Too right I would
31% (9 votes)
Yes
31% (9 votes)
Yes, but I would feel guilty
3% (1 vote)
No, hoarder I be
3% (1 vote)
Think of how many starving people it could feed!
31% (9 votes)
Total votes: 29

I was just reading an article on .

In the comments sections there were some mentioning charity, selfishness, how many people could be fed etc...

But if you have (more than enough) money, surely there is nothing wrong with letting your hair down a little?

Besides, I am sure a billionaire can afford to spend $35m on a week long cruise and also give some to charity is he so wishes.

(on the other hand, would "careless" spending not make it most likely that the person does not acquire that level of wealth in the first place?)

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

I'll be spending that money like theres gonna be no tomorrow.....Jus buying everything i seee and like.

*dirol*''Biggy'*dirol*

big bro wrote:
I'll be spending that money like theres gonna be no tomorrow.....Jus buying everything i seee and like.

i second that

"ThiS WoRlD Iz A PrIsOn 4 A BeLiVeR AnD PaRaDiSe 4 A NoN-BeLiVeR.........."

big bro wrote:

Lol I love your honesty.

I've been in situations where I've had to budget my money strictly..there have also been times when I could have brought pretty much what I want (within reason)...however, my spending and saving has always remained the same.

I'm in Cairo this year, living in a compound - the wealth around me is ridiculous. Sometimes, i gaze at the flash cars, and fat diamond rings...but then I also remind myself that even if I could afford this stuff, I couldn't justify spending that much money without feeling guilty about it

A week spent in orbit delivered from a ICBM sounds like fun.

Pity I will never have the dough to do anything about it.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

first thing i would do is buy some new tires for the car. thier £600 for a set!

"ThiS WoRlD Iz A PrIsOn 4 A BeLiVeR AnD PaRaDiSe 4 A NoN-BeLiVeR.........."

Spend it on making Britain better and on top of the world.

I would love to buy a private jet, an travel around the world.

*dirol*''Biggy'*dirol*

The nafs is the decider here.

Having not eaten for some days of my life due to having no money then moving on to having a good wealth, I can honestly say that I would share everything I have with those who are truely pious and humble.

I also learnt that Allah provides. I remember a week where everyday I thought to myself "how will I eat?". I did not have food for fuel to even get to work and walked many miles. The week was surprisingly fruitful. Each day, without expectation I was invited for dinner at different people's houses.

The billionaire who gives charity but spends $35b on a space trip is still a fool as he is governed by his nafs.

Plonker.

[img]http//i15.photobucket.com/albums/a351/fanafilllah/sig6.jpg[/img]

Abu Hanifah was asked if a man can enter Paradise if he has 1000 dinars in his pocket. His reply was something like : "Yes, as long as the dinars remain in his pocket, and don't enter his heart."

Don't just do something! Stand there.

The hadith about anyone who has read the kalimah will enter paradise did not mention a proviso that the person must be skint or not looked after.

The body, the mind, the soul all have needs and if God has given you the means of fulfilling them all, surely not doing so is showing ungratefulness?

Does that mean you are institutionalised? would prison be a suitable replacement?

wednesday wrote:
Compound life is LUXURY!

I miss it Sad (unfortunately)

I have to say I know people who've lived like that and it sounds absolutely horrible. But being a kid it was probably fun. I can't imagine being a young adult on one.

Compound life is like living in a bubble. Gated community, everything delivered to your door, its very green (despite it being in a middle of a desert), extremely clean and safe.

Its poncy, pretentious and very class conscious.

It gets depressing when you venture about 5 miles out of the gates and see so much poverty that people are having to resort to living in tombs...

wednesday wrote:

why does that make me institutionalized?
Why wouldn't I "enjoy" it as an adult? I didn't see the grown ups complain, in fact they rather enjoyed it. Plus we had family friends outside compound and they managed just fine.

Didn't see anyone call u that.

But basically from people I've known who have lived on oil compounds etc in the middle-east: they never mixed with the local community, and in fact seemed snobbish like they were 'above' the locals.

And like MS says, class politics is just horrible (which is why I got out of working in an office as soon as I could).

It all seems like it's like living in Disneyland (i.e. not real life)

But, of course I've never lived on one myself. Maybe I'm completely wrong. I was just saying what my impression of it was.

Ya'qub wrote:
Didn't see anyone call u that.

I did somewhere - and then compared it to prison too.

Not really a serious comparison or anything.

It does not have to be snobbish. Depends on how things work I guess.

But at the same time, something to consider is do the rich want to be cushioned from the realities of teh extremely poor - if you worked hard to earn your money, the last thing you want is to feel guilty about spending it...

yup - and it seems that many people in the last generation could graft like anything. I never learnt that lesson.

Would a poor think about a fellow poor? (Apart from the fact that they have something in common.)