26% (16 votes)
Charity
28% (17 votes)
Waste it
5% (3 votes)
No idea
11% (7 votes)
Total votes: 61

I know we have already had a similar topic.

But I think that poll gave less choices.

Also, I suggest that this subject should be discussed a bit more seriously.

Therefore, please think deeply before voting.

Or, first you can say exactly what you really feel, and then vote on your feelings.

To give you an idea, I will go first:

Salam

If I had a lot of money I would invest it to make unique British products.

Britain needs new manufacturing industry to create thousands of jobs.

We got many ideas but no capital.

I firmly believe that we can easily beat the Japanese within a decade.

Britain has talent.

Omrow

I would try to get all the mosques/islamic groups to work together - make a centralised group of scholars/scientsts/academics etc who would be REALLY qualified to issue fatawa about living in 21st century britain.

I'd also invest in mosques so that they could provide more services to their communities, and make them more welcoming to non-Muslims.

I'd also buy out the 'old guard' in the mosque associations who ban women or want the kutbah in a 'community language'.

Finally, I'd try to get halal duck more readily available to restaurants/butchers cos it's absolutely delicious.

Don't just do something! Stand there.

I like that you put war in there.

Most people would not spend money on war - some would however use it to profit. War can be big business.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

I would tell everyone I know that I could make them ridiculously rich if they did every little thing I told them to, whenever I told them too. Having thus established my dictatorship, I would try to rule benevolently.

Alternatively, I would set up a community initiaative where people get together and chill out and where they can submit capital expenditure applications for bills they have to pay or just plans that they have. I would then hire a team to help me scrutinise those plans and give cash to the ones who put the most effort in. I could give everyone the money but if there's no effort then the money won't satisfy you.

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

Aid breeds dependency.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You didnt have an 'Invest in local Economy' option.

Back in BLACK

Seraphim wrote:

Wouldn't that come under 'society'?

It would come under "myself" and "waste it". Maybe even family, charity, friends or war.

There's too many options. What about some money in everything?

s.b.f wrote:

I think most people WOULD share it among different causes - in reality.

But in reality we're not about to get billions of pounds. This is more of a question in 'what do you think is the most important thing in the world which needs funding' type of question.

Or it's not. You can answer it any way you like, I guess.

You wrote:

I like that you put war in there.

Most people would not spend money on war - some would however use it to profit. War can be big business.

By "war" I meant to offer an option to the militants and extremists of whatever kind.

I am sure some Wahhabis would put their millions into terrorism which they would no doubt call a war in way of God.

Ya'qub wrote:

s.b.f wrote:

This is more of a question in 'what do you think is the most important thing in the world which needs funding' type of question.

Good answer Yaqub. Thats exactly it.

Ya'qub wrote:

Seraphim wrote:

Wouldn't that come under 'society'?

Good spotting Yaqub. It is same as the "Society" option.

Which is something I said I would do.

... to publicise themselves on tv shows.

I voted religion because there was no option for giving the money to my Ayatollah. If I had billions I would take out khums and give it to Ayatollah because he is my spiritual guide. Khum is one fifth ie 20 percent of total amount. So if I had one billion poinds, I would give 200 million pounds to the Ayatollah.

Ayatollah rightly named America as "Great Satan".

On schools and healthcare in third world countries...

Even here in Egypt, if your child is not attending an international or language school he/she is paying a LOT of money for being one of 70 children in an over cramped classroom with no resources being taught by a unqualified teacher...

Ya'qub wrote:
s.b.f wrote:

But in reality we're not about to get billions of pounds. This is more of a question in 'what do you think is the most important thing in the world which needs funding' type of question.

In that case. My first option would be Family.