Clicking fingers, whistling and clapping

When we Click our fingers, whistle or clap we are apparantly calling the shaytaan. That is what i have heard, according to someone who i spoke to today. Can someone clarify please Dirol Biggrin

dunno

but where are ya? Smile

sorry couldnt come yaar Cray 2

u gettin me the game right....? Wink

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

nothing wrong with it as long as you aint doin it for the wrong reasons ie. attracting the attention of sum1 from the opposite sex....also lil babies love clappin they look soo cute...but why would anyone want to clap/whistle etc out the blue.

if you're happy and you know it clap your hands

"razor" wrote:
When we whistle or clap we are apparantly calling the shaytaan.

i actually used to believe that lol agesssss back in the younger dayz, but i
dnt knw whether its tru or old folk tales..

whenever people clap in the mosques when there's a kids programme etc u always get somone saying saying in a thick accent

"NO CLAPIN IN DA MQSE"

it makes me laugh

There are better ways to express delight than to clap. Especially in mosques.

clapping is a neutral form of expression devoid of religious expression.

Thus in a place of religion one should use a religiously motivated form of expression. Namely takbeer.

(Now I shall write my commentary of shakespeare as I believe I am using the write linguistic style...)

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

kids need encouragement

u get some people who are anti clapping and nor do they yell "takbir"

i feel sorry for the kids on the stage when that happens

I also heard something about clapping and whistling etc. I think they were part of the jewish rituals of worship. Anyway I never clap and dislike it immensely. I dont have a religious ruling from any1 but I remember vaguely that clapping and whistling are part of jewish ways.

Infact when they read a certain name in torah, the jews make noise and clap to drown out that persons name. Cant remember whose name it is, but it is their way of disgraceing and debasing and abusing that person. Orthodox jews still practice this act.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

clickling fingers, whistling, clapping all done in song and dance as it is believed that shaytan is attracted by music could it mean this

also hadith's say clapping is for women not for men

a point on whistling my non muslim school teacher used to say 'whistling is for witches' i really believed him

clicking fingers - what could be wrong with that?

what does Islam say about winking? Wink

and quote hadiths if u can-not just what people "think or have heard"

As always, its the intention.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:
As always, its the intention.

so all is allowed-but it depends on intention yeh?

Peace a word from a Lord Most Merciful.

The sunnah of my Rabb suffices, salaam.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
kids need encouragement

Thats true, and i think for kids the most encouragement known well to them is clapping. i personally dont think there is anythin wrong with clappin...whistlin umm kinda suggests one is gettin carried away...clicking fingers is rude esp. when your tryin to get sum1's attention, i have done it before :oops:

"angel" wrote:
"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
kids need encouragement

Thats true, and i think for kids the most encouragement known well to them is clapping. i personally dont think there is anythin wrong with clappin...whistlin umm kinda suggests one is gettin carried away...clicking fingers is rude esp. when your tryin to get sum1's attention, i have done it before :oops:

i totally agree

nowt wrong with clapping for kids for encouragment

clicking fingers to get attention is very rude

whislting-well I cant whistle

winking is funny when ur trying to make someone in a serious position to laugh Biggrin

Clapping Outside Prayer

Answered by Shaykh Faraz Rabbani

I would be grateful if you could tell me the position of the Hanafi Ulema on clapping apart from in Salah e.g. after a speech, in Qawwalis, etc.

Assalamu alaikum,

There is difference of opinion, about the ruling of clapping.

In general, it is permitted and not disliked if for a reason, such as catching someone’s attention or seeking permission to enter someone house, or to accompany singing, or when playing around with children.

Without due reason, some scholars held it disliked, arguing that it is a blameworthy activity (lahw), and resembles the heedless ways of the Days of Ignorance, of which Allah Most High said, “And their worship at the (holy) House is naught but whistling and handclapping.” (Qur’an, 8.35)

Some others held it to be disliked, though others conditioned its being disliked if done in the way the heedless or disbelievers characteristically do it.

As such, it would be best to avoid it. But given that most scholars have not considered it impermissible, it is not something one should normally correct others about, except through good, sincere advice.

And Allah knows best.

Wassalam,
Faraz Rabbani

Ref:

nice one Yashmaki

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
what does Islam say about winking? Wink

and quote hadiths if u can-not just what people "think or have heard"

i dont know about Islams view but i dont like it. it makes be feel ridiculous when someone does it to me even though its always innocent

Wink

He is free, he is mad,

Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

LOL-

like i said-winking is good when ur trying to make someone in a very serious position to laugh Wink

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:
Wink

i feel ridiculous now

maaf kardeejeya

t'was a joke!!! Sad

Wink

He is free, he is mad,