Aladdin Sweets are HARAM

These sweets under the brand name Aladdin are sold in these corner shops with a big Halal Sign on them.

I was curious to find out that if they were halal, and when investigating it has been confirmed that Aladdin sweets are Haraam.

So brother & sisters avoid eating these sweets.

For your own information ring the number at the back of the packet and ask them where are the sweets manufactuered and are they sure that their is not contamination of pork gelatine during the production process, you will find your answers.

Thank you for presenting your masses of clear and accurate evidence. I am totally convinced by the solid argument that you have made.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

lol. in england you can get done for lying about food on the packet. so if it was harram the guys on the phone wouldn't tell you anyways and to get that halal sign on the packet the factory thingy has to be checked over to make sure its truly halal.so if they are harram and they say they are halal then take em to court coz they'll get done.

yano, the halal jelly sweets?

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Yes you are right in england you will have to check the factory to put a halal label on their, but if a non muslim applies for a halal label and passes the criteria at the time they would get the halal label, but can you guarantee that after the inspectors have left that their will be no contamination of Haraam, as for a non muslim their is no conept of halal and haram?

when i rang them to find out they werent straight forwrd to say that their sweets were haram, i asked them the following questions:

Where are your sweets manufacturerd, which country?
The people who manufacturer the sweets are they muslims?
is a muslim present at the time the sweets are manufactured?
Is pork sweets manufactured at the same place and with the same machines?

By the time you ask these question you will be able to analyse that if the sweets are halal or haram.

What is the use if the ingredients are halal but the sweets are being prepared in the same machines where pork gelatine sweets is being prepared and when careless staff get involved they can always mix a batch or so. But in front of the inspectors you can always show that yes you have got it all on the paper.

You cant got to a butchers shop where they are cutting pork on the table and expect to cut the halal meat on the same table and serve it to you and you should take that as halal?

So the rest is up to you to understand what happens in the real world.

So what were their answers?

I am sure you are doing this with the best of intentions, but:

1. I had not even heard of Aladdin's.
2. I do not plan to buy or eat them.
3. You are not presenting any research.

Unfortunately it is too often that hearsay turns into common knowledge without it being checked out fully, hence me asking for more info.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

man i'm fighting this coz after ten years i finally found halal marshmallows, produced by Aladdins. i'm not gonna give my marshmallows up so easily. i want clear hard facts.and prrofs. then i might be able to abtain from my lovely soft sugary powedery gooshy pink striped marshmallows. till then, who wants a mallow?

JAVED wrote:
as for a non muslim their is no conept of halal and haram?

I resent that. My family always go out their way to make sure any food they give Muslims is halal.

As for the sweets: If the shopkeeper is Muslim and you ask him if they are halal, then that's good enough, isn't it?

Don't just do something! Stand there.

Just need to add to that that vegetarians can get very upset if sources are mixed giving them not vegetarian food, so mixing the halaal food lines with haraam ones is not something that would be allowed to happen easily - especially if the halaal ones are suitable for vegetarians.

Go vegetarian society!

I would never (inshallah - you never know what the doctors order in the future etc...) go vegetarian but I am willing to benefit from their hard work.

why dont you ring them and find out by asking the questions i have mentioned?

ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:

which are better than the halal haribo, :/

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

which are better than the halal haribo,

There are halal haribos?

No, I really haven't ever heard of Alladin's halal jelly sweets.

And halal Marshmallows! Where have i been all this time? Marshmallows look so nice bopping up and down in hot chocolates. And then I have to take them out.

s.b.f wrote:

which are better than the halal haribo,

There are halal haribos?

No, I really haven't ever heard of Alladin's halal jelly sweets.

yep, you cant get them from [selected?]asda stores. but theyre not very nice, hard and stuff :/

s.b.f wrote:

And halal Marshmallows! Where have i been all this time? Marshmallows look so nice bopping up and down in hot chocolates. And then I have to take them out.

Your local islamic shop or maybe a muslim owned supermarket may have the alladin sweets, check them out Smile

s.b.f wrote:

Your local islamic shop or maybe a muslim owned supermarket may have the alladin sweets, check them out Smile

It actually never crossed my mind to go and search for marshmallows and jelly sweets. But now I know!

You wrote:
Go vegetarian society!

I second that.

