SA man to wed four women at once

A South African man is planning to marry four women in a two-day wedding ceremony, starting on Sunday.

Zulu businessman Milton Mbele, 44, is to marry the women aged between 22 and 35 in Ntlane village in Kwa-Zulu Natal and says he loves them all.

The brides are to take their vows together, answering "we do" when asked if they take Mr Mbele as their husband.

Polygamy is common in parts of Kwa-Zulu Natal but only the first wife is legally recognised.

South Africa's President Jacob Zuma, an ethnic Zulu, has three wives.

But it is not usual to marry more than one woman at the same time.

The four brides - Thobile Vilakazi, Zanele Langa, Baqinisile Mdlolo and Smangele Cele - all know each other.

Mr Mbele has paid a total of 33 cows in ilobolo, or bride-price, for his soon-to-be-brides...

Read more @

Tags: 

nice...

Lol

I don't think that blog is aimed at this guy - he has managed to get four in one go...

Besides, there is the old adage "boys will be boys". Don't expect a large group of guys not to contain banter and immaturity. Sometimes/mostly it will be detrimental, but that is how things work.

(yes banter about polygamy would be very hurtful and damaging in the presence of a potential, but that is a potential that may not happen, while the banter is immediate).

How far do you have to go to prove your "manhood"?

Very far.

Yes, I am defending the right of men to be idiotic - part and parcel.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:

How far do you have to go to prove your "manhood"?

Very far.

Why?

He's a romantic at heart...

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

I once read in a newspaper that 4 women from Saudi who called for a cab every morning to go to work all decided amongst themselves to marry the cab driver so that it would then be their husband taking them to work and not some stranger taxi driver - taxi driver was happy with that...funnily enough

It's South African...

I thought it was Saudi Arabian

#Before you look at the thorns of the rose , look at it's beauty. Before you complain about the heat of the sun , enjoy it's light. Before you complain about the blackness of the night, think of it's peace and quiet... #

Suadi has it's own abbreviation KSA : )

4 wives?

It just seemed to be obvious that it was Saudi Arabian.

#Before you look at the thorns of the rose , look at it's beauty. Before you complain about the heat of the sun , enjoy it's light. Before you complain about the blackness of the night, think of it's peace and quiet... #