmingham. They have the thickest village mentality ever. Yes I do think culturally to a strong extent, but make no mistake I hope in ALLAH that HE makes the deen stronger in me. And this village thing that those complete juhhal have going on is infuriating. Lol. I saw em when they 'won' (read rigged) the election. Dressed in suits and ties, trying to spk english with spit coming out their mouths and walking with heds high for the cameras.

The time when the worst of the communtiy of become out leaders is no doubt upon us.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

As much as i agree with you Admin, i also disagree.

As messed up as the labour party is and the people who voted for them. The real question is who else was there to vote for? Was there a real alternative?

IMO no matter who we had voted for the situation would have been the same. We would only be exchanging one lier for another.

Back in BLACK

actually in bham we had the respect candidates. i dnt vote, and if i did even then i cudnt vote for respect candidates cos they didnt stand in my ward. But certainly i view respect party as being lesseer of two evils.

But surprise surprise, the thick village idiots revoted their masters, the labour ppl. What can we do if ppl are steeped in village/tribal/caste issues?

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

whats wrong with lib dems
or any other minority party, e.g. green peace, respect party

they may not of won but atleast you would not contribute to a liar and murderer called blair

"Raf786" wrote:
whats wrong with lib dems
or any other minority party, e.g. green peace, respect party

they may not of won but atleast you would not contribute to a liar and murderer called blair

You'd simply be exchanging one incompetant government with an even more incompetant government. Its a no win situation.

Back in BLACK

You would be exchanging one ioncompetent government responsible for over 10,000 deaths with another incompetent government without a death tally.

10,000 is an understatement. there have been atleast 25,000, and some counts range into the 100,000's.

Those who voted labour valued either leaders or some non or semi-existant policy as more important that the lives of over 10,000 muslims.

Now that is disgusting and dispicable.

I would not give Salam to an yone who voted labour. These individuals signed death warrants with their votes.

"Admin" wrote:

I would not give Salam to an yone who voted labour. These individuals signed death warrants with their votes.

i wudnt go that far as to not give salaam. But I understand ur sentiments brother.Voting labour is in my book an act of treachoury and traitors are meant to be dealt with harshly.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

Would you shake the hand of someone who signed the death warrant of your brother?

I wouldn't.

true if it was my blood brother then no i wudnt.

I gess it is from weakness in faith that I wud still shake hands with one who signed death warrant of thousands of my brothers. It is a weakness on my part. Make Dua that ALLAH makes my imaan mazboot inshaALLAH.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

i think many who voted labour , did so out of ignorance or lack of knowledge

in perry barr, they had a muslim labour counciler who won with over 10,000 votes

i know lot of muslims from there they hate blair but voted labour because they knew or had family ties with the counciler
utter ignorance and stupidity

Those who voted labour have blood on their hands.

Those who campaigned for New labour are traitors of an even higher degree.

"Raf786" wrote:

i know lot of muslims from there they hate blair but voted labour because they knew or had family ties with the counciler

bro ignorance is not an excuse, neither is maintaining family ties.

Yes we maintain relations but not at the cost of deen. By the Sahabah Karaam their brothers in muhajireen and ansar became their closer brothers than even their blood brothers. This is because with blood brothers u share a tangible thing, biology whereas between believers we share the relationship of purity, of imaan.

So those who supported cos it ws there cousin, or uncle or nefew are nothing but juhhal. They deserve beats!

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Raf786" wrote:
i think many who voted labour , did so out of ignorance or lack of knowledge

Horse droppings! everybody knows the score as far as Iraq.

Quote:
in perry barr, they had a muslim labour counciler who won with over 10,000 votes

A traitor is supported by greedy asians. Why does that not surprise me?

Yes the blood of thousands is less important than the career of someone in your clan.

Its not ignorance.

Its hypocrisy and greed mixed with lack of caring.

i know what your saying there was no excuse for voting labour

lets try and educate these muslims to not to vote labour again

admin bro r u saying u wudnt give salaam to any labour voters? cos if thats the case then in bham atleast u wud only have a few to give ur salaam to. and same is case in blackburn, im not sure abt other areas.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

Yes that is what I am saying.

That is why I do notask who people voted for. It would lead to a heated (metaphorical) slaughter of the individual.

I know many would say we need to educate these idiots, but I think they have had their chance. They now need to prove themselves before I can show any understanding.

admin i think not giving salaam is the wrong way to go about it , surely they will answer to allah , i educate them what they did and hopefully they can repent and not make mistakes like that in the future

At what point will they learn?

1 million deaths? 10 million? 1 billion? total genocide?

jus linke b'ham it seems, Oldham is exactly the same. Michael Meacher of Labour won again, always does - always will.

our local counciller, an apna whos everyones friend - labour

u may all recall ex-Mayor Riaz of Oldham who was in the news when his house had an arson attack on it - Labour

everyone around here is, and they vote labour

it was my 1st chance to vote in the recent general elections, i wanted to go lib dem, lesser of the evils probz, but didnt bother voting - no1 in our house did

no1 sees the point - pssibly thr wrong attitude, but thats reality

BUT

if you dont vote labour, ur only increasing Conservatives chances - and we dont want that

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:
jus linke b'ham it seems, Oldham is exactly the same. Michael Meacher of Labour won again, always does - always will.

Michael Meacher is one of the good guys... since he got kicked out of the cabinet.

He opposes the war. His articles in the Guardian are very enlightening, bordering on conspiracy theory.

good programme.

didnt the programme say that labour cheated with the votes?

also i thought the HT brother spoke very well. and defended the HT movement very well,.. as being a non violent organisation who wish to make a change through politics..

[b][i]Round and round the Ka'bah,
Like a good Sahabah,
One step, Two step,
All the way to jannah[/i][/b]