Woman blinded by acid wants same fate for attacker

65 posts / 0 new
Last post

Maybe this guy needs to get checked out by a doctor. Revenge just leads to more feuds, it rarely helps.

“Before death takes away what you are given, give away whatever there is to give.”

Mawlana Jalal ud Din Rumi

A condition of such punishments IS that the person has to be sane.

And its not just him - there are loads of people in that region who think its perfectly acceptable to throw acid on others.

I find it curious that her mother will accompany her when the punishment is meeted out, but not her brother or her father. Gender bias? (and if there is, should I be questioning my uhm.. :P)

Its not revenge as its also the (maximum extent of) punishment allowed in Shariah. Why would there be further retribution? Such harsh punishments are there precisely to stop there being follow up and retribution - no one can say that the aggressor got off lightly.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

i like this, not cuz i believe in revenge but its interesting...

shakespeare in 'The merchant of Venice' wrote:
He hath disgraced me, and hindered me half a million, laughed at my losses, mocked at my gains, scorned my nation, thwarted my bargains, cooled my friends, heated mine enemies; and what's his reason? I am a Jew. Hath not a Jew eyes? Hath not a Jew hands, organs, dimensions, senses, affections, passions; fed with the same food, hurt with the same weapons, subject to the same diseases, heal'd by the same means, warm'd and cool'd by the same winter and summer, as a Christian is? If you prick us, do we not bleed? If you tickle us, do we not laugh? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge? If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that. If a Jew wrong a Christian, what is his humility? Revenge. If a Christian wrong a Jew, what should his sufferance be by Christian example? Why, revenge. The villainy you teach me, I will execute, and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction.

ermm relating back to the topic...u were talking about revenge?

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Gosh, reading the detail about this and then seeing her picture is just chilling. The detail about him being held down, the number of drops of acid etc etc... it makes difficult reading. I can't even imagine what it would be like to witness or actually do.

Obviously I can't really say, but I don't think I would opt for such punishment for the attacker.

Acid attacks though are quite common, I remember reading a piece about it which focused on such cases in Pakistan and was really quite horrified at the words and the pictures. If this case is widely publicised then inshallah it will make people think before committing such an awful act.

Pages