$93,803 a Year to Do Nothing

State employee: I get $93,803 for no work

ALBANY -- As he tells it, Randall Hinton is paid $93,803 a year to do nothing.

He spends much of his workday at the State Insurance Fund donning headphones, listening to rock 'n' roll, blues or classical tunes and his superiors are cool with that.

His work agenda involves placing his feet up on his desk, staring out his office window and counting cars on the New York State Thruway. He arrives at 7:30 a.m., leaves at 3:30 p.m., sees no one and talks to no one.

He never does any work. It's been this way for Hinton for most of this decade.

"I just sit here," said Hinton, 55, of Niskayuna, a 27-year state employee who has held several high-level posts at various agencies...

Read more @

You wrote:

staring out his office window and counting cars on the New York State Thruway. He arrives at 7:30 a.m., leaves at 3:30 p.m., sees no one and talks to no one.

That sounds sad but otherwise what a wonderful "job"!

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

That would be like my perfect job. I wonder what the holiday entitlement is like...

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

this job is my goal for the future

SMILE! its charity Wink

proud_hijabi wrote:

Sounds like a relaxing job.
But now look what these young people are aspiring to
Lol

You wrote:
I wonder what the holiday entitlement is like...

Lol

Dont think too far ahead now will you?

sbf wrote:
proud_hijabi wrote:

Lol

I know its very bad, they are not setting themselves very high goals are they?! hehe

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

sbf wrote:
proud_hijabi wrote:

Lol

earing almost 100,000 for doing nothing all day is the perfect job to aspire to
you could just IM people all day
and talk on the phone
think about stuff and so on
the perfect job
Biggrin

SMILE! its charity Wink

id get bored and it wouldnt feel like im achieving anything cuz money isnt that important obviously earning more money is good and u may have a better life etc but id rather really "earn" that money if i did get that much. and i cbb to explain my point better rite now so il edit it later (maybe):)

ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:
id get bored and it wouldnt feel like im achieving anything cuz money isnt that important obviously earning more money is good and u may have a better life etc but id rather really "earn" that money if i did get that much. and i cbb to explain my point better rite now so il edit it later (maybe):)

yh i get you

SMILE! its charity Wink

proud_hijabi wrote:
...you could just IM people all day...

Not really. if you read the article, the office was not given many amenities. No internet.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.