THE REVIVAL TALK SHOWS ON RADIO RAMADANS

355 posts / 0 new
Last post

"MuslimSister" wrote:

My friend called up last night and she was talking about how her mosque DOES give rights to women… and how women can pretty much do what they want…

Mr Bukhari went into sarcy mode by saying “Wow, really-that’s liberty for you”…and then she was cut off.

I heard half the show.

Asghar said to your friend something like, 'you're from Whitechapel mosque right?'. And she, very sarcastically, goes 'uhhunhhh :roll:'. Very funny.

"MuslimSister" wrote:
"Aasiyah" wrote:
so MuslimSis how did ur show go? Smile

This coming Monday first is the first day... :?

oh ok, Good Luck! Smile

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

hello all..

so wat happened to oldham radio... did mr crockery mess up this year??

FiGhT fIrE wItH fIrE

its a shame our show could not be heard on the web
the show was lively with plenty of phone calls and text messages
alot of callers blindly defended the mosques, imams, committees.... yes a few ppl did disagree with me, but thats not new!
as soon as i mentioned we should have a pool table in the mosque...all hell broke loose!!!! Biggrin
all in all , a good discussion...

tonight we have a show in rochdale
try tuning in , it should be on line.

wasalaam

lol....i heard u tried that Pool table thing in Oldham.......didnt go down well did it? Biggrin

jus go join rileys!!

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

YA ALLAH!

pool tables! is that a serious suggestion?

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

If it brings people to the mosque, why not?

just think about it.

you shoot some pool. you hear the Adhan. You pray. You shoot some more pool.

Or you shoot some pool. You hear some bollywood song. You argue wether you like it or not. You shoot some more pool.

Which is better?

Obviously the pool tables are not going to be in the main prayer hall... (Or someone may take a shot when the rest in Sajdah!)

The whole point being we all have a social life. why not make it more islamic, and revolve around the mosque.

Its a crazy Idea, but totally workable.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

brother med....care to explain why you disagree?

in Chicago, Imam Ramee opened up a mosque in an area suffering heavily from gang culture. by providing a gym as well as leisure facilities and a prayer room....he managed to work wonders

mosques are supposed to be for community purposes as well

so if it keeps people away from doing wrong, i cant see the problem

better in the mosques pool room than the 'yard'

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

"Admin" wrote:
If it brings people to the mosque, why not?

just think about it.

you shoot some pool. you hear the Adhan. You pray. You shoot some more pool.

Or you shoot some pool. You hear some bollywood song. You argue wether you like it or not. You shoot some more pool.

Which is better?

Obviously the pool tables are not going to be in the main prayer hall... (Or someone may take a shot when the rest in Sajdah!)

The whole point being we all have a social life. why not make it more islamic, and revolve around the mosque.

Its a crazy Idea, but totally workable.

good answer admin.

med on the other hand needs to come to the real world. It's cus the elders hav such views that the younger generation has desertd islam never mind mosques.

FiGhT fIrE wItH fIrE

Salaam

Islam needs to be presented in a manner that is appealing to the youth. That’s one thing that the “Revival mag” is good at.

If teenagers who don’t usually come into the mosque begin to attend cos of a pool table and end up reading their Salaah whilst they’re there….this can only be a good thing.

A pool table is not “haraam”. And Islam is not a boring, strict, inflexible religion.

The mosque I attend offer kick boxing classes for the boys.

Wasalaam

"irfghan" wrote:
"MuslimSister" wrote:

My friend called up last night and she was talking about how her mosque DOES give rights to women… and how women can pretty much do what they want…

Mr Bukhari went into sarcy mode by saying “Wow, really-that’s liberty for you”…and then she was cut off.

I heard half the show.

Asghar said to your friend something like, 'you're from Whitechapel mosque right?'. And she, very sarcastically, goes 'uhhunhhh :roll:'. Very funny.

I never heard that bit... so if it was like that, my opinion has been sullied.

However the actual presenter was the one in control of cutting people off?

I believe Asghar Bukhari was just on another line.

