4% (2 votes)
Let them go
63% (32 votes)
I dont know
12% (6 votes)
Total votes: 51

I often wear Wranglers.

I just love those jeans.

But do you think it is acceptable for muslim women to wear jeans or pants?

Is it OK for ladies to wear Wranglers?

I think Wrangler Sisters should not be harrassed.

But this news shocked me:

The muslim woman sister Lubna Ahmed al-Hussain was flogged for wearing trousers:

Im a guy so duno if my point of view counts but i reckon its ok for girls to wear jeans or trousers as long as they wear a dress or something ontop

but wearing like a tight top ontop of jeans i dont think is right ,,like jeans and skirts for muslim girls is now somethin ver common along with wearing a hijab with it especially for youth ,,

like was a big trend in college i used to attend,,its a pretty normal concept across europe and even some parts of asia for girls to wear jeans and should be accepted as long as there is intention of modesty with it

I love Omrow's threads. He can come across as argumentative and provocative at times and this can scare away newbies. But the way he finds news stories online and presents them on here in such an eye-catching (and hilarious) way is second to none! Keep it up old man!

Oh, and I am not in support of flogging women who wear jeans.

Don't just do something! Stand there.

I do wonder what was used as precedence to allow such a punishment... because I want to know what evidence the scholars have before shouting incompetence.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

assalamu alaikum,

In theory there is nothing wrong with wearing jeans or trousers. But like one brother said, muslim women should do it with a modest twist. that's something each woman should decide upon having read the guidelines on what constitutes a hijab.
Loose clothing, clothing that disguises the body rather than one shows it off, opaque clothing as opposed to transparent. Low key rather than ostentatious etc etc. one that covers everything except hands and face etc etc.

I used to have all sorts of problems getting clothes so i started wearing the jilbab/abaya, that way i can wear whatever i like without feeling i am exposed immodestly in any way. If work permits it i recommend sisters to do this. If not then they will have to spend time purchasing clothing wisely.

I don't think women should be whipped for wearing incorrect clothing under a sharia state, but women and men living under sharia law should be very aware of the rules governing their lives and try and abide by them, especially if they result in harsh physical punishments.

“O my people! Truly, this life of the world is nothing but a (quick passing) enjoyment, and verily, the hereafter that is the home that will remain forever.” [Ghafir : 39]

St786 wrote:

Im a guy so duno if my point of view counts

but i reckon its ok for girls to wear jeans or trousers as long as
they wear a dress or something ontop

Your point of view does not count.

Thats because you have not said anything.

We are NOT talking about wearing things on top of pants.

Can you not read the title of this thread?

What you said is like saying that wearing nickers is fine as long as you wear something suitable over it.

Also, in case you have managed to see a restriction that is not there,
I can reassure you that this topic is not for males only.

God !!

Dude i thought my points were valid' maybe u miss understood and i also adressed the exact question

Mate, don't worry about Omrow that's just what he's like. Heheheh!
Unfortunately, many people do stuff with no real authority from Islam, at all. Shame.

“Before death takes away what you are given, give away whatever there is to give.”

Mawlana Jalal ud Din Rumi

Omrow wrote:
St786 wrote:

Im a guy so duno if my point of view counts

but i reckon its ok for girls to wear jeans or trousers as long as
they wear a dress or something ontop

Your point of view does not count.

Thats because you have not said anything.

We are talking about wearing things on top of pants.

Can you not read the title of this thread?

What you said is like saying that wearing nickers is fine as long as you wear something suitable over it.

Also, in case you have managed to see a restriction that is not there,
I can reassure you that this topic is not for males only.

God !!

lol

you amuse me

I dont see what's so wrong with wearing "pants"
its not a western thing to wear pants anyway
if u think about it
women all over the world wear some form of pants

ppl from the indian subcontinent, for example, have the salwar
which are technically pants

Thing is though salwar kameez are typically loose form of 'pants' if thats what u wana call em,

jeans on other hand are typically tight i means its pretty rare to see girls wearin loose jeans etc

yet if they cover with a kameez or dress which cover themself then wearin jeans aint nufhin wrong i mean as time progresses so does style.

salwar kameez trousers are different since they are designed to be worn with a long tunic style top. They aren't made to wear with tops that expose the backside. These days a lot if not most trousers in the west are designed to show off the figure. Not my personal opinion just go into any high street store open any fashion mag, and you can see it there for yourself.

Btw salwar kameez trousers are now a fashion must have, they call them "harem trousers" lol, you can see them in select funky fashion stores, and designer stores.

i ain't so sure about a kameez with jeans st786, i don't like that look, but each to their own .

“O my people! Truly, this life of the world is nothing but a (quick passing) enjoyment, and verily, the hereafter that is the home that will remain forever.” [Ghafir : 39]

I corrected the error in the post above. It word "NOT" was missing.

I hope it now makes sense, especially to the gentleman who says nothing and yet wants it to count.

He thinks that the beautiful Paki dress is like jeans; only a bit loose.

I bet he thinks that the skirt is also like pants; just a bit MORE loose.

Jesus H. Christ !!

I wonder what they are feeding him at breakfast.

