'Muslim-Hindu love epic' tops Bollywood awards

Love epic tops Bollywood awards

The Indian historical film Jodhaa Akbar, about a Muslim-Hindu relationship, has dominated an Indian film awards ceremony, with six prizes.

At the gala event in Macau, China, it won best picture, best actor for Hrithik Roshan and best director for Ashutosh Gowariker.

The best actress award went to former Miss World Priyanka Chopra for her role in Fashion.

The International Indian Film Academy awards were marking 10 years.

Standing ovation

Jodhaa Akbar also won awards for best song lyrics, best music direction for Oscar-winning composer AR Rahman, and best male playback singer - an award for performers who record soundtracks for on-screen actors.

The movie tells the tale of a Mughal king and his love for a Hindu princess...

Read more @

If it worked... not so stupid then was it?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

wednesday wrote:

Mughal royal families were born Muslims, rich in cultural Islam. They never thought of God unless a Hindu mentioned one of their gods.

Do you know that for sure?

Even if you do, is it right to talk (or pass judgment) about the dead that way?

Don't just do something! Stand there.

I agree with u
they were more concerned with grandeur rather than anything practical
still fascinating to study

besides
that movie
jodhaa akbar
was more about their love life than the actual empire
what a load of crap
I dont know why I even watched it

wow... a bollywood film about a love story? i'm SHOCKED!

wednesday wrote:

And it's not something that *I* made up, I've read about them in hostorical literature and my aunt tells me all these stories because she studied Sub-continental history.

That's not really the point. Whether it's true or not.

They are dead, they were Muslim, so don't speak ill of them. ESPECIALLY by saying things like 'they never used to think about God'.

Agreed with Ya'qub on this - cannot be all encompassing on the matter, and even then you can only question their actions. We simply do not know what they were thinking or how Important Islam/God was in their lives.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.