'It's a pirate's life for me'

A 25-year-old Somali pirate has told the BBC's Mohamed Olad Hassan by telephone from the notorious den of Harardhere in central Somalia why he became a sea bandit. Dahir Mohamed Hayeysi says he and his big-spending accomplices are seen by many as heroes.

"I used to be a fisherman with a poor family that depended only on fishing.

The first day joining the pirates came into my mind was in 2006.

A group of our villagers, mainly fishermen I knew, were arming themselves.

One of them told me that they wanted to hijack ships, which he said were looting our sea resources...

Read more @

you want to know about somali pirates? ask my uncle, his a pro on them. his somali himself. (his my stepdads younger brother) and he feels strongly about all this fishing politics and stuff.
i always fancied being a pirate, then i read about having to eat rats and i quickly changed my mind

Yeah, rat burgers would put me off too - but on the other hand I could have a parrot...

">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whFVOhigQeU]

THAT would be my entrance onto the world stage.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

hey thats my favourite movie!!!!! saw all three of them and own them along with the special editions and all the books and pencil case and colouring pencials and t shirts. yeah i'm a big kid, so what!!
love, love, LOVE jack sparrow. i have often been likened to him. my walk and ways and hand flourishing apparantly. i never know whether to take it as a compliment or an insult when i'm told though.

I was not a fan of the second one. The third one recovered from there, but still not as good as the first IMO.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

agreed (with barbossa teeth a'glittering). the first one is a classic. and the cast is great. orlando bloom (swoon), johnny depp (dead faint), and geoffery rush (hiya, how ya doin'?). great cast. although they could have cut keira knightly out (give me your preety little neck).
sorry but i just don't like her attitude. don't know why i say that when mine is appaling! but yes, first one is a classic.

Second best scene from the third film - the death of Lord Cutler Beckett:

">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3XMbw8CMvs]

"It's just good business"

on first seeing lord beckett i hated him. when he died i cried. i'm such a softie in books and films. it was just so emotional for me. i developed this love hate relationship with him. and when jack gets eaten by the kraken at the end of the second one i cried, and when barbossa comes back in the second one i cried, and when will died in the third one i cried although when he came back and truned from the wheel with that bandana on...phwoooaaarr! my good friend put it right in an embarassing way. silent cinema, will turner returns from the dead as captain of the flying dutchmen, he turns to face the camera, quiet mutterings in the cinema, my friend shouts with hands in the air 'OMG your so HOT!'. i slip to the floor silently writhing in embarassment. whole cinema stares at us and giggles when we leave.
its called one thing:

HUMILIATION!!!!!

I think the films would have been better without the Elizabeth and Will storyline(and characters - they dominated the second film, and to an extent the third)... and you may also have concentrated on the plot a little more.