Yh jeans and kurta is quite a big style and has been for ages, and thts what i meant that IMO its fine to wear jeans if you wear some sort of dress or kuta to cover a certain extent below the waist which alot ov muslim girls do anyway,,

wednesday wrote:
Harem pants are made from Lycra + elastane and you'll need to know about their properties to understand what it's doing on High Street rails.

To answer the Q, I don't care. There are FAR better stuff to be looked after than a view on women and pants :roll:

I dont like them harem pants
they look really stupid
esp when u see girls wearing them with like a small t shirt
its just weird

I like it when they make salwar kameez with the salwar thats harem trouser style with the kameez over it
it looks classier

I don't know about high street harem pants, but i know Chloe and Ralph Lauren do some very wearable ones, and i think they look very cool if you know what to team them with, but you need to be slim, gutsy, and prepared for strange looks! i like this look no matter what anyone says, but i think i like the hat more than those trousers.: and here picture 2:

As for looking weird or stupid, well weird is good i like weird unique looking clothes, weird is not such a bad word!

There's two types of harem pants in the western market. Type 1: harem pants with a low crotch area, i think they look like a nappy gone wrong. Type 2: now out far more flattering slim and tight at the bottom like churrida or just tapered inwards and only slightly baggy at the top.

The indians, pakistanis didn't start this trend stop quibbling over it hands down Mc hammer wins lol

ok enough on harem pants for one day!

Pants often make women look like tarts.

They just dont know how stupid they appear.

wednesday wrote:

Men wear pants too, what about when they leave it
hanging half way down their glutius maximus?

They just don't know how stupid they appear.

They dont leave it hanging.

Such "men" cant keep it up.

Thats because they have nothing to hang their pants on.
Front and back. Which is why it slips.

You have seen hyenas havent you?

Omrow wrote:

Such "men" cant keep it up.

Thats because they have nothing to hang their pants on.

What about belts or braces?

Why do you need to 'hang your pants' on Anything? o.0

#Before you look at the thorns of the rose , look at it's beauty. Before you complain about the heat of the sun , enjoy it's light. Before you complain about the blackness of the night, think of it's peace and quiet... #

wednesday wrote:
And why in the world are their trousers below their ankles?

You mean being chafed under the feet? Sometimes its just easier that way...

if you mean the hadith, it does not mean literally below the ankles, but long flowing "arrogant" garments - like how the queen on special occasions has at times had many people behind her carrying her overflowing dress. just less extreme for most people. The point is to get rid of arrogance, not to keep the ankles uncovered.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Men in the arab world also wear flowing clothes - trousers/jeans are not from there, but from colder climes.

If there is another hadith too, no idea.

IO have heard someone say though that Hadhrat Abu Bakr asked about the length of clothing, and was told that it did not apply to him - meaning that it was for specific reasons that that was encouraged, ie to counter arrogance - rich people who did not need to work could do such things, poor people not so much so the hadith was an equaliser.

it's a sunnah, my husband does the same,my brother, and other cousins i know. sunnipath should have supporting evidence, if you have hadith books at home it'll be referenced there.

i'll let wednesday look it up, i'm being lazy today.

From (not the full answer)

The first type of hadiths are general (‘amm) in their wording, applying to all people without exception. An example of such a hadith is what has been related via Abu Dharr (Allah be pleased with him), who said,

"The Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace) said, ‘There are three types of people who Allah will not speak to on the Day of Judgment, nor will He look at them, nor will he purify them, and they shall have a painful punishment.’ The Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him and give him peace) said this three times. Abu Dharr then said, ‘They have failed and lost. Who are they, O Messenger of Allah?’ He said, ‘The one who hangs [his garment], the one who reminds [others of his favors], and the one who sells his goods by swearing a false oath." (Muslim)

The second type of hadiths are specific (khass) in their wording, applying to only those people who hang their garments out of pride. An example of such a hadith is what has been related via Ibn ‘Umar (Allah be pleased with him), who said,

"The Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him and give him peace) said, ‘Allah will not look at the one who drags his garment out of pride.’" (Muslim)

Imam Nawawi (Allah have mercy on him) commented on this hadith, saying,

"We have previously mentioned that it is not permissible to let one’s garment hang below one’s ankles if it is done out of pride. If it is not done out of pride, then it is disliked. The outward purport of the hadiths that qualify it with dragging out of pride indicates that it is only unlawful if done out of pride. Al-Shafi‘i has explicitly stated that the two cases [i.e., dragging with and without pride] are different, just as we have mentioned. The scholars concur that it is permissible for women to let their garment hang." (Sharh Sahih Muslim, 8.287-288)

In other words, Imam Nawawi understood that the generality of the former hadiths is specified by the latter hadiths (the mechanics of specification (takhsis) are discussed in books of usul al-fiqh), so that the unlawfulness only applies to cases when one’s garment is allowed to hang below one’s ankles out of pride. Imam Nawawi (Allah have mercy on him) mentions elsewhere that the Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace) allowed our master Abu Bakr (Allah be pleased with him) to let his lower garment hang, saying,

"You are not of those [who do it out of pride]." (Sharh Sahih Muslim, 2.298)

Just to note, the hadith are about hanging garments, dragging them - trousers/jeans etc seem to me to be exempt from that by virtue of not being garments that can be dragged along or hung.

Also, I do not see the mention of ankles in any of them ahadith.

This has nothing to do with silly women in pants.

Please dont go off topic.