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

I have read all your argument Javed and i have been to this persons factory,they do not manufacture these sweets but buy them from a source where halal sweets are made according to the sunnah,and pack them under there own brand. I have also seen the Mufti sahibs & Imam Sahibs authentication on there supervision in from the gelatine to the process of them being made. I would also like to kindly point out that its people like yourself who lead people to believe that what you want them to believe. I can honestly say what i saw and what the facts are. Did you see the certificates?Did you speak to the Mufti sahib and Imam Sahib and clarify your query with them? Or have you just speculated it on your own as this could be Big sin misguiding all these muslim brothers and sisters. As a couple of members have also said that,this England and not a third world country where you could get done and dealt very badly if you dont have your facts right or misguide people,and vice versa trying to spoil some bodies business and most of all some bodies lively hood. So please make your statements on facts and not personal judgements.

JazakAllah Khayr.

A muslim Brother.

Javed you'd do better to ask those same questions in writing, even an email will do. That way you have hard evidence that you can put up on the internet for all muslims to view? I'm not saying you are lying, just don't allow people to accuse you of lying cover all bases.

“O my people! Truly, this life of the world is nothing but a (quick passing) enjoyment, and verily, the hereafter that is the home that will remain forever.” [Ghafir : 39]

yes brother u r right they are haraam and i have witnesses for them being haraam

i have eye witnesses that have confirmed that they are haraam and not checked and that no onw has ever been inside to check if they really are halal from any authority. but they are doing things in the packing factory that make them haram. for intense they pack all sort of sweets (including sweets made of pig gelatine and other haram gelatines) using the same machines. They never clean them let alone washing them. These machines are so complex that even cleaning them thoroughly they will still have some thing stuck somewhere.

i have eye witnesses that have confirmed that they are haraam and not checked and that no one has ever been inside to check if they really are halal from any authority. but they are doing things in the packing factory that make them haram. for intense they pack all sort of sweets (including sweets made of pig gelatine and other haram gelatines) using the same machines. They never clean them let alone washing them. These machines are so complex that even cleaning them thoroughly they will still have some thing stuck somewhere.

When I spoke to a shopkeeper about him knowing if aladdin’s were really halal.

The shopkeeper took my mobile no. and called me back after about 10 or so days and called me to his shop so he can show me the certificate of halal.

I went there and the certificate that the salesman gave him. It had a laminated certificate and on the back of it was a header of aladdin’s halal sweets.

When I saw closely it was not a certificate to aladdin’s nor it was for the sweets manufacturing company that the person from aladdins factory mentioned so we know whats going on behind the door.

These ppl think that consumers are really stupid.

Astaghfirullah hil azeem.

When I showed that to the shop keeper, he was really angry then he called the salesman and told him to take the sweets back from his shop.

So the salesman came again with a letter from a company in Spain.

The name mentioned on the letter was a Muslim name although we all know that Aladdin’s Halal Sweets does not belong to a Muslim.

Secondly, it was written to the owner of  Aladdin’s Halal Sweets about their own product that they use halal ingredients to make their sweets.

But it is not a proof at all that Aladdin’s halal sweets are actually halal.

But I was totally amazed to see how these people are trying to fool Muslims to their max.

Allah save us. Ameen

@ a muslim brother

brother we Muslims believe that Allah is the provider and none other than Allah.

we can't allow anyone to fool our brothers and sisters

when I phoned the Aladdin’s Halal Sweets on the number from the bag, they got someone to call me back I was told that he was the biggest distributor of these sweets.

I spoke to the brother in details and asked him to check a few things for me. Now the brother has stopped doing them sweets and Subhaan Allah his business is grown more than double.

So brother Allah provides

The brother did them until he knew they were halal soon as he opened his eyes he stopped and not only that he picked them up from ever shop that he delivered it to and made a big lose but today he is really happy and satisfied.

So Allah provides and He provides better when your intentions are better.

Allah o Akbar

Muslim Brother wrote:
I have read all your argument Javed and i have been to this persons factory,they do not manufacture these sweets but buy them from a source where halal sweets are made according to the sunnah,and pack them under there own brand. I have also seen the Mufti sahibs & Imam Sahibs authentication on there supervision in from the gelatine to the process of them being made. I would also like to kindly point out that its people like yourself who lead people to believe that what you want them to believe. I can honestly say what i saw and what the facts are. Did you see the certificates?Did you speak to the Mufti sahib and Imam Sahib and clarify your query with them? Or have you just speculated it on your own as this could be Big sin misguiding all these muslim brothers and sisters. As a couple of members have also said that,this England and not a third world country where you could get done and dealt very badly if you dont have your facts right or misguide people,and vice versa trying to spoil some bodies business and most of all some bodies lively hood. So please make your statements on facts and not personal judgements. JazakAllah Khayr. A muslim Brother.

