What do you make of The Revival Website?

Be honest pls.

As we have been pondering for ages and working behind the scenes on a new site altogether

so are u happy with this one? what do you like about it?

if not, what do u not like about this site?

how can this site be improved?

which are your favourite sites?why?

would u be in favour of a totally new site?

pls give feedback

TheRevivalEditor wrote:

Be honest pls.

As we have been pondering for ages and working behind the scenes on a new site altogether

which are your favourite sites? why?

pls give feedback

There are to many topics on different subjects in the same GENRAL section.

This needs to change because it is confusing for new comers.

We should have sections such as:

General topics
Islam only topics
Other Religions topics
Science topics
Political topics
Social and community topics
Private/Personal issues topics
Women (yes, they need a seperate independent section-disection area whatever)
Entertainment topics
Silly Section

etc etc

Omrow wrote:

TheRevivalEditor wrote:

Be honest pls.

which are your favourite sites? why?

pls give feedback

There are to many topics on different subjects in the same GENRAL section.

This needs to change because it is confusing for new comers.

We should have sections such as:

General topics
Islam only topics
Other Religions topics
Science topics
Political topics
Social and community topics
Private/Personal issues topics
Women (yes, they need a seperate independent section-disection area whatever)
Entertainment topics
Silly Section

etc etc

I disagree.

i like the fact its different from other forums where they have a million and one subsections! i find that rather annoying and it just looks too crowdy; too much!

i think the forums generally fine as it is, apart from like it should have more Islam related topics, but that's down to us to sort out.

Tbh i dont think you need a new site, i think you should concentrate more on the mag instead

Smile

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

I am new to this site so i havent yet managed to explore and read it all.
i see that there are conversations posted? and online current convo's??? is it meant to be revival messenger???lol

Sorry to be of any inconvenience with the questions but i was hoping to gain a few answers to a few questions i hold? if this is possible i would be very greatfull.

although i have not yet managed to read all the magazines, from the few i have read i have been blown away with the articles, story's, knowledge, information etc.

Is this meant to be an islamic based website where it contains knowledge of the religion and so fourth??

Who are the main editors and writers behind these mag's. And i hope you dont mind me asking weather they are sunni muslims or not? i simply ask because i like to be sure of the source and where it came from for what i am reading.

The website so far has been very interesting and motivating to continue reading.

Just wanted to say what a great job you are all doing especially how it is targetted at the young muslim youth. Keep up the good work!!!

Many Thanks

Don't let somebody become a priority in your life when your just an option in their's

Salaams,,i really like this site and it lives up to the 'voice of the muslim youth'...its a great place to air any topics in the posts section....like the fact that u can read about subjects that u cannot always discuss with other people like family etc is a really gd resource for young muslims and also good for reverts to ask questions.

.and tribune is also a great place to talk to other muslim brothers and sisters.

IMO this site doesn't need any changing and agree with 'power of silence' on this matter.

Yes there are other muslim forum sites but this one is just soo much easier to use and in a sense is unique to other muslim forums...so again would say that its good the way it is. - it's also the first islamic forum that iv used regularly and prefer it to other sites...thnkuz

Salaam

Thanks for those who have posted.

But i do really need EVERYONE to comment on this thread as its IMPORTANT for the future of the revival.

Jazakhallah

Wasalaam

wednesday wrote:
OK I'll be VERY honest.

I think this site is fine. I don't see how a new site would help lure more people or help publicise the mag better... I like the fact that it has a history.

It's makes posting a reply a habit and that's the only thing I don't like.

This site can have some wacky features like the cool rotating word thingmijee or you know something that's interactive? erm how do I explain this? Like getting people to make cartoons that go with a specific article/thread/topic... everyone can make their own version of it. and stuff... you know...

As long as the new site isn't EMPTY, I could care less if the site was new or old.

Lol awww

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi