"Manflu" proven by scientists!

Women 'fight off disease better'

Men really do have an excuse for supposedly being wimpy about coughs and colds - their immune systems are not as strong as women's, research suggests.

A Canadian study indicates that the female sex hormone oestrogen gives women's immune systems added bite at fighting off infection.

Oestrogen seems to counter an enzyme which blocks the inflammatory process.

The McGill University study appears in Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences...

Read more @

I am happy to accept 'man flu' does in fact exist. Smile

I thought it was down to women having a higher pain threshold, which I really do think they do have. But maybe something else that could play a part is something to do with women multitasking better - so it being less likely that things come to a halt and thus less of a big deal made/attention drawn.

It seems that men recover a little faster too, probably because they most often than not do get the rest and tlc needed, whereas less women do because of their roles in the family.

There is a male alternative to multitasking. I call it threaded single tasking.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Lol

Hhmm... more erm laid back and... structural that approach. Blum 3