@ a muslim brother

brother we Muslims believe that Allah is the provider and none other than Allah.

we can't allow anyone to fool our brothers and sisters

when I phoned the Aladdin’s Halal Sweets on the number from the bag, they got someone to call me back I was told that he was the biggest distributor of these sweets.

I spoke to the brother in details and asked him to check a few things for me. Now the brother has stopped doing them sweets and Subhaan Allah his business is grown more than double.

So brother Allah provides

The brother did them until he knew they were halal soon as he opened his eyes he stopped and not only that he picked them up from ever shop that he delivered it to and made a big lose but today he is really happy and satisfied.

So Allah provides and He provides better when your intentions are better.

Allah o Akbar

You wrote:
Just need to add to that that vegetarians can get very upset if sources are mixed giving them not vegetarian food, so mixing the halaal food lines with haraam ones is not something that would be allowed to happen easily - especially if the halaal ones are suitable for vegetarians. Go vegetarian society! I would never (inshallah - you never know what the doctors order in the future etc...) go vegetarian but I am willing to benefit from their hard work.

i have eye witnesses that have confirmed that they are haraam and not checked and that no one has ever been inside to check if they really are halal from any authority. but they are doing things in the packing factory that make them haram. for intense they pack all sort of sweets (including sweets made of pig gelatine and other haram gelatines) using the same machines. They never clean them let alone washing them. These machines are so complex that even cleaning them thoroughly they will still have some thing stuck somewhere.

The shopkeeper took my mobile no. and called me back after about 10 or so days and called me to his shop so he can show me the certificate of halal.

I went there and the certificate that the salesman gave him. It had a laminated certificate and on the back of it was a header of aladdin’s halal sweets.

When I saw closely it was not a certificate to aladdin’s nor it was for the sweets manufacturing company that the person from aladdins factory mentioned so we know whats going on behind the door.

When I showed that to the shop keeper, he was really angry then he called the salesman and told him to take the sweets back from his shop.

The name mentioned on the letter was a Muslim name although we all know that Aladdin’s Halal Sweets does not belong to a Muslim.

Secondly, it was written to the owner of  Aladdin’s Halal Sweets about their own product that they use halal ingredients to make their sweets.

But I was totally amazed to see how these people are trying to fool Muslims to their max.

Allah save us. Ameen

Ya'qub wrote:
JAVED wrote:
as for a non muslim their is no conept of halal and haram?
I resent that. My family always go out their way to make sure any food they give Muslims is halal. As for the sweets: If the shopkeeper is Muslim and you ask him if they are halal, then that's good enough, isn't it?

i have eye witnesses that have confirmed that they are haraam and not checked and that no one has ever been inside to check if they really are halal from any authority. but they are doing things in the packing factory that make them haram. for intense they pack all sort of sweets (including sweets made of pig gelatine and other haram gelatines) using the same machines. They never clean them let alone washing them. These machines are so complex that even cleaning them thoroughly they will still have some thing stuck somewhere.

Allah save us. Ameen

aysha ellen wrote:
man i'm fighting this coz after ten years i finally found halal marshmallows, produced by Aladdins. i'm not gonna give my marshmallows up so easily. i want clear hard facts.and prrofs. then i might be able to abtain from my lovely soft sugary powedery gooshy pink striped marshmallows. till then, who wants a mallow?

Aladdins dont do marshmallows how r they haram or halal when they dont even do them?????

aysha ellen wrote:
lol. in england you can get done for lying about food on the packet. so if it was harram the guys on the phone wouldn't tell you anyways and to get that halal sign on the packet the factory thingy has to be checked over to make sure its truly halal.so if they are harram and they say they are halal then take em to court coz they'll get done.

Allah save us. Ameen

JAVED wrote:
These sweets under the brand name Aladdin are sold in these corner shops with a big Halal Sign on them. I was curious to find out that if they were halal, and when investigating it has been confirmed that Aladdin sweets are Haraam. So brother & sisters avoid eating these sweets. For your own information ring the number at the back of the packet and ask them where are the sweets manufactuered and are they sure that their is not contamination of pork gelatine during the production process, you will find your answers.

Good job bruv. u have actually made a wakeup call. may Allah rewared you

Pages