Prejudice in sport?

It is a meritocracy - may the best man/woman win
40% (12 votes)
Yeah, there may be some
17% (5 votes)
Why are the leading powers in most governing bodies white?
17% (5 votes)
There is loads!
10% (3 votes)
I have a membership with the ku klux klan
17% (5 votes)
Total votes: 30

I was just reading a blog post by and the question of racism in the sports governing bodies was raised while discussing the 2016 Olympic host city nomination:

Decision day for 2016 Olympic Games

Today's the Day in Copenhagen when if they will be chosen to host the 2016 Summer Olympic Games. The 4 cities are Chicago, Rio, Madrid and Tokyo. That's right not one Muslim city.

London Muslim has been regarding the conduct of London 2012 since securing the Host city contract so I thought it only appropriate to turn my attention to the 2016 Circus.

The main reason a Muslim city is not in the hat today is because of the disgraceful conduct of the IOC who despite its clear technical superiority over some of the finalists and after Qatar hosted the widely acclaimed and successful Asian Games.

One of the reasons Muslim countries are sidelined in major sporting decisions is because of the stranglehold White European men still have on world sports. The IOC has never had a Muslim as its head and with Jacques Rogge due to stand down some white commentators have already started promoting their

In football Fifa has been dominated by the likes of Sepp Blater who has had all manner of corruption allegations levelled against him. Blatter has been at Fifa since 1975 and was appointed its head in 1998. Another arrogant Swiss Gilbert Felli the technical director at the IOC also seems to have reached the heights of the worlds sports establishment without any obvious sporting credentials.

With the current huge level of lobbying going on to secure the 2016 bid involving no less than Obama championing Chicago its time the Muslim world united and started to ensure its sporting personalities are promoted to major positions within the leadership of world sport...

Read more @

So what do you make of it all?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:
I was just reading a blog post by and the question of racism in the sports governing bodies was raised while discussing the 2016 Olympic host city nomination:

Decision day for 2016 Olympic Games

Today's the Day in Copenhagen when if they will be chosen to host the 2016 Summer Olympic Games. The 4 cities are Chicago, Rio, Madrid and Tokyo. That's right not one Muslim city.

London Muslim has been regarding the conduct of London 2012 since securing the Host city contract so I thought it only appropriate to turn my attention to the 2016 Circus.

The main reason a Muslim city is not in the hat today is because of the disgraceful conduct of the IOC who despite its clear technical superiority over some of the finalists and after Qatar hosted the widely acclaimed and successful Asian Games.

One of the reasons Muslim countries are sidelined in major sporting decisions is because of the stranglehold White European men still have on world sports. The IOC has never had a Muslim as its head and with Jacques Rogge due to stand down some white commentators have already started promoting their

In football Fifa has been dominated by the likes of Sepp Blater who has had all manner of corruption allegations levelled against him. Blatter has been at Fifa since 1975 and was appointed its head in 1998. Another arrogant Swiss Gilbert Felli the technical director at the IOC also seems to have reached the heights of the worlds sports establishment without any obvious sporting credentials.

With the current huge level of lobbying going on to secure the 2016 bid involving no less than Obama championing Chicago its time the Muslim world united and started to ensure its sporting personalities are promoted to major positions within the leadership of world sport...

Read more @

So what do you make of it all?

'Muslim countries' have a higher risk of terrorism?

TBH I doubt anyone gives a crap about what religion the host nation are. They go on what will make them the most money.

And if 'Muslim countries' can't do that, it's not islamophobic to exclude them from the list of finalists.

EDIT: OMG Haifa hasn't been chosen in the list of finalists either! It's an anti-semitic conspiracy!

Don't just do something! Stand there.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Ya'qub wrote:
'Muslim countries' have a higher risk of terrorism?

TBH I doubt anyone gives a crap about what religion the host nation are. They go on what will make them the most money.

And if 'Muslim countries' can't do that, it's not islamophobic to exclude them from the list of finalists.

EDIT: OMG Haifa hasn't been chosen in the list of finalists either! It's an anti-semitic conspiracy!

but Qatar is a more than credible potential host. what with all these dodgy Arabs buying EPL teams, financial muscle ain't an issue.