(and when that guy rang in and started singing, you could hear the people in the studio laughing, and others shouting cut1 cut! cut!)

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

guests can not cut people off

only presenters can

but Asghar was very very rude

btw do u know that the guy who called in singing pretending to be an old uncle was actually a young guy-

i was laughing when i heard that

Too zinda hay wallaaaaaah

Too zindaaaaaaaaaaah hheeeeeeeeeeey wwaaaaaaaaaaallllllllaaaaaaahhhh

(cut! cut! cut!)

Tooooo Zindaaaaaaa....(line goes dead)

:twisted:

"Admin" wrote:
Too zinda hay wallaaaaaah

Too zindaaaaaaaaaaah hheeeeeeeeeeey wwaaaaaaaaaaallllllllaaaaaaahhhh

(cut! cut! cut!)

Tooooo Zindaaaaaaa....(line goes dead)

:twisted:

What does this even mean?

Was he trying to make some political point?

:?

It means 'By God you are alive.'

No idea why he was singing it though...

Dirol muslims who are gay and know that the Quran rejects homosexuality should be SHOT!!!!!!!!! :evil:

Humko kiske gham ne mara ye kahani phir sahi Wink

"MuslimSister" wrote:

Can we just get back to the topic….does anyone from East London listen to Radio Ramadan?

Wasalaam

umm i would love to move to london just to listen to you and Sister Khatijah, could imagine it to be well worth it. What issues do u guys discuss, and why isn't it online? Sad

"MuslimSister" wrote:

Can we just get back to the topic….does anyone from East London listen to Radio Ramadan?

Is the guy who hosts Radio Ramadan from 10 to 12 in the evening, the short slightly chubby guy from Islam Channel?

"irfghan" wrote:
"MuslimSister" wrote:

Is the guy who hosts Radio Ramadan from 10 to 12 in the evening, the short slightly chubby guy from Islam Channel?

there are many diff radio stations

in the east london one "radio ramadan" -the guys from islam channel reg come on (not sure what they look like)

they have really intresting shows on reg-

but my sister aint doing that radio-she's doing a diff one

apparently radio controls are very confusing and technical-

"irfghan" wrote:
"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

there are many diff radio stations

Thanks for pointing [i]that[/i] out. :roll:

I was talking about [url= one[/url].

well-how do i know if a short fat guy presents the programme? :roll:

in a radio u cant SEE people u can only hear them

btw if u referring to the presenter who presented the show with Asghar as a guest--he's pretty good

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

btw if u referring to the presenter who presented the show with Asghar as a guest--he's pretty good

That's the one. IMO he's an over-actor.

"irfghan" wrote:
"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

That's the one. IMO he's an over-actor.

he does his job well

being a presenter-he stirs up controversy and starts up heated debate

i like the way he does it

ideal for the job IMO

He's too obvious.

Blatantly fake.

(At times)

"TheRevivalEditor" wrote:

LETS TALK SHOW BY THE REVIVAL TEAM
on radio ramadan manchester and rochdale[/b]
Listen to lively debates and discussions on all issues concerning the muslim youth:

Crescent Community Radio - 107.8 FM
[b]EVERY FRIDAY AND SATURDAY AT 10PM[/b]
LISTEN LIVE ON:

This one seems to be working properly now... the other one for the thursday show seems to still be down..

"Admin" wrote:
"TheRevivalEditor" wrote:

LETS TALK SHOW BY THE REVIVAL TEAM
on radio ramadan manchester and rochdale[/b]
Listen to lively debates and discussions on all issues concerning the muslim youth:

Crescent Community Radio - 107.8 FM
[b]EVERY FRIDAY AND SATURDAY AT 10PM[/b]
LISTEN LIVE ON:

This one seems to be working properly now... the other one for the thursday show seems to still be down..

so everyone should tune in this friday and saturday at 10pm on

and listen to The Revival Team discussing hot issues. Feel free to phone and text your comments.

I am... for a bit. Its about time I actually listened.

I take it Ed is guy who is presenting. I missed the start.

Pages