58% (14 votes)
No
4% (1 vote)
I dunno
8% (2 votes)
Depends
29% (7 votes)
Total votes: 24

It would depend on how bored I was. Could be fun helping out.

A better question may be "how far will you go to help a stranger".

EDIT - I turned that docu off half way through. It was well boring.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:

EDIT - I turned that docu off half way through. It was well boring.

Hmm, guess that's a fundamental difference between us then. Personally, I had to stop myself drifting off into violent reveries. I'm sure I would help someone, the question is, would I go nuts about doing it?

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

you can't win every fight, right every wrong.

Different people will give up in different places, act on different wrongs etc.

And what if you fear that trying to wrong that right will mean you will be wronged?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

[quote=You]you can't win every fight, right every wrong.

And what if you fear that trying to wrong that right will mean you will be wronged?[/quote]

I think you mean to switch that around. Yeah it is true that you can't win every fight, but would you live it down if you didn't even call for help, what will you tell Allah (swt)? I was scared?

“Before death takes away what you are given, give away whatever there is to give.”

Mawlana Jalal ud Din Rumi

You wrote:
you can't win every fight, right every wrong.

And what if you fear that trying to wrong that right will mean you will be wronged?

You're absolutely right. A lot of street thugs aren't prissy little bullies, they're seriously tough. You wade in there like a hero and you're going to get taken apart. But if life's repeatedly taught me anything, it's that 'not acting out of fear' is the best way to become a depressed looser and even if you do try to fly and fall and crash badly, if you keep the faith, some good comes out of it.

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

Our Holy Prophet Muhammed said:

"Help any oppressed person whether he is a muslim or not".

It is our duty to support those people who are in need of assistance.

Love and kindness is at the heart of humanity.

The Lamp wrote:
You wrote:

Lol - Seems like my crusade against all that is good is continuing - even subconsciously.

The Lamp wrote:
I think you mean to switch that around. Yeah it is true that you can't win every fight, but would you live it down if you didn't even call for help, what will you tell Allah (swt)? I was scared?

It all depends on the situation and what the options are. I cannot even pretend to know how I would react in situations that I have not been present. I understand how its easy to look the other way, act like a sheep and ignore whatever simply because not ignoring it will inconvenience me. Does that mean I will not react? No idea, because I also know that reacting, helping may